5.23.2010

Monday Minute

This week on Monday Minute with Ian at Daily Dose of Reality, a chord was struck with me. He has dedicated this week to Daffy, who lost her sister last week. As someone who last lost a sibling, my heart goes out to you Daffy-
1 - Do you *snort*? Nope, no snorting here. Actually, I have this odd half silent/half sound laugh. I LOOK like I am laughing, but no sound comes out.

2 - Our friend, has a nickname and it's Daffy. What's your nickname? Betty Lou, Marie, Spaz, some people just call me by my last name.

3 - Do you know sign language? No, except for my name. I know that. But? I know The Look. I find that crosses all barriers.

4 - What's a sample convo from your hood? I am almost embarrassed to say this. We live in Minnesota- and although we may not be as bad as they say in Fargo (which I've never seen) we do have some good ones. Ever hear someone say, "Ya, ya betcha" or "Okie Dokie" or "Uff da"? Yes, I have.
and Ta. Yes, Ta, as in
"I have ta stop at the store today."

5- Do you sleep with electronic devices - i.e. laptop, Blackberry, iPhone, etc?
Yes, but only because they need me too.
post signature

31 comments:

King J's Queen said...

Okie dokie...we say that around these here parts, too.

Hubby sleeps with his electronic leashes. Me, not so much.

The LOOK works for all parents in all languages. LOL!

Trish said...

I refuse to tell anyone the nickmane my mother gave...but you know that worst part? I answer to it...everytime!

Anonymous said...

Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou Betty Lou,,,

Okie dokie... you sure thats not betty boop?

*winks*


ta ta for now...

The Good Cook said...

I am originally from Pennsylvania where we pretty much have our own version of the English language.

Haf ta - have to (I haf ta go to the store)
yous - plural for you (where are yous going?)
okie dokie - okay
gwon - go (gwon down the steps)
once - gwon down the road once now (drive down the road now)
outten - turn it off (outten the light)

To name a few. I love regional venacular!

Foursons said...

I say, "We're fixin' to go." :)

The Mother said...

I actually do speak a little sign language, since that's how two of my kids communicated for the first three years of their lives.

But I don't snort. Much. Except at idiots. Which seems to happen a lot.

Together We Save said...

Oh I am from the south... we have so much slang it it is crazy!!

Oh and you asked me about Redplum over at my site. They are coupon site and you can use those coupons at most stores.

Unknown said...

jeet jet -- did ya eat yet?

i say okie dokey
and
haffta...i haffta go to the store.

love these type of things =)

using my gift card today!!

Betty Manousos said...

Witty answers! Do you know, BA DONKA DONK ??
Hope you have a great week ahead, Sara!
B xx

Kristina P. said...

I don't understand this whole sleeping with electronics. I guess everyone has fetishes.

Nicole said...

lol that is AWESOME that you say ya ya betcha! I saw that in a great movie with Renee Zelwiger called New in Town, it was an awesome movie! I'd love to live in a town where people say ya ya betcha:) I sometimes say okie dokie at work! my sister says "alrighty":)

Kmama said...

What is it with our mothers calling us by names they didn't name us? LOL

Amy said...

how nice of you to join in.. Great answers..

I know beagles will take off on you when they get a scent they are gone. Pretty wild I know.. I can't wait to see what she brings us..

{Kimber} said...

I bet that laugh is hilarious...just thinking about it makes me snort :)

Tracie said...

Oh, my mom still has the look. Sometimes she combines it with an evil finger snap, too. *shudders*

Emma said...

I say okie dokie all the time!!! I also sleep with my Blackberry although I'm nor sure if that makes me a bit of a geek or not ;-)

LucieP said...

this is soooo funny

Chandra said...

FARGO! One of my fav moves of all time...ya, ya betch ya..I can see Francis McD right now all bundled up in her winter coat..love it!

More Than Words said...

LOL, I've never heard anyone say "ta stop" before!!

Kaci said...

LOL! I love the last one...yes but only because they need me too!!! LOL! Awhhh yes...I think we were seperated at birth. =)

Shell said...

LOL @ "ta"

My bb would be lonely without me.

Liz Mays said...

I love that your electronica needs you so much! That's tender.

Helene said...

OMG, your last line about the electronic devices made me spit water out of my mouth!!!!! Hysterical!

Anonymous said...

I sleep with my phone always.
Love your blog!
Katherine

Anonymous said...

I sleep with my phone always.
Love your blog!
Katherine

Vanessa said...

Wow, you are now like the 6th or 7th blog I read that I have found out is from Minnesota! Minnesota has good people! :-D

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I would love to hear somebody say those things in real life! My best friend is from Minnesota, but moved here young, so maybe it skipped her.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I only sleep with my cell phone when my hubby's at work. You know, just in case someone breaks into my house and cuts the phone line, I need to call 911 somehow. :) I'm a freak.

Kameron said...

It's funny that when you read someone's blog, you never htink of the accent they might have! I say we all do a vlog post on the same day so we can see what everyone sounds like! :o)

Miller Racing Family said...

Love the post. My brother gave me the nickname Blimp when I was in the 8th grade and it has stuck. Let's just say it is a great diet program. Now that I have kids he calls me Mommy Blimpie.
Hope you have a great week and I have said a little prayer for you this week.

jayayceeblog said...

I always say honkin' as in I'd like a big honkin' cinnamon roll or something. Drives Hubby nuts. Loved all your answers!