2.18.2009

Facebook

Well, was I ever in shock and awe when Francesca over at 3baybchicks tagged me in a taggie thingie. For one? She is cool. Like,  a ton of people read her blog*. She always leaves super positive, uplifting feedback, and? Her kids are adorable and her posts are always funny. The facebook one is classic. 
Anyway, she posted the good ole 25 Random Things About Me post, to which I thought? What the heck? I'm always up for a little more "me talk" I can never seem to talk about myself enough.... but, I'm not promising more than 10. 
1. I bore myself to death writing these. Do I sound boring? Will it offer deep insight into my soul? Is that a piece of popcorn on the floor? I claim it.

2. I had the following conversation with a student today, after I noticed he was limping. 
Me: "Hey sir, why are you limping?" 
Sir: "Oh, I think a tree hit my leg."
Me: "You think a tree hit your leg?!? Your not sure?"
Sir: "No."
Me: "Offer me a little more insight on this."
Sir: "Well, a tree fell down and it might have hit my leg."
Me: "But you can't be sure?..."
Sir: "No"
Me: "Your right then, best to limp in case." 

3.  My husband tells me daily that I do not act like any lady he knows. Umm, we've been married 10 years, does he not know me yet??!?

4. It grosses me out when my students bring their snack into the bathroom. I tell them daily that it makes me want to vomit. Yet? I still see them happily march into the bathroom munching on Cheez-its. And I am pretty sure they don't properly handwash after. 

5. This makes it very lucky that I am in no way,  shape or form a germaphobe. Sorry. That's pretty incredible, if you think of some of the stuff I've seen.  I think God made me pretty germ resistant the way I am. 

6. I read blogs of people who have gone through a loss of a child, ect. but rarely leave comments. This is because I don't want them to track back here and think I am some sort of shallow dork. I mean, I am, but still, they don't need to read about my dorkiness after a loss. 

7. I feel compelled to share the details of all of the blogs I read with my husband. I feel a tad irritated when he can't keep the families straight. I mean, come on! Heidi is different than Run Mommy Run, who is different than Mrs. Not So Domesticated. I don't see the problem. 

8. I've had 3 doctors refer me to ADHD testing, but never gone. Honestly. The test is like 3 hours long. Do they really think that is a good idea for someone who may have ADHD?

9. I want to sign up for a marathon, but am nervous. What if I fail? Buckle? I know I can run at least 20 miles before death, but it still leaves 6.1 miles unknown. 

10. Fine. I admit it. I can purchase my lady garments in the section of the store that sells them with frogs and rainbows on them. Victoria's Secret once told me they don't even make my size. 

11. I asked my doctor why my sister is so much more well endowed than me, but she just looked at me like I'm crazy. 

12. I don't get it though. I'm the big sister. 

13. That's fine though. It comes in handy for running.

14. And she has cankles. Just kidding. Maybe. 

That's all folks. My tag? A request from you all. Simply tell me what the funniest/ickiest/most annoying status update you've seen on Facebook lately. Mine?

*** is at house of bounce with a whole bunch of ugly ass moms who think they're all that. 

*** is watching severely over-weight people eat with their mouths open. f-ing gross!

Can you believe these gems came from the same man? And I only had to go back 3 days! 

On that note? Have a great one! 


**I feel the same way about Debbie

14 comments:

Crystal said...

Cankles unite lol, lol @ the ADHD comment... my mom has ADD shes a bit um crazy but thats okay as long as she doesnt hang with me for long.. or she makes me crazy lol.

Jenn said...

I think your conversations with students are HILARIOUS.

Oh, and there are times when those of us who are...ahem...more endowed than you would gladly trade. Even if it meant purchasing lady garments with frogs and/or rainbows on them. You should SEE the sports bras we need to buy. :)

Guacaholic said...

"...is at work" and "is watching (insert TV show here)". So thrilling!

Whoever owns those status updates is in dire dire need of some empathy!

seriously? said...

I am totally with you on the kids taking their food into the bathroom. Where do you think they put it when they are actually using the restroom? Too gross to even think about...

I love the status updates but, some people take it way too far. Next thing I know, I will be hearing about my facebook friends using the restroom and if it was #1 or #2. TMI!!!!

Debbie said...

So, I am reading along and just enjoying this post so much. Of course, the conversation about the tree maybe having hit the leg is about to slay me! And I'm having a hard time focusing on the rest of it because that was just so priceless. Then, I get to the bottom and am attempting to get my old lady eyes to focus on the tiny footnote when, lo and behold, it is a very nice compliment about little ole me! How nice to find. Which just goes to show you that you really should fully read each post:) Plus, what a compliment to be compared to the incomparable Francesca, whom I love. But, maybe not as much as the tree story.

Erin said...

I am so with you on kids taking their food into the bathroom. It bugs so much, especially since school bathrooms are so, so not clean.

Anonymous said...

I do not have cankles! My ankles are far smaller than my DDs. Incidently Vicoria's Secret also does make my size, but for an entirely different reason. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

oops - I meant "does NOT make my size, for an entirely different reason."

HAHA again.

Jazzy said...

Well honey Victorias Secret DOES make my size and it doesn't do me a darn bit of good. What good is the bra if the boobs filling it resemble pantyhose with 15lbs of sand each! I don't need a bra, I need duct tape to hold them suckers up where they came from. Ahhhhhhh the wonderful benefits of breast feeding our young. I don't know what part about having kids is worse, the pantyhose sand boobs or the tummy that looks like a road map from being stretched FAR beyond it's limit?

And listen to you talk about running a marathon. I'm taking 9 weeks to train for a 5K for crying out loud. THAT is embarassing.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

These were all so funny. Loved the ADHD comment! It totally bothers me when kids take their food into the bathroom too. I see it all the time and it never fails to gross me out!

"Cookie" said...

I love reading about when you have conversations with studens. They are hilarious!!

I'm giving the hubby a taste of what it's like to be home alone with our Lil Man. I'm sooo looking forward to it. We shall see how it goes!!

amanda said...

those were very fun! love it.

The Stiffs said...

Love your blog. You don't know me but I have to share this FB story. I whined about my child's pink eye in a status once. Someone posted to my blog that breast milk will cure it then she offered to come over so I could have some of hers. EWWWW!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

As I sit at my computer on a Saturday afternoon, our kids finally asleep and recovered from being sick all week, I was absolutely delighted to come across this post.

What incredibly kind words, my friend. Thank you! I am so honored. I have long considered your blog to be one of my favorites and to receive this type of praise from a blogger that I admire is truly wonderful.

Thanks for playing along.

-Francesca (aka Wenda)

PS: The tree story is the best!