10.17.2011

Passive Agressive? Says Who?

Just because I choose to share these letters on my blog rather than actually sending them out in no way, shape, or form indicates a passive aggressive tendency within myself. At all. 
I even looked up the definition of passive aggressive and decided, after a bit of deep soul searching, that not a single one of the characteristics have ever been used to describe me. (Just going to say it, in my world? Ambiguity and sarcasm are a form of artistic expression and never a form of masking feelings.Duh, right?

Dear Sister, (yes, I am referring to the one I always do, mostly because I only have one sister, but trust me, she is like having a dozen.) 


I am having a bit of a hard time writing this post when you continually message me on FB. Stop it. Unless you are telling me something useful, like what you want to get me for Christmas...then we can continue talking. Or admitting something I can use against you the next time dad is on my case. A smoke screen is always good to have as a back up, you know?

Signed, 

Your only sister who already has a list ready for you.


Dear Friendly but honestly, rather drill sergeant like at times Dietitian, 

I know, I know, you have that framed diploma hanging on your wall. (trust me, I studied it to make sure it is legit) I understand your thinking here- that you know better than I on what I need to do- but I don't think you understand. I do know better. Trust me. 
Since I am too much of a wimp reluctant to tell you this in person, here goes: 

  (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) 

 See? That is all. 

Sincerely, 

The patient who swears she is not double counting tallies any longer. (besides, we had this conversation about double counting before, and I *think* I came out as correct.)  

(sorry for the pause in typing there- we will pretend you could tell -but my sister finally came up with some good stuff) 

Dear Corey, 

I understand. You are still grieving Steve's death. I sympathize. However? 
If you tell me one more time how to take care of my new computer? Lean over one more time to wipe a smear off it? Reach over my shoulder one more time to adjust a setting? (yes! Yes, I do like my screen this bright. And I am juuuust fine with have a lower batter life because of it.) Well, it is not going to be pretty, I'll promise you that. (I am not talking about the computer, it is gorgeous. So fast and shiny.) 
 F

 With love and affection, 

Me. 

and Finally...

Dear World, 

What is the point of a holiday where we allow people to dress up in all sorts of costumes? I mean, it is fun and all, but I have said it before: We are giving axmurderers an OPEN DOOR to walk around in FULL KILLER REGALIA and "claim" they are headed to a "party" (we know what kind of party they are hacking about) 
If I am not being scared to death by potential killers, my eyes are being traumatized by unfortunate costume choices some adults are making. 

Enough. 

Yours truly, 

Let's stick to cowboys, astronauts, and other non scary things, okay? 


Thank you for sticking with me on that. Feels good to get it off my chest and out in the open. Now let's hope none of these folks read my blog this week, right?

 
 

 

 
post signature

30 comments:

teacher girl said...

FUNNY! :o) SO true about the costumes. You have a great way of putting humor in everything! LOVE it!

Barbaloot said...

Halloween---ugh! There should be a rule that it's funny, random or weird dress up. Not creepy or trashy.

Also, my mother claims I'm immensely passive agressive. I have no idea what she's talking about...

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you come up with this stuff, but keep it up. I love a little laughter with my morning coffee!

KSK said...

*I was going to ask you how Corey was doing with Steve's death and all...

Bari said...

You're right - not passive aggressive at all.

And I totally agree with you on the halloween costumes.

bobbi said...

Hilarious! And somehow I KNEW you'd feel just that way about Halloween :P

Kristina P. said...

So, I shouldn't be a zombie from The Walking Dead?

Furry Bottoms said...

I loved that little "You're wrong, so sit there in all your wrongness and be wrong" that is going to stick in my head all day now!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I like your letters :)

There are some horrible costumes out there.

Or the costumes aimed at young girls that make them look like cheap you-know-whats aren't that great either.

Cool Gal said...

I must steal the "NO" quote. I need to pull that one out on the mister!

Writing letters...hum, a very good idea!

Kmama said...

I love the No quote. And I think I've used that other quote a few times myself. ;-)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love your letters! You wouldn't like my husband's costume at all. At least it's better than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre costume from the past two years.

Teamarcia said...

I think my family's picture comes up when you google passive aggressive.
Love the letter writing--great way to get that crap out! : )

Shell said...

Oh, your Halloween one is cracking me up!

@Dayngr said...

Dear Sara,

I am always wow and amazed (jealous and cursing) at how you consistently come up with clever topics (I wish I had thought of).

Keep up the good work, (you're making me look bad)

@Dayngr

Emmy said...

Yes Halloween has just become ridiculous and wrong. And I never thought of the scary killer angle- oh creepy. My husband is still morning Steve's death too

Foursons said...

"You just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong." You may be seeing this on my blog soon because honestly? I am so LOVING it. It applies to so many people in my life.

And no, I'm not passive aggressive at all. *cough, cough, choking* People ALWAYS know where I'm coming from. :)

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl you are a scream. I think your humor always brightens my day. I love the: I am not arguing photo, that is totally me somedays.
Have a great week!

Richelle said...

I love your sense of humor and how you tell it like it is. I have days like this, too. Hope the rest of your week goes better!

Impulsive Addict said...

Well, it's about time you posted. I was almost ready to take you off my sidebar.

You are totally passive aggressive. There. I said it. But I do really like that you're categorizing it as artistic expression so it's all good, yo.

I need a diet doctor in my life. But I wouldn't listen to them so why waste the money? I need to borrow "I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right". That's greatness right there.

Halloween scares me. I stick to a neighborhood party. That's it. I don't go to convenient stores, Hellmart, or restaurants on or near Halloween. And what's up with all the slut costumes on the teenagers? Holy Jeez!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Everytime I see scary costumes, I think of you. :) They are the reason I go to my church's harvest party, no scary costumes allowed.

Anonymous said...

JDaniel is afraid of scary costumes. We avoid them.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

So true on the costumes- I love that you share all this with us- that is what makes us fall in love with ya and keep coming back for more humor and laughter. We all need it in our day!

"Cookie" said...

I have to say that I like Halloween! BUT, I'm not obsessed with ax murderers either so....

You are a trip! Wonder how many your sister thinks you make up? 12 for her says you...... what's her number for you? :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

The costume thing is too true.

Betty Manousos said...

funny!
that one about the costumes...really true.

you never fail to amaze me. love your great sense of humour!

betty xo

Jen said...

Bwaahaahaa!!! I love the one to your sister...your ONLY sister. Hope she gets you something really nice for Christmas ;)

Nicole said...

lol, thanks for the laugh this morning! :)
and although I think you have a funny obsession with ax murderers, I have to agree with you about people dressing up like them for Halloween, its pretty scary! ps I have a great post about a Halloween Fright fest me and Martin went to where a girl was walking around skipping with a knife behind her back (freaky costume if I've ever seen one!) I'll post soon. it was spooky!

Anonymous said...

I see no passive, but your Agressive nature is blinding

Liz Mays said...

I'm not sure what you mean about double tallies.

As for Halloween, I've thought the same thing from time to time. I'm so glad that I've never heard of anything happening though.