9.01.2008

Back to the Grind and loving it

As I get ready to go back to work, I have been thinking about the good 'ole days of college. I remember how stressed and busy I felt (without kids, or a house!) Now, looking back, those seemed like the glory days. Of course, there were stressful times, like getting the syllabus and freaking out thinking "how am I ever going to do all this work in a semester? Is my prof crazy?!?" Largely though, they were great. Sitting around between classes bitching about professors, laughing about people in class, worrying over assignments- I loved it! Group projects where nobody did any work, expensive worthless textbooks, professors with big heads, parking in the z lot and walking 3/4 mile to class in January- bring it on.

Now I can't wait to go back for my masters. If I were tenured, I would be back in school right now. I have taken a few of my master elective courses and can't wait to go back for more. I loved college- except for the math courses, they sucked. And that stupid elementary music course where we had to play the recorder and sing Hot Cross Buns. (Yeah, that made me a better teacher.)
So if you are a college student, enjoy. The real world comes at you fast enough. those are my pearls of wisdom for the decade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't they know by now not to teach kids songs that have the words "hot buns" in it by now???