Yes, THIS wall. This empty wall.
I really need to do something with it. Maybe a clock? A picture? Something? I decided this week it had to be taken care of. So, I spent hours online looking for ideas. Drug the boys to different stores, looking for the right picture, frame, anything to fill this wall.
I saw a mirror I liked, but thought, "It might be kind of wierd to have a mirror in a kitchen area. I mean, who wants to WATCH themselves do something terrible, like cook? And? I'd totally catch myself sneaking cake batter. That would be embarrassing." So, no mirror.
Then, I thought: A clock! However, with a clock, I am a bit picky, and all the clocks in the room have to be at the exact same time- not even 4.2 seconds off. When the electricity goes out, I have to set the clocks at the same time, so there is no lapse between their switching. And although this clock would be analog? The battery would wear down (possibly) and throw it all off.
A cool picture? I had an idea to have corey take pictures of all of us doing fun things in the kitchen (baking, grilling, etc) blow them up, get funky frames, and hang them there. Well, that was 2 years ago...he is still workin' on it. men.
Well, since the kids and I will be long gone before he gets to that and I am STILL
I thought of making my own art thinga for the wall. Then I remembered I have no crafting talent.
Ready for the big reveal? Look up to the pic above, cause it still looks the same.
I am, however, ordering this:
Maybe! Maybe I could cut around the pic, pick out some pattern thing, and sew an apron that matches the kitchen and BOOM! It can hang in the kitchen somewhere.
(ignoring the fact I don't even own thread, a needle, or have any idea how to sew.)
I need ideas, people, ideas! Easy...simple...funky...fun ideas! Or my wall will be blank forever.
27 comments:
What about picking up something at IKEA? They have plenty of wall art available to purchase. Or, maybe you could put up your kids' artwork. :)
We have a cool clock on our kitchen wall. I say go for it!
@Richelle, IKEA was a thought. However, the carts there drive me insane, AND it is right next to the mall of america. I can hardly go to IKEA without hitting my Mothership, can I? Then? I want everything at MOA, get whiny when I can't have it, and pout. see? This is why my wall is blank.
My kids pictures? I should...except Elijah only draws Super Mario Bros pics, and asher does tractors. And? When I ask them to draw them on nice paper? They have no interest!
I totally LOVE the idea of the various pics of you all doing things in the kitchen as a family!
But since you may have to wait forever and a day for that (men...I know!), how about one of those clear stencil thingies with a favorite quote?? You don't need any artistic talent...just order it and apply it to the wall!
Oh wait, here's another idea...how about taking some of your favorite artwork that the boys have done over the years and frame them??
I love your ideas... and I am totally voting for that quote somewhere on your wall! Or get your kids to write it and illustrate it!
I agree with Helene and Rachel-wall quotes are super cool right now. And actually, there are some places that will create a quote for you custom, so if you wanted the wall to say 'If it fits in a toaster, I can cook it' in a fancy script, I bet you can!
i found a big fork and spoon wall art piece in pier 1. i didn't buy it so they probably still have one ;) i like the picture idea, so you need to give corey a good kick to the shins and tell him to get to WORK on that!
i totally love the idea of various framed fruit images...they fit perfectly in any kitchens.
have a great week ahead!
big hugs!
betty xx
Chalkboard? My mom has one. Kids leave her pictures or she has me right a saying on it. Honestly I like your picture idea better.
Don't ask me. You should see how many bare walls I have in my house. Pathetic.
Almost all of our art (baring one thing) is pictures of the kids.
LOL! I can't sew either nor do crafts of any kind. I can paint and that is about it! I would just go with a simple picture or collage of pictures. They are cheaper than anything else and there are so many great sites on the web for making old pictures look new or vice versa
Your wall will be blank forever. :)
What about some fancy candle sconces for the wall?
We painted last weekend, and my walls are still bare. I have stuff to hang on them, I just don't want to. ;)
You should do a great quote....or a big fork and spoon...... = )))
You should do a great quote....or a big fork and spoon...... = )))
Do a wall vinyl of a famous kitchen quote:
I use a professional line microwave.
- Sara ;-)
A family collage would be great!
I agree with the above commenters who said IKEA! Just go there for some inspiration! :) Good Luck!
IKEA does rock. Try it for something for the wall. Love the apron.
That is a cute apron..
Yes, I am almost there.. Have an amazing night..
You would totally get along with my wife. She has even fewer crafting bones in her body. That did not sound right.
I'm not much help. When I need help I go to HomeSense. Do you have that store in the States? Sometimes you can find fun funky art cheap enough that when you tire of it in 6 months you can replace it with something new!
Love the apron!
I love to decorate with old windows and black and white photos of the family! This fall I am hoping to redo a few rooms in the house with all family photos.
Who knows if that will get done, lol.
Blessings!
I have no clue! I have several blank walls in my house! lol
I love the idea your husband had. He really needs to get on that :) Cute idea. I actually just posted a picture of my kitchen wall on my blog. I got the idea from the display in the store I bought the stuff at. I pretty much just said, I want it all. I took it home and copied the idea, so I can't take any credit :)
I love the idea someone earlier provided about your children's artwork and framing it on the walls. So cute :) I actually reorganized the art on my walls this weekend, which was a nice (and free) way to switch things up a bit.
Post a Comment