7.08.2010

Sanity is Overrated

Which? Is why I have agreed to my husband's plan to take
1 car
with
2 children
4 pillows
4 blankets
2 backpacks
2 car seats
infinite snacks and fighting

for
14 days in Colorado and beyond. We will spend the majority of the time in Colorado, but may also hit California if there is time/desire.
I will have the iPad with, but not sure about the service, so after tomorrow evening? Please excuse my lack of commenting on your blogs for a bit! Just, you know, pray for my sanity?!

post signature

48 comments:

Kmama said...

Have FUN! I mean, as much fun as you can driving across the country with two small children. ;-)

Shell said...

I hope that ends up being more fun than it sounds like....

Jen said...

Good luck and try to have fun. :)

Lindsay said...

Ohh I convinced my husband last year to take our 18 month old 18+ hours over 2 days in the car to go to....

KANSAS. Bahahahahaha.

You can do it! Have fun, stay sane, hope you get iPad service!

Kristina P. said...

I hope someone pukes up on someone. That would be awesome.

Ace said...

Have fun!

Tiffany Tweedie said...

Good Luck!

My kids were/are actually great travelers. People always tell horror stories. But honestly if you have snacks and some simple entertainment, you'll be set. Oh, and bring some for the kids too! ;)

Have a great vacation! Take lots of pics!!!

seriously? said...

Have a great time and just plug in your ear buds if necessary. Just remember all the great memories you are making for your kids. I mean, it comes at the small price of your sanity but, whatever. :)

seriously? said...

Have a great time and just plug in your ear buds if necessary. Just remember all the great memories you are making for your kids. I mean, it comes at the small price of your sanity but, whatever. :)

Teachinfourth said...

Hope you survive it…I recommend duct tape; it really does quiet down the car.

Anonymous said...

think of all the fresh air.....

the great outdoors... *sighs*

Cheeseboy said...

Good luck with that. At least you'll have your iPad to help keep your iSanity.

You'll probably drive through Utah at some point. Be sure to roll down your window and yell "Hi Cheeseboy!" I'll know it is you.

Vanessa said...

It'll be an adventure! I'm telling you that because we're about to take a 19-21 hour road trip in a few weeks, so that's what I have to tell myself! :-) HAVE FUN!

Holly said...

That road trip sounds awesome! Or maybe I'm just jealous of your iPad. :)

honeypiehorse said...

Sounds great!

Sarah said...

Yikes, sounds like quite an adventure! Have fun :)

Kaci said...

I'll miss you!! HAVE FUN!

Erin said...

Have fun!!! (and good luck:)

Kelli said...

That sounds like an adventure! Good luck!

Tara said...

Sounds fun but yes, insane! Good luck, safe travels and can't wait to hear the stories from this one...

Guacaholic said...

Griswold family vacation! Yesssssss.

Things that I enjoyed in CO:
Denver Museum of Natural History
Beau Jo's Pizza in Idaho Springs
The "San Juan Skyway" (road that runs through the mountains by Durango/Telluride)
Durango/Silverton Railroad (this seems up Asher's alley)
Leadville
Rocky Mtn Natl Park

(My list is all well-known tourist stuff, but fun anyway. Especially the museum.)

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Oh fun! Have a great vacation!

The Mother said...

Advice from the been-there-done-that column:

Individual head phones

A gaming system that runs on the car's 12 volt jack

A cooler with juice packs and snacks

Mandatory quiet time

and:

DUCT TAPE.

Rita Templeton said...

It could be fun. Just take along a taser. ;)

King J's Queen said...

That is my kind of a vacation. Woohoo! Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy the scenery. Please try to keep the boys from disassembling the car and rebuilding it as a hovercraft.

Barbaloot said...

Have fun...or at the very least, try not to go insane.

Meg said...

Wow, your sanity is definitely in my prayers. I hope you guys have a great time because I think it can be great if you give it a chance. :) Enjoy Colorado, I love it.

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck and have fun.

Sara said...

WOW.... Good Luck!! Also, I *think* you may have forgotten ear plugs......

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a good time.

Emma said...

Sounds amazing! I hope that you have an awesome time and return with at least some sanity x

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I am praying! I know you guys are going to have a fab time!

Stephanie said...

Fingers are crossed! Best of luck:)

Tracie said...

We did the huge road trip to CO last year. Have fun!

Jamie said...

Have FUN!!!

More Than Words said...

You are brave, my dear!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about the fun!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, have fun, be SAFE!

Pres. Kathy said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time!

Jersey Girl in Louisiana said...

sometime spontaneity is fun! just bring advil.. loooots of it.

Liz Mays said...

I think it's going to end up being terrific!

Helene said...

I hope you end up having a fantastic time...and, if nothing else, I'm sure it'll make for some very funny and interesting blog posts when you get back home!

{Kimber} said...

hope y'all are having a blast!!!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip!!!!!!!!

Miller Racing Family said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see photos and hear all about your adventures!

Roxy said...

safe travels!! You are crazy...hope your at least having fun!
CELEBRATE everyday is a victory...sounds like you are winning the race of life...one step at a time!

Alexandra said...

You are going to have so much dang fun. I can feel it...

KK said...

Hope you are surviving.