9.13.2010

Preschool 101

We made it. Yes, the first day of preschool is over. Yes, I made it. Don't worry about him. He's fine. All happy and "Oh I am a preschooler now." Me? Mess.

Here he is, all ready to go. (You can see I used my supreme photo editing skills to draw on here.)

Exhibit A: Hair. Corey brought him on his first day. Did he remember to brush his hair? It appears not.

Exhibit B: John Deere Backpack...surprised anyone? Didn't think so!

Exhibit C: John Deere shirt. Again, surprised anyone? (He owns 21 of them)

Exhibit D: See those hands? Those innocent hands? Well, when I went to take his hand and walk him down the hall? He said, "No mom, I don't need to hold your hand. I am a preschooler now, and we don't need to hold hands." Seriously. No, seriously, is he *trying* to kill me?

Exhibit E: New superfast running shoes. He says he can run from all the girls in these. (but never mommy)


Then? He posed for pics


Washed his hands
Sat on the big rug...



...and we left him. All by himself. (fine, there were 6 adults and about 15 other kids.)
post signature

43 comments:

Farah Jasmine said...

Oh I still have problems taking my son to preschool. It breaks my heart each time and I'm slightly jealous when he runs in so happily. Then it's all better when I pick him up and he yells, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

Looks like day one was a success!

Laura Marchant said...

They grow up too fast.

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure he'll be the star of the class!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, sister! Owen has never looked back after starting preschool 3 weeks ago. Suddenly he became very independent. I'm not sure I'm okay with that. Sure, he can go to the bathroom by himself and doesn't need me. That's great. But can I at least get a hug when I drop him off at preschool???
Your little boy is adorable, even if he does have bedhead!

Anonymous said...

Awww so cute...???...Dont worry He'll hold your hand again...!!

Sarah said...

The John Deere obsession is so cute! He has quite the newfound sense of independence, eh?

alison said...

lol....nothin' wrong with some john deere! hannah AND chandler have quite the collection :) i was a total train wreck on hkay's first day of preschool (and kindergarten) and she just looked at me all, "what the heck is YOUR issue??". seriously...would it have KILLED her to squirt one stinkin' tear for me????

Tina said...

Oh he is so cute! I'm probably gonna be a mess when my daughter goes to school. I'm not too far behind you!

Kaci said...

Awhhhhhh that makes me cry! You always hold hands!! CRY!

Kmama said...

Aww. What a big, cute boy!! I love how it's no big deal to most of the kids and it's us parents that have the hard time.

Jen said...

He didn't want to hold your hand? What is up with that?

Jenn said...

We took Wiggle Man for his first day last week, and I was thankful for my big sunglasses to hide my teary eyes. Oddly enough, I seemed to be the only mommy there hiding tears...unless everyone else had big sunglasses on for a reason, too. ;)

The Mother said...

What? You didn't hug him fifteen times and tell him you loved him 15 times and tell him you will miss him?

What kind of mommy are you? Oh, right. The reasonable kind.

Amy said...

I have to go down this route in Nov. my baby turns three in Oct. and they will not let her go until she is three. Oh I think I will cry.

I hope she holds my hand. Congrats to all of you.

Barbaloot said...

What a cool kid. Minus the not holding hand part. Sounds like every mother has to go through that at some point, right?

Stephanie said...

Why do they try and break our hearts like that? :) Glad he did so well and you survived!

Trish said...

Glad you took it like a champ!

He is just adorable in his JD shirt...I mean handsome...sorry!

Crystal Escobar said...

haha, I love his little comment about being a preschooler, and about being able to run so fast that he's able to run from all the girls that will be chasing him :) So cute!

Chandra said...

This will only help YOU on the first day of Kindergarten!

When did our little guys get to be such BiG guys??? **sniffle sniffle**

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Nooooooo, poor mama. I feel like that day is going to be here for me WAY too soon!

Loukia said...

He wouldn't hold your hand!!!!!!!! HEART BREAKING!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. It's so emotional for us, isn't it? :(

Nicole said...

awwwww!!!! you have such a cutie! He sounds like he is going to have a great time in school:) I bet he will come home and give you a great big hug!!

Heather said...

So glad you survived! Your little man sure is a cutie! :)

Meghan said...

Oh, I am dying! That hand-holding line is too too much! Congrats on surviving!

Michelle Pixie said...

How cute is he?! I love the mepillow {and yes that is my version of french!} hair and the hand holding about killed me with laughter. So Cute!!

Brian Miller said...

tell him to run fast...smiles. good job letting him go. my youngest went to kgarten for the first time this year...heartbreaking to put him on the bus...

Together We Save said...

Oh look what a big boy he is... they grow up so fast.

King J's Queen said...

They grow so fast! Looks like he was all set for a perfect first day. I just hope you had waterproof mascara.

Cool Gal said...

Love his new "super fast" running shoes. Even more, love what he will do in them! LOL! Of course, the shirt cracks me up, too.

They grow-up very fast. :(

Betty Manousos said...

Love love love these photos.
OMG!! How cute is he?!!!!
And congrats on surviving!

Big hugs,

B xx

Mrs. M said...

Hang in there mom, I'm sure it gets easier to let our kids go.....right? :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on your preschooler. I had to ask for a hug before I left or mine would have just left.

Michelle said...

He is so cute!

No holding hands with mom in preschool? He really is trying to kill you.

I've been waiting for my 5th grader to tell me to stop kissing him good-bye in public but amazingly he hasn't yet. I know it is coming!

Stephanie Faris said...

You made it! And soon you'll be glad for the time to get stuff done while he's in school.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you made it through the day...it's tough! I hope he has a great year!

amanda said...

i saw the pictures on facebook. LOVE the john deere stuff. our little boy will be the same way. :) he keeps walking around in his sister's tinkerbell hats, and my hubby says how he needs to buy him a 'green' hat! (boys and their tractors...)

Tara said...

We're going to start Andrew in January, I think (just before his 3rd birthday). I hadn't really thought about it as anything other than him learning and me catching a break! The closer it gets, the more torn up I'll be. Glad he had a great first day rockin' the JD shirt!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Aww, he's really cute.

Natalie likes preschool too.

ZenMom said...

What a cutie!

First days have always been hard for me. I think 1st grade was the worst...it was the year they started leaving me all day.

Amy said...

Happy Thursday night..

Amy said...

Have a wonderful weekend..

Sarah MP said...

I hear ya mama! Olivia started 4K a few weeks ago and she didn't even want to give me a kiss goodbye. I busted out into tears and she looked at me like I was crazy. : (

Papa K said...

Looks like he's looking at you in that one pic saying, "Mom... seriously... why are you taking all these pictures of me?"