Anyway, so there I am, being present in my thoughts, slipping in all the poses because I accidentally put WAY too much coconut massage oil on at the store where the tester was very generous. You should have seen me trying to do the tree pose.
and concentrating on my practice, when she gives us a bolster and tells us to put it under our back.
I do.
Then? She tells us to lay back, stretch our legs out, lay our back on the bolster and let our hands rest by our sides.
Something like this here:
I bet you are thinking the same thing I was, "Uh, if an axmurderer were to happen on in here right now? He'd have us axed in the chest before we knew what hit us. And? I am first in the room, so guess who goes first? Why did I pick this spot? Who invented such a pose?"
Our sweet yoga instructor pipes up, "You may notice that you feel a bit anxious in this pose, as if you are exposed, or vulnerable..."
Okay. What was THAT? Was she reading my mind? I mean, in my opinion, this has nothing to do with being "vulnerable" it is mere safety. Sitting in a room with your chest exposed could get you killed. (or if you were a high school girl you could get called some names by the other nice high school girls...) It has nothing to do with my fear of exposing my "feelings" to the world, having my "heart" all "open and exposed." No, not at all.
So I sat there, my chest exposed to any want to be killer to hop on in when she finally ended the pose. Up next? Dead person pose.
Yeah, the pose were you lay on the ground like you are dead and they are going to chalk outline your body before they remove you from the scene in a black bag. Zipped up. Nice follow up there, huh?
Now you see why I run? Obviously.
41 comments:
You totally crack me up!
I like the alternative name for dead person pose: corpse pose. Corpse pose. Awesome.
Clearly the yoga instructor has no concern for your safety :-)
OK, I do NOT understand the purpose of these poses. How the h-e-double hockey sticks does laying in a vunerable position and then pretending you are dead help you to feel self-confident and worthy? I mean really- I'd like to have a little chat with Ms. Yoga Instructor. Is she even certified to help people with these kinds of issues or is she *just* a yoga instructor?
Anyhow, I'm proud that you are persevering and putting your all into this therapy. You've got this girl. You are rockin' it.
I didn't even like running BEFORE I read this post. Now I'm all up in your running business.
Cracking up! I loved this post :)
Notice that you are smiling during your dead pose, however. You secretly like the thrill of the ax murderer, don't you!!!!! :O
I do hot yoga, but it certainly doesn't still my mind. My best blog posts come out of that room!
You're funny! I had never thought of being massacred during my practice though...thanks for that!
Love the drawings, what a scream. My mom loves yoga. I have tried to get into it and I am sorry I am just not there.
Have a great day!
You are so funny!!
You are so funny!!
This is funny!
I have never tried yoga and have been dying too. I think the whole mind-body connection would be good for me.
Dead person pose.
*shakes head*
(shaking head because I've done yoga all of once and didn't really get it.)
You are a very talented artist!
I hate yoga. I think it's awkward and painful and the opposite of relaxing!
i don't do yoga unless it is the absolute last option. i had a sadistic trainer once who made me do yoga at least one day a week. i found myself being too "sick" to work out on that one day....until he started switching up the days on me so i wouldn't know. evil man. anyhoo....i started calling the "chataranga" (or however you spell it) move the "chupacabra". i hated it. it hurt. and anyone who says yoga is easy OR relaxing is nuts ;)
Have I told you how much I love you? Ax murderers hit up sororities and sleep overs, not yoga classes.
Ya why do they call that the corpse pose? Like for realsies!!
Now I'm probably going to be thinking about axe murderers during my next yoga class...
Your stick people absolutely RULE! Thanks for the great laugh - I just might try yoga yet - HA!
You rock the re-enactment drawings.
Ahh, thanks for the laugh. Your drawings are awesome!
I love it when you get into axe murderer phase. Always makes me laugh.
I loved your drawings :)
You crack me up!! I tried yoga before and I ended up falling over more times than not, so I quit. You can't very well be silent and focused when you keep landing on the floor. Then again, neither can your friends. (sigh)
Who would think yoga could be so scary? LOL
I would totally take a yoga class that you taught rather than one with the traditional names for poses - much more entertaining! :)
Wow, beautiful and funny...
but would he axe you if you played dead?
So maybe that pose was a good thing right?
oh heck who knows just go back to the foot behind the head pose!
Haha, that's hilarious!
I have never gotten that into yoga. I usually spend the whole time trying not to laugh at the grown men in short shorts doing the downward facing dog...
You are too funny, girl!
And I thought yoga was supposed to REDUCE your stress!!!
I love your drawings!
Fantastic illustrations.
That makes me never want to do yoga again....not that I'm doing it that often anyway. I feel like someone in the class always has gas and that's embarrassing and more than I can handle when trying to be serious and relax.
Hahaha!! Oh my gosh, this post cracked me up!
I don't do yoga.
Yep, me again. Just realized you're from Minnesota too! We live in Mankato...small world, huh? Anyways, nice to "meet" you, promise I'm not stalking you.
*LOL* I'm all over that dead person pose. Suits me to a T. ;)
Hahaha! LOVE your drawings! I haven't done that 1st yoga pose... seems awkward!
Yoga, makes everything better!!
LOL! Okay, let me get my breath from laughing so hard so I can say AMEN SISTER! I am right there with you. I have tried and tried doing yoga but I just can't wrap my mind around it. I need the speed and adrenaline of running!
Now it is all clear to me why you run..... ?! I admit last time I did yoga I was thinking about how strange that position felt, but not about the axe-murdered thing. Thanks though, I'll be thinking of that next time!
LOL...that is too funny!
Yep, stick to running!
I personally don't understand the concept of yoga. Running I get...just suck at it!
Post a Comment