Yes, I am going to write one of those posts that covers so many topics that you don't know which one to comment on. So feel free to read and comment on whatever strikes you! Or not. Whatever non strikes you? Unstrikes?.. Anyway.
I ran 16 miles last night. I have done 15 recently, and was okay after that, but am wiped today. I did 14 miles in 2 hours, then dropped to an 8:41 mile for mile 15 and then down from there. My total time was 2 hours 18 min and some odd seconds. Yes, I was tired. Yes, I am sore today! I think i best slow down my pace a bit for my next long run!
**related, but not in a blood relation way** I read an article in our local paper about a guy who had gone to a running clinic to have his gait evaluated to run better. He said how he "warmed up" at about an 8 min/mile, then "kicked it up to a 6:45 min/mile." Whatever. If I ran that fast, I'd have to have to be on Supermarket Sweep or something. Otherwise I'd be dead. I think my current pace is about as fast as I'll ever get.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My parents car was stolen out of their yard on Saturday night. My dad heard the driveway dinger thingy they have go off at 2 a.m., and then go off again a few min. later. He got up and looked, but didn't see anything. The next morning, they noticed their car was gone. Naturally, he did not have the doors unlocked with the keys in it.
So, I am driving to work yesterday when I pass a local church parking lot. I see a vehicle that looks like my parents parked in the lot. Then I realize it is my parents car. I whip a u-turn, (or as whipping a u turn you can get in an Impala,) and go to look closer. Sure enough, it is my parent's car. I call my dad.
"Hi Dad, I found your car."
"Hi honey, that's nice."
"No, dad, I really found your car. I am looking at it right now."
"Really? Are you sure?"
"Yes. It has Elijah's hat in the backseat and one of his art projects in the front seat."
"And your sure it is ours?"
"Um, I am not sure if you speaketh the same language, but didn't I just say that?" Okay, I made that part up, but honestly!?!?
Apparently the theives stole 3 cars that night, and just randomly parked them all over. The only thing wrong with the car was the rearview mirror was ripped off. but, parked in a church parking lot? Priceless.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly? If we get one more freakin' snowfall here in Minnesota, I'm going to scream. Loudly.
And, of course, I still am praying for Mckmama and Stellan. I just think of my boys. You know how when they are sick, or hurt, and you would do anything to take that pain away? I can't imagine how torn up, broken, helpless and hurt she feels right now.

31 comments:
I cant believe you found your dad's car. That is nuts.
What's the drivway dinger thingy?
Here's another Q: How often do you run 10+ mi - as in, how may days a week? (I have 2 acquaintances that do 9 or more a day, which struck me as sort of extreme for a daily habit, but maybe I am way off base...)
You were right, I'm not sure which part to comment on!
I'll just say Happy Tuesday and be done with it!
i wish i could run like that...no, not really lol! glad your parents got the car back, how ironic that you found it! ttyl~
i hope i'm not offending you or your parents by saying this, but the car story is freakin' hillarious! first of all, he left the keys IN the car?! and what thief goes and parks a car at a church? maybe he was feeling guilty of his sin... anyway, that's so good that they got their car back!
holy running. that's so good!
and yes.. i'm torn over mckmama too.
haha... the word verification for my comment is snowh. i hope you don't get anymore either, you guys need at least one month of spring!
No running for me,... reeses peanut butter cups are calling me. So funny about the car lol,
The only running I do is running around in circles. I'm impressed by your dedication!
Now, finding your parents' stolen car...that's truly impressive. Do you realize how slim the chances of that were? Not that it would be found, but that you'd be the one to find it. Betcha the keys don't get left in an unlocked car in their driveway again.
I'm rootin' for you on your running goals.
So the thieves in Minnesota steal cars to go to church?
16 miles....are you crazy? I can't even phatom that, as I can barely run three!
Doors unlocked and keys in it?! I lock the doors of my house while I'm there! lol
Wow, 16 miles? I just got done doing 3, and I now feel pathetic! You go, girl!
That is awesome and crazy that you found your dad's car!
