Today I ran my first 1/2 marathon!! (that's 13.1 miles for those unfamiliar with the lingo) I am pretty pysched. I know it wasn't the full marathon, but I am still pretty happy with the finish. I kept to my Race Pace and finished full 3.5 minutes earlier than my goal. That being said, I have a few observations from the race:
- It is probably not the greatest idea to attempt to run 13 miles in JEAN shorts. Chaffing anyone? I hope the poor girl brought vaseline.
- Again, running skirts are cute and fun, however, I am not sure a jumper is a good choice for a long run.
-This is for you men: Shorts that are over 9 inches above your knees are too short. Do not wear them. I may go as far as to say 5 inches is my personal limit.
That being said, I had a great time. I met some cool people and enjoyed the run. Now it is off to a birthday party with the boys.
1 comment:
Better you then I!
Post a Comment