2.22.2009

Not me!

Mornin' All! Welcome to MckMama's fun blog carnival! 
After teasing me all week about hitting a cart corral,  my husband {did not} hit the house with the 3 wheeler while taking the boys on a joy ride. Seriously?! I was not super excited about this, as he can no longer razz me!

Now, I've been searching for a Wii Fit forever..(or at least 3 weeks)...so when I saw one in the Target ad this weekend, I jumped in my car and raced to the store. Upon entering the store, it {did not} occur to me that I had possibly forgotten to brush my hair, wipe the previous make up from under my eyes, or put socks on. Ahem. I must apologize to those who saw me. Got my game though! 

As a mommy and a teacher, I understand the importance of children's feelings to them. Therefore, this past week {did not} find me laughing uncontrollably at both of my boys. 
Asher? A typical 2 year old tantrum. "Don't you 'waff at me mommy!!" I laugh harder. "Mommy not 'waff at her Asher!!" Harder still. Finally, at the top of his lungs, "Stop 'waffing. Now. You understand?" 
Elijah? He ran at the table and suddenly, gone. He had slipped and fallen under the table. Something about it was so ridiculous that I couldn't stop laughing. 

Finally, at school? I was innocently standing at the copy machine when a coworker came up behind me and yelled "BOO!!" I {did not} almost jump out of my skin and scream loudly. Turns out, there was a conference meeting going on in the next room, where they all heard my {alleged} shriek. (I was not really scared. I knew he was there the whole time.)

Have a wonderful week everyone. I am looking forward to hearing all of yours!  

36 comments:

Debbie said...

So, did you score the Wii Fit? I have some new house shoes that are very similar to black ballet flats, which I also have. I have walked out to my car twice while wearing them. It is just a matter of time:)

Counselormama said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am also doing a not me mon but haven't posted yet! I loathe cooking btw!

Lauren said...

I totally did not just 'waff out loud! :)

A cart corral, really???

Joy said...

Haha!! It's always embarrasing when something like that happens, but by the end of the day, it's all giggle and laughs! :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ok, the hitting the house with the 3 wheeler rocks my face off! you totally will be using that one for years!!! take a picture, put it on his desk...with a great caption!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sometimes it is just so hard to not laugh at the kids' antics.

Kameron said...

I would have laughed too!! I also love it when the hunnbs makes fun of you and karma finds a way of evening the score!!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I love your stories about your boys...

One of my best friends is rather small, like a size 0 is too big for her and she happens to fit into all sorts of cabinets and corners etc...she really likes to jump out and scare people too...NOT me thought...NEVER me.

Jenn said...

Ummm...I shrieked when my husband walked into the bedroom the other night. Apparently, I can't hear him over the "noise" of my rustling the sheets to get comfy, and I when I looked up, he was suddenly in the room. Yeah, it scared me. I do that a lot.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I want a Wii fit, too! Glad you got your hands on one. I would love to read your review....

heidi said...

Obviously I never laugh at the misfortune of my children, either.

DESJ and Company said...

OK you crack me up!!!!

Stephanie said...

I spook very easily, so just think of it in a positive light...at least you didn't wet your pants!

Oh and Ben fell under the table once. I too "waffed" at him and then went to see if he was OK. Does that make me a bad mommy?

Ohilda said...

Too funny!! I too sometimes think our little ones are hilarious as they are seriously telling me something.

Orah said...

At least you remembered your purse when you went to Target, i did not forget it twice and only realize when I got there.

The Peacock Pearl said...

i think we should all "waff" at our kids way more! keeps things light and fun!

Staci said...

My 3 year old has now started fussing at me when I laugh at her. She'll say or do something funny or cute and I laugh and she'll start yelling, "mommy, mommy, mommy". I have tried to explain to her that when we laugh at her it is because she made us happy...didn't fly! Oh well, "waff on"!

Stellan Bracelets said...

I am roaring at the visual of DH running into the house with the ATV... I mean, a HOUSE? How could he miss a house?! I bet it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't picked on you because of the cart corral... He'll know next time ;)

I waff at my kids too, especially Josh when he sleepwalks/sleeptalks, and he gets very upset... which does NOT make me waff harder!!

MeganLaRue said...

Oh gosh! I seriously "Waffed" reading your not me's...

Sounds so much like my little one with the whole "Now. you understand" lol

Too cute!

Great Not Me! Monday...

seriously? said...

I would have laughed hysterically at both the kids. We seem to have the same type of humor. :)

Glad you go your Wii fit...who cares if people saw you without your hair brushed and old make up on, at least you were wearing socks...oh wait, my bad. :)

The Peacock Pearl said...

Good ol' Lucky Charms!!!!! :) i'd rather have cinnamon toast crunch or fruit loops, but like i said they WERE for the hubby ;)

Lindsay said...

I am absolutely reading this blog instead of cooking, laundry, cleaning, organizing - yay me!

1) My first thought when I saw your comment and picture was "Oh my god Carrie Underwood commented on my blog!!!"

2) I love finding bloggy teachers. What grade??

3)Sigh, I try hard everyday not to laugh at my students, but with them. Most times I last until I can share the stories with my non teaching friends.

Have a great week!

Wayne said...

Great not me's

I am starting a new post on the 12th of march called - Honor them Thursday - and I am looking for as many people to take part as possible. it will have mr linky so your person of honor can be seen by the world. it's a chance to honor the people you love wether it's your mom or dad or you partner or your child or one of your your friends or maybe some one has inspierd you. Honor them and say thankyou. I hope you will join in

seriously? said...

I will give you my dirty little secret about the Girl scout cookies. Vanilla Ice Cream and thin mints OR what used to be called Tag a Longs but are now peanut butter patties. OK, I realize now I know way too much about girl scout cookies and I don't even have a child in girl scouts!!

Crazee Juls said...

lol, I do not laugh at my children and they do not hate it too.. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your's is so cute, I'm so jealous. I can't wait to get myself a cute blog.

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm gonna be waffing all day now...Understand? I love kids...they crack me up...especially when they belong to somebody else!

Carebear said...

Great not mes. Love your little Elijah's quotes. So cute!

Unknown said...

My oldest can't stand when I laugh at him but he's just so funny sometimes! ; ) Good thing you didn't sream with all thos peole next door...

Katie Lane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

King J's Queen said...

Hi! You are the very first person to have left a comment on my blog. I was so excited! Thank you!

I'm out here reading blogs instead of cleaning the kitchen. Shame on me.

Nice to "meet" you. I'll be visiting often.

Elyse said...

The BOO scare had me cracking up! Hope ya had a great Monday :)
~Elyse~

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Oh my gosh this was so funny! Your boys are so hilarious and cute!

Hope you like your Wii Fit!

Happy Monday!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I am SO that girl, my friend. The one who screams when anyone creeps up behind her. My husband learned long ago to make noise whenever he enters a room. Otherwise, I am so lost inside my own head that if he surprises me, I will literally jump out of my skin.

I also laugh at my children all the time.

You and I may very well be soul mates.

-Wenda

Kendl said...

I so understand the Wii thing. We were like that before Xmas trying to find one.

And I am also glad that I am NOT the only one who does not laugh when their child is throwing a temper tantrum.

E @ Scottsville said...

Ahhh, gotta love laughin' at your kids. My hubby purposely hit the brakes knowing it would make my daughter bump her head and then laughed and laughed. Mean ole' daddy! Kids - gotta love 'em!

Enjoyed your Not Me's!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this was hilarious! I know it's wrong, but when my princess falls or trips I laugh uncontrollably. I think it's a coping mechanism or NOT!