but be counting down the days until the end of the year. {let it end, let it END!}
...To not like to watch movies all that much,
but giggle nonstop at the Penguins of Madagascar and Julienne.
...and have watched Kung Fu Panda numerous times.
...To lay in the grass and look at the sky. While your husband trims the lawn.
...To eat 2 donuts in a day. After all? It was FRIDAY, and TRACK and FIELD day.
...To nod your head when your husband is talking, then be offended if he does the same.
...To have eaten peanut butter out of the jar after your (last!) 20 mile training run.
...To be slightly panicky about having a student who is HIGHLY allergic to peanuts in your HOMEROOM next year.
...To be slightly ~*giddy!~ about being rehired AND tenured- in the same board meeting!

48 comments:
Only two donuts? Lightweight. ;)
The highly allergic to peanuts thing freaks me out. Peanuts are in so much.
Congrats on being tenured!!!
I agree. All of that is okay in my book!!!
yay!!!!! on being tenured. what a relief!!
you can't just have one donut. they come in pairs. everybody knows that... ;)
I didn't know teachers got tenure - that's great news, congratulations!
Oooo that would be a violation...have the kid transfered to another teacher. LOL!
Absaolutely!!!!!!! Everything you said!!!!!!! Annnnd, I too love peanut butter from the jar!!!!!! yum!
What a great idea for a post! Congrats on getting tenured!
15 days & counting...and I'm not even a teacher :OP
Love the Whispering Writer...SHE ROCKS!
Bring on the peanut butter..
Let the count down begin also..
Good luck it will be here soon.
Oh, good luck with the peanut kid. There is a little girl at my daughter's school who is highly allergic. So much so, that entire side of the school is prohibited from having peanut/tree nut products in their lunches and snacks.
You are right, its all ok. :)
Did you know you were being tenured? I don't know how all that works. Was it a surprise? I'm excited for you :):)
I didn't realize you got tenured too! That's great!
And the peanut kid? That's got to suck with your peanut butter addiction. Be careful and good luck with that!
Wow congrats on the tenure! And a student with peanut allergies? How could they possibly put that student in YOUR room?!
Animated kids movies are the real reason I had kids.
Cute post! I love kiddie movies. I'm not ashamed to say it!
Right on about the "nod your head to the husband" part. Only wives are allowed that privilege right?! :) And CONGRATS on the rehire and tenure!!!
Hooray for tenure! That's great news - big congrats.
Great blog, girl! I am loving how you call yourself a spaz. Love being a spaz! And I wouldn't be worried about the 2 donuts, I was baking ice cream cupcakes all weekend and did myself in much worse! xxSAS
All I read was peanut butter and doughnuts...can't get past those two things now.
Congratulations to you on being rehired and tenured!!! That is awesome!!!
lol I love laying in the grass:) I've never tried it while hubs mowed but now I want to!!! Kung Fu Panda is awesome. Its funny, I don't know if I told you but I'm currently in acupuncture school and my sister was like - you have to be careful! you can stop someone's heart with the needles! and I was like wha?? (cause you can't, well you might be able to but its really hard to do) and she said she learned it from Kung Fu Panda:)
HAHAHA!!! I am not sure Whispering Writer whispers either!! She's a hoot.
You lay in the grass while your husband mows. Perfectly OK. Yes. As long as he doesn't run over a foot or something!
That poor, poor child. Allergic to peanuts? That's like being allergic to chocolate. It's an abomination.
Peanut allergies are so scary. My cousin's daughter is so allergic that she couldn't even fly in an airplane because just being in that canned air where there were peanuts being served caused a reaction.
I don't have food allergies, but I pretend like I do to get out of eating certain things like seafood or mushrooms. It's just easier to say I'm allergic than to explain that yes, I'm still a picky eater even as an adult.
gasp!!!! allergic to peanuts
*shudder*
Right there with you on the movie thing...I am not a movie watcher at all!
My husband never listens to anything I say...I should really just start saving my breath. Maybe that's his intention with the head nod!
that is all more than okay!
Mmm...peanut butter...
And no, I don't whisper. My husband says I'm actually quite loud.
But I do whisper when I first meet someone. I'm pretty shy.
Congrats on the tenure. Peanut allergies freak me out.
Oh yeah! This sounds like a great day!
Oh and PS...next time put the peanut butter on top of the doughnut! The calories knock each other out:)
Rehired AND tenured?! AND two donuts??? AND a 20 mi run??
Sara, girl. You deserve 12 donuts and a HUGE party - Congraulations!! That is all amazing and wonderful and you deserve it. I'm so happy to hear this news!
i thinks it's all okay too. actually pretty great!! next time i could eat a donut or seven with you. :0)
Congrats on your rehire!!!
Laying in the grass! love it!
Big hugs!
B xx
Congratulations from a lurker on getting your job back and making tenure. I'm thrilled for you. Hope you have a good summer.
That is impressive, rehired and tenured in the same meeting; kudos to you! That is fantastic.
Rehired and tenured, both? Awesome!!!!
Kung FU Panda is one of my faves. As is Shrek and Toy Story. What does that say about my maturity level?
Congrats on the tenure!
I am so happy for you! Being tenured is a big thing!
I am so happy about the rehire and tenured, what a relief. I am with you about the fresh cut lawn. I almost think Yankee needs to make a fresh cut lawn candle, how that would help out the winter days.
Hope you have a great day and keep counting down!
I'm all about letting the hubs do the work when it comes to the lawn...and YAY for you!
I *love* the Penguins. And I may watch them even when the girls aren't around...
Congratulations on your re-hiring and tenuring, yay!
Do you and the boys have any big plans for the summer?
I will not admit to a 2 donut day..oh wait. Congrats on getting your job back and tenured at the same time That is awesome!!!
How could you not be excited school is ending? I am so jealous... I would love to have a break this summer!!
Only 2 donuts...how do you have the willpower to just stop at 2?!
I'm totally with you on the head nodding thing. I always yell at Tim, "Why can't you at least say 'uh-huh' so I know you hear me?"
I love the Penguins and "Panda", as my little guy refers to the movie. I've also memorized every word of Cars and Ice Age!
20 mile run? Eat 2 jars of PB if you'd like AND enjoy a few extra doughnuts while you're at it. :)
Post a Comment