10.23.2008

Domestically Disable

What do you think? I am thinking of changing the name of my  blog to "Domestically Disabled." Believe me, it is true. While others may get a joy out of cleaning the house, doing laundry, and (ughh) cooking, I don't. Last night when we were discussing dinner options, Core said, "oh honey, you are so unlucky, forced to be domestic as you are." Lucky for him he was joking, or I would have broken his other fingers. 
I read blogs of other lovely ladies who post amazing recipes and think to myself, "I should try that-never." I have no idea what fresh basil even looks like. My friend Amanda once checked every one of my cupboards and found no seasons or spices. She couldn't believe it. (I do have energy gels and sport beans though!) 
I have a blank wall in my house I have no idea how to fill. I don't see the vision, the ideas. I like the vision, but am unable to create it. (That, and I'd rather have a blank wall than one with some cruddy home interiors print hanging on it and with a shelf with knicknacks next to it.) 
Don't bother to invite me to your scrapbooking, cardmaking, quilting, or craft retreat. I won't come. I'd rather poke my eyeball out with rusty nails. (I will, however, look at your scrapbooks, I think they are pretty) 
For those of you who are domestic, thank you. Your over-domesticity (yep, it's a word- look it up) allows those like myself to be underachievers. If you need me, I'll be running (literally) to Cub to pick up some pre-made salad. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like to clean, and love to cook and especially bake if I had more time, but I also don’t have the vision to decorate. Chris is much better at that. I LOVE it when things look all nice and modern, but how to get a blank wall to that point? I’ve got no idea (nor initiative).

As for wedding showers, baby showers, scrapbooking parties, card making, quilting, Tastefully Simple, or any other party/event/version of hell anyone is inviting me to? Save your stamp. It ain’t gonna happen.

Mom taught us well.

Jazzy said...

You do have seasoning at your house! I left my tastefully simple season salt there over the summer:) I still have not gottten around to going and picking it up from although my husband is REALLY missing it because he asks me every week if I have picked it up yet:)

Mallorie said...

Haha. You are too funny! & I LOVE that name!

I HATE cooking. Hate. I'm horrible at the whole planning out meals and then actually making stuff. Usually when by the time I'm hungry I lack the motivation to actually get up and make a meal. So we just do something frozen... I am horrible. Actually I do make soup but that's only because all it requires is throwing the ingredients in and then leaving it...

But I do, however, love crafty things.

Miss said...

you totally crack me up...and have just been added to my google reader so I can continue to be cracked up by the likes of you!

Thanks for entertaining me tonight! =)