7.21.2008

I love not camping!

I'm home. Please note: I will never camp in a tent again. I will admit it, some people simply are not the type to sleep in a tent, in the rain, with a huge wall cloud filled with lightening coming at them. That is not mentioning the 13,000 other people (most under 19) camping next to us, the incredible humidity, warm cooler food, dirty porta potties... 

I had a great time with my friends at Sonshine. It was fun to hang out, listen to some good music: tobyMac, David Crowder Band, Newsboys, and Jars of Clay were all great. I have also realized how old I am. The concerts ended around midnight, and by 1 a.m. or so, I was ready to sleep. However, many of the 13,000 others sleeping next to us were not. Most of the nights, the screaming (mostly Marco! Polo!) and fireworks did not end until 4 a.m., much to late for an old fart like myself. I need my sleep, or I tend to become crabby the next day. Oh well, live a little, right? Sorry, one last vent:
Dear Mr. Young Man in the tent next to us: 
That was an impressive display of language you were able to show us at 3 a.m was fantastic. I especially liked the f-bombs you were able to drop between each word you used. You had it going on that night, gay slurs, feminist stereotypes, racism, it was amazing. One teeny suggestion if I may? Read Job 13:5 before you talk next time. 
Sincerely, 
Old Woman in the next tent. 

I am posting some pics from Sonshine here for your enjoyment. I am going to try to upload a video of a guy dancing at the tobyMac concert. It is dark, but it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. This man was a terrible, and I mean terrible, dancer. But, his enthusiasm and love for the music were so great. He did not care what he looked like, he just found an empty spot and did his thing. Everyone could use a little of his attitude- quit thinking about what everyone else thinks and just do your thing. 

1 comment:

Guacaholic said...

What was the guy next to your campsite doing at a CHRISTIAN music festival? Did he not get the memo?

Sheesh!