If someone ever steals my car, I'm calling you. :)
My new name for you is going to be INSPECTOR GADGET! (Did you ever watch that as a kid? Hope so, or else my nickname has no meaning for you whatsoever!) That's insane that you found your parents car. And in a church parking lot... maybe they were feeling extra guilty!?!?!
16 miles... I have never in my life run that far at one time. I really over did it last week to have started off the way I did. I'm paying for it now because I seem to have "runners hip" which I find to be hilarious that I have already developed a syndrome from running and I had only been back at it for 2 days! I took 3 days off, so I am hoping to give it a go again today. But maybe not because Reagan has the croup, and she won't let me out of her sight right now. But like you said about Mckmama... I'm not minding the extra snuggles at all right now. I will admit that I was a bit extra nervous giving Reagan the steriod breathing treatment the other night... it's the same one the nurse gave Stellan that sent him into SVT to begin with. Reagan managed it fine though, and we've done several more masks since then.
Sorry to practically have left a post myself for a comment! That's what you get for going all random on me! If only we were neighbors...
The fact that your Dad looked out but saw nothing (including the car?) is pretty funny in itself.
However, the fact that YOU found it in a church parking lot(who can say 'ironic'?) and your Dad QUESTIONED your surety that it was actually theirs is absolutely a side-splitter!
Thanks for the laughs,
Pam
Okay so the stolen car story is definitely one for the books!
The convo between you and your dad is hilarious!
Oh my about finding your parents car! HOW WEIRD IS IT that YOU of all people would find it. That is sooooo cool!
Way to go!
I love hodgepog! I am a bit of an ADD person, so hodgepog works well for me. Rock on for hitting 16 miles. I need to up my milage but I'm just not sure how to do it the right way. I want to up it, but still feel good running. How many days a week are you running? Anyways, as far as running super fast, just think, if you ran that fast you wouldn't get 2 hours and 18 minutes of alone time. :)
I seriously don't know how you find the time to run that kind of mileage on a weekday. What is your secret. Seriously!
That is just nuts about your parents' car...I can't believe that a) people still leave cars unlocked with keys in the ignition (I live in the inner city--I sooo can't relate!) and that b) you found the car!
Hope the kids feel better soon...enjoy washing sheets all night long. :(
Hodgepodge posts are fun sometimes... I like 'em!
I love that your dad said "Hi honey, that's nice" as if its nothing at all and then questioned you - that's priceless!
Ugh, I can barely do three miles in thirty minutes! Embarrasing! Interesting where you found your parents car...also, I am also praying, it's so heart breaking when they are sick and you can't do anything more but pray.
Ughh!!! You are a crazy fast runner. I will never be that fast. I'm tired thinking about it!
I love(d) supermarket sweep! And shop till you drop. And press your luck - no whammies! Alright, I like dorky game shows! Sue me.
Love the stolen car story. Hehe. Are you REALLY sure it's my car??
And you rock for the running. I did 4km the other day and nearly died (though oddly enough I am loving it). So yes, you rock.
Holy 15 miles!! WOW! ROCK STAR!
AND WOW you found your parents car, that's gotta get some parent kudos for you. LOL! :) DOUBLE ROCK STAR!
That's crazy about the car! Glad they got it back!
That is pretty nuts that you found your dad's car in the church parking lot. You must live in a really small town, huh?
My neighbors truck was stolen out of their driveway last Friday night! They have not gotten it back. Several months ago, a co-workers car was stolen from the employee parking. Found it in the mall marking lot ~10 miles away and it was running. They took a radio, that was it.
Glad you managed to find your dads, that's great!
OMG! you found your dad's car but your dad didn't sound too excited, did he not want the car to be found?!! I hear ya about the snow, I used to live in Iowa and know how irritating that is especially when it's April! Also I'm praying for baby Stellan' always checking her post for more better news updates!
I can't believe you found the car...that's wild!
Wanna know how fast *I* can run a mile? Dunno. Haven't run one since it was required in PE back in HS. Me=Lazy.
I'm with ya on the no more snow thing. Totally over it. It is SO last year.
I can't quit thinking about Stellan and I don't even read her blog. Well, I didn't before but I do now.
Ditto on the MckMama thoughts.
Post a Comment