It's kind of overwhelming to realize just how much kids don't listen. I could talk my nephew's ear off and he still won't remember that we don't throw balls in the house!
Ah yes, time to turn on the heat again. And for constant battles between husbands and wives over how high to set the thermostat (at least that's what went down in my house last night)!
I think kids (and husbands) enter robot mode as soon as they hear our voice turn directional. I swear it. They answer out of habit, and don't actually absorb the information.
LOL at the students. Sometimes Buddy will just stand there, looking at us, while we try and tell him to do something. I told hubby that I feel bad for his teacher.
I had a 16 year-old white girl use the "N" word in our group last night, and she was shocked when I told her that was completely inappropriate. Sigh, only in Utah.
I always loved the ones who asked what they were suppose to do right after I explained and modeled every single step of an activity/assignment. Which, of course, was always after I said, "Does anyone have any questions? Do you know what you are suppose to do?"
Huh? What? Where have you been?
Ah, the beauty of working with little kids. There's one in every crowd.
My cat is so freakin annoying as well. She wants in the house then she wants out of the house then she wants to come back in the house and then back out again. Drives me up the wall!!!!!
lol I love planners! ooo you could do like a crafty project with them maybe where you make planners and then maybe they'll get the hint and get all excited about writing in them and following them! :)
Maybe your students just need to eat some more Smarties.
Your cat meowing constantly is one thing, but when it's the fat neighbor's cat who steals your own cat's food and then wants to harass you for more -- *that's* super annoying.
Love those Post Its! So fun :) Stopping by after being a bad, bad resident of Blogville. No excuse other than I've been very busy. BUT I am trying to be better about making the rounds. Visit mine when you get a chance! Susan (secretsofasuburbansoccermom.blogspot.com)
41 comments:
It's kind of overwhelming to realize just how much kids don't listen. I could talk my nephew's ear off and he still won't remember that we don't throw balls in the house!
Ah yes, time to turn on the heat again. And for constant battles between husbands and wives over how high to set the thermostat (at least that's what went down in my house last night)!
Lovely, wonderful students and their "huh's?". :) I think more smarties will help.
I think kids (and husbands) enter robot mode as soon as they hear our voice turn directional. I swear it. They answer out of habit, and don't actually absorb the information.
LOL at the students. Sometimes Buddy will just stand there, looking at us, while we try and tell him to do something. I told hubby that I feel bad for his teacher.
I had a 16 year-old white girl use the "N" word in our group last night, and she was shocked when I told her that was completely inappropriate. Sigh, only in Utah.
Oh my... the things teachers go through.
Oh my... the things teachers go through.
Oh my... the things teachers go through.
Oh so I chick 3 times :-) sorry!!
Our cat is like that too. Maybe he knows if he meows, he gets food.
utmost props to you...I COULD NOT be a teacher!!!!
utmost props to you...I COULD NOT be a teacher!!!!
What? they were supposed to DO that assignment? What?
LOL The joys of teaching.
What do you mean homework? I don't remember you saying there was homework.
well with me you never have to turn the heater on.... my body temp never drops below 100...
*winks*
I love the post it note posts.
My kids tell me smarties will make them smarter ;-)
Love hearing your stories of 4th graders. Sounds just like my 4th and 5th grader.
I do that with Sour Patch Kids and my mouth pays the price!
If only you were a video game - they would have heard you!
I don't know how teachers do it. My son can't even tell me what his homework is with his planner sitting right in front of him.
My kids do the same thing, and I even write it down for them!! I swear they leave their brains in their beds.
So Smarties were no better than all that fiber? Same result?
I could never be a teacher or not a good one.
Now that I am on the parent side it's tough man, lol. I can't even remember what the theme is for show and tell each week.
I always loved the ones who asked what they were suppose to do right after I explained and modeled every single step of an activity/assignment. Which, of course, was always after I said, "Does anyone have any questions? Do you know what you are suppose to do?"
Huh? What? Where have you been?
Ah, the beauty of working with little kids. There's one in every crowd.
This Post-It note idea is cute. Like it! :)
My cat is so freakin annoying as well. She wants in the house then she wants out of the house then she wants to come back in the house and then back out again. Drives me up the wall!!!!!
Teachers make the world go round :)
Love your PINT posts... and thank you for all your kind comments.
Sounds like normal students to me. Ugh!:) Hope your week gets better!
LOL, now I can totally relate to your teacher vents!! My kids have planners that the school gives them, and I absolutely love it! No excuses!! LOL
lol I love planners! ooo you could do like a crafty project with them maybe where you make planners and then maybe they'll get the hint and get all excited about writing in them and following them! :)
When I was teaching, homework assignments were like punishment . . .for me!
love it!!!!
Hope your schnozz is chillin ;)
I may need a conf with you for advice about my 4th grader!
sounds like a great fun week to me. What about those students.. UH..
Have a great day. Thanks for you kind thoughts. I am finally feeling much better. How are you doing?
My son comes home to tell me he has a test the next day. But he forgot all his papers to study and doesn't remember what the test is covering.
I love my child....I love my child...Rinse and repeat.
Maybe your students just need to eat some more Smarties.
Your cat meowing constantly is one thing, but when it's the fat neighbor's cat who steals your own cat's food and then wants to harass you for more -- *that's* super annoying.
:)
Love those Post Its! So fun :) Stopping by after being a bad, bad resident of Blogville. No excuse other than I've been very busy. BUT I am trying to be better about making the rounds. Visit mine when you get a chance! Susan (secretsofasuburbansoccermom.blogspot.com)
I can't even imagine what you go through as a teacher.
Is it really chilly there? Please, send some my way! It's 90 degrees today in PA!!!
OMG, I actually still have my air conditioner on.
And don't feed the cat, you are teaching them to just meow more
Loved this post, Sara!
You're awesome!
"Just stop the non-stop meowing.." Priceless! And the last one as well.
Conclusion: You are the best teacher ever!
B xx
My dog won't eat her dinner, but keeps begging for more...who knows!
Post a Comment