8.19.2009

Top Ten Thursday



Welcome to the very first edition of Top Ten Thursday!

Let us introduce ourselves! We are:

Jennifer from It’s A Beauty Filled Life

Sara from Domestically Challenged- Hi!

LZ from My Messy Paradise

Zeemaid from In The Mommy Trenches!

We thought it would be a great idea to bring some fun to Thursdays, so we’re co-hosting Top Ten Thursday! If you’d like to play and this is your first time visiting - or your first time playing - here’s what you do:

1. Grab our button, located in the sidebar to the right

2. Choose your Top Ten topic (or use ours!)

3. Write up your list and post it on your blog

4. Link up!

Easy peasy, right? Also, I have heard studies* that say that coming up with top ten lists increases brain power.

Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s play!

Here is mine the topic for this week. When you are not on blogger (yes, I have heard it happens) what top 10 websites can you find me on?

10. Facebook. While I was addicted at first to finding people? Now I just go there to play Bejeweled late at night until my wrist hurts and/or I can't keep my eyes open.

9. Local News- we don't have cable/TV channels (we use the TV to watch DVD's) so I rely on the local news sits to keep me up to date on weather/ect.

8. People- Admit it with me. We look at the celebrity sites. Yep. I mean, since we read blogs, we are obviously into reading about others lives!

7. NASA- Elijah is thinking he is going to be a big astronaut someday, so we spend time searching out the latest research and photos here.

6. Pinkisthenewblog- Trent makes me giggle.

5. John Deere- Asher likes to look at the tractors and talk about the ones he wants. Like NASA, it is some pretty fascinating stuff. Super fascinating. It is however better than John Deere Heaven Part 1 (picture flying green and yellow cows, an animal dressed as Elvis, spaceships...)

Anyone else notice there are no cooking websites listed yet? Don't hold your breath.

4. YouTube- do I need to explain why? Fine. We search for the items mentioned in #7 and #5

3. Overstock- always fun to see what they've got, isn't it?

2. Gmail- lifeline to others. I've heard it has a Google Reader too, but no idea how that all works.

finally?

1. Twitter! who doesn't love Twitter and that happy little bird? When not reading your blogs, it helps me to stay in contact w/ you all!
Now? I'm out. We are heading out of town for the weekend...6.5 hour car ride. Lovely.

* study conducted by me. I'm pretty scientifical.

28 comments:

More Than Words said...

LOL..if I'm not on this site, I'm on Facebook!

Anonymous said...

What...you mean there really are websites other than blogs? Really? :-)

Have a great trip! (Good luck with that car ride!)

Meg said...

I played along! :)

The button isn't in your sidebar, but I just copied the picture to my desktop and inserted it.

Have a safe trip.

erin said...

ooooooooooooohhhh.... scientifical. LOVE the word!

thank God i'm not the only one whose wrist hurts from playing too many games on facebook!

have a good trip girlie!

Debbie said...

Google eats up 95% of my online time! I do so love it.

Amy said...

This is really cute. I may have to give this a try at nap time today..

Have a great day...

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Hmmm...your list makes me a feel like I need to get a life outside of celebrity crap and socializing!

Anonymous said...

This seems like fun! When I'm not on Blogger I'm definitely on Twitter :)

Barbaloot said...

Ooh-I like this idea. I definitely want to participate sometime. I just wrote a post last night, and I usually like to space a few days between posts...so maybe next time! Good idea! And nice work on the research conducted:)

And, do you really not use the reader? I'm addicted to it. You can put in all the blogs you like to read, and then it notifies you when there's a new post...like email for blogs.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great top ten list. I totally agree about reading about the celebrities lives. I shouldn't admit it but I am always searching about Jon and Kate.
Trey is also in love with John Deere. I have learned so much about tractors just in the last three years. Trey loves the country song, Want to ride on my big green tractor.
I hope you have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

love to make lists, the only other place I'm at is facebook, I'm so addicted to it!!!!!I keep hearing how great twitter is but I'm scared to join and make that tiny step that might just make me addicted to it too!

Meeko Fabulous said...

You should check out Etsy.com! They have really neat stuff there!

King J's Queen said...

Google is my homepage. :-) Glad I'm not the only one who watches the news on the net. One of these days, I'll figure out what to do with twitter.

Hope ya'll have a great trip!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

i live and breathe facebook and FARM TOWN ....geez i am an addict!

Suzy said...

NASA abd John Deere---what great ideas! My 3 yr old son will love visiting tose sites.
I'm a newbie at Facebook (2 weeks and counting) and I am completely wrapped up in finding my peeps! Fun fun fun.

Enjoyed your list!

Have a super nice trip......

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I pretty much always have Facebook pulled up... checking it all day long. That and Twitter. I just can't stay away from Twitter its addicting.

Just this morning it was not working and I was feeling really disappointed that Twitter was going to stop working again and I was going to be lost without all my friendly updates!

honeypiehorse said...

Wow good idea!

E @ Scottsville said...

Let's see, my top ten would consist of....

Blogger, Blogger, Blogger, Blogger, Blogger, Blogger,
Blogger, Blogger, Blogger
& FaceBook.

ha ha ha

Great list, Sara!

{Kimber} said...

I'm with Erica...mine would be Blogger X 10 :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I agree with most of this list.

Especially People. I love that magazine.

Michelle said...

I am still in the addicted to Facebook phase but about 20 of my friends post daily or more often so it keeps it fun.

Fun list!

LucieP said...

aw this is fun! Hopefully next Thursday I can remember to do this!!!

I'm on facebook too...addicted...and twitter...and people...and google...it's dangerous but I'm OK with it. :)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I left you something over at my blog! :)

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

Dude-ette, you are going to force me to learn how to do that Mr. Linky thing aren't you?
Ebay
facebook
gmail
twitter
google reader
USAA.com
and then all the cool mama products I find on the blogs I follow. :)

Amy said...

I have something for you on my blog...

Liz Mays said...

My husband is addicted to Bejeweled also! Every time I walk past the computer, that's what he's doing!

I love celebrity talk too! LOVE it!

E @ Scottsville said...

So hey, you asked why Mathew was referred to as "Sunshine"... his teammates gave him that nickname when he was a freshman cuz his hairdo reminded them of a kid called SUNSHINE in a football movie they'd seen. The name stuck and now that's all anybody at school will call him. =0)

seriously? said...

6.5 hour car ride? With kids and hubby? Oh geez...I hope you brought along music, movies, dvd player, gum (not sure why but, this really helps), snacks, drinks, band aids, I could go on and on...

Enjoy your trip.