6.20.2010

Yesterday we went to Valleyfair (our 'version' of a Six Flags) for Father's Day...and it was the perfect day for it. Bright, sunny, hot enough to make me glow and warm!



Asher made sure we were heading in the right direction at all times. Naturally, that would be his direction.














Does Corey not look every inch the daddy here? Flip camera out, backpack full of waters, treats, toys, sunscreen, wipes...
Elijah uses this face whenever we ask him to smile for a picture!
...and a typical Asher picture, where he won't look at the camera, so you get a side shot of his face.
Bumper cars with grandpa...(only managed to get the back of Corey and Elijah's heads)
Elijah was way to old to ride on baby rides with his brother, but he endured...for ice cream for us.

(and maybe enjoyed it a bit!)

{Sweating on a bench, digesting a funnel cake.}
Corey kept taking random shots of me all day...very unsettling.
Our boys were amazingly well behaved and had a fantastic day! Hope everyone else had a great Father's Day!

post signature

43 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you had a fun day! Love the pictures!

Vanessa said...

So fun! I love days like that!

Kristina P. said...

We have a place like that too. Always a good time!

More Than Words said...

What a fun day for everyone!!!!! And you look totally cute!

Liz Mays said...

What a great day!!! I love how you spent it, and yes, the hubs looks every inch a daddy!

Tara said...

Better be glad somebody takes a picture of you without you having to beg and feel ridiculous because you are asking. You are probably in less than 5% of the female population on this one. Glad y'all had a good time.

jayayceeblog said...

What a wonderful day of memory making! Looks like a great time. I'm not even sure how many years it's been since I was at an amusement park. How nice that your Hubby takes pics of you. In most of ours, I am the one behind the camera. Our weekend was spent eating, drinking pina coladas and laying by the pool. http://jayayceeblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/pina-colada-kind-of-weekend.html

The Stiffs said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that place is still standing! So many memories at that place!

Kmama said...

What a fun thing to do for father's day! Looks like you all had fun!

Cool Gal said...

Since my son went to Valleyfair on Saturday, we decided to go to Canterbury yesterday! Both of us were in "Shako" at the same time. How funny! We'd never been to the racetrack. It was actually really fun.
We won a little, not a lot, but at least we didn't leave losers! LOL

It looks like you had a nice time. The funnel cake picture is hilarious. That's exactly how one feels after ingesting such treat. The "tourist" photo of the mister is pretty great, too. You had the perfect "Valleyfair" day. :)

BTW...Do you go on any of the big rides? Wild Thing? Me. Never. I'm deathly afraid of heights and a big chicken.

Unknown said...

what a fun daddy day!!

you look great =)

Amy said...

what a fun day for sure... I am glad you had a wonderful time.. Cute top..

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous! The boys and dad look adorable, happy, and engaged, too. Great father's day.

Btw, daddy at our house spent the day sleeping, or trying to sleep, after night shift Sat. night. Our daughter kept trying to wake him; she couldn't wait to eat the cake.

Kelli said...

Looks like fun! And for the record, you look great. Can I have your hair? No. OK, had to ask.

Jenn said...

Well, no wonder Corey spent the day taking pictures of you--you look frickin' amazing. :) I love the top!

Trish said...

How fun! We are huge roller coaster fans in this family...LOVE THEM!
You look great by the way...sweaty arm pits & all :O)

Debbie said...

Those are great photos. Looks like you all had a blast.

Sarah MP said...

Very cute! Happy Father's Day to you guys too!
Sarah
*need 9 more followers for a giveaway* http://justrollingwithit09.blogspot.com/

susan said...

it looks like you had a great time!!!

we went camping...i'll blog about it later.

Furry Bottoms said...

We don't have a single amusement park like that up here unless you count Seattle Center, which I don't. It's about 5 old mechanical rides from the 50's and thats it. You do look like you had a great day! :)

Love the face Elijah uses!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fabulous Fathers Day!

Meeko Fabulous said...

I love funnel cake!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Betty Manousos said...

What amazing pictures!
Looks like you had a great dad's day!
Glad for you all!
~B xx

Barbaloot said...

Looks so fun! Wish I looked as good as you when I'm sweating on a bench digesting food:)

Mama4Real said...

Guess he thinks your hot ;)

Kameron said...

I will be stoked when the kids are big enough to enjoy theme parks!! It looks like you had a great day. Your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

He kept taking pictures of you because you're ADORABLE!

NIKOL said...

How I adore funnel cake!

Miller Racing Family said...

Happy Father's Day Corey, looks like you all had a blast.
I have to ask about the flip camera. We have a regular video camera that we use for the races but of course it is always messing up. So we were thinking of getting a flip camera. What is your experience with them, do they zoom very well.
Thanks for the help, have a great day!

Crystal Escobar said...

oh how fun!!!!
Looks nice and HOT :)
I loved that, "sweating on the bench" part, haha.
You look so cute in all your pics by the way :)

Emma said...

Looks like you had a great time. Lovely pics xx

Lindsay said...

What a fun way to spend Father's Day! I love your husbands "Dad pack". I need to get my hubby in on the essentials bag carrying duty too!

Holly said...

Oh! Looks like the perfect way to spend Father's Day.

I, too, get loads of pictures of the side or back of my preschooler's head. What is up with that?

KK said...

Sounds like a great Father's day!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like a wonderful Father's day.

Anonymous said...

one sexy lady having fun in the park with the family...

perfect....

Ruth said...

What a fun way to spend Father's Day!! Looks like a great day!

Nicole said...

Awww Happy Fathers day to your hubs!!! Great photos, your little boys are gorgeous and you look fabulous!

Meg said...

It looks like you had such a fabulous weekend. It definitely looks hot, but I am glad you guys were able to enjoy father's day all together. :)

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

The Urban Cowboy said...

Looks like a very fun and cool way to enjoy the family on Fathers Day!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

That looks like you had a totally awesome day!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Ok...so I know the whole "ask me anything" is done, but I have a serious couple of questions:
1st - Where is this adorable top from?
2nd - From a Momma who would LOVE to shop more, but seriously just doesn't have the chance, where are your fav places...fav times...fav malls and fav brands? just curious...I'm rather choosy when I can be and wondered if you were too!