11.29.2011

Uuuuupdate

Yeah, you can tell by my inspired title there that I am out of ideas for post titles. I bet there is a college course on blog post titles somewhere. Need to check into that. 






Anyway, I figured I'd throw an update on how it is going out there. (In bullet point, because I really like the organized way bullet point things look. Not an OCD/ADHD thing either- just purely a preference.) And! What I am entertaining myself with these days. (Yes, I am easily entertained.)
 
I am still doing the intensive outpatient program for my eating disorder. I am pretty sure I am going to die in that program here. I joked in the fall how I was going to decorate the room for Christmas...uh jokes on me. I am pretty sure they are trying to break me of my sarcasm "issue" before they release me. I have told them over and over it is in my DNA, and I will likely continue to use it as a defense mechanism and to cover awkward moments until I die. Besides, I adore the half cooked broccoli and puppy chow desert, so why would I give that up? (If I hear one more time how it is "just one meal!" I think I am going to one meal someone.) (wait, don't mark that down, because i don't want them to trace it back to me) 

I decided to take the rest of the year off from teaching. It was a hard decision. It comes down to me needing to take the time I need to recover and not worry about going back to a job where you can't not give 100%. I need the time to concentrate on myself and my family. (and some pinterest projects.) 
 
Yes, yes it is true. I have become a baking/crafting-aholic. Apparently (who knew!?) when you remove a negative behavior from your life, you need to replace it with something. Here enters Pinterest! (Fear not, I still won't cook unless forced, and making spaghetti makes me crabby.) 
 
And? I can't even exercise (except when I do and lie about it...) because a med I was on was prolonging my heart's QTc so I was cut off until it returns to normal. #fail


 
I'll be by to catch up/visit soon! It has been crazy busy here, and won't settle down for a bit, so I am running out the door right now for dinner/games with friends! 
 post signature

27 comments:

Foursons said...

Half-cooked broccoli and chow? Ummm...what exactly are they teaching you at this place? Yuck.

I was just wondering today about you returning to work. I'm sure that was a very difficult decision for you, but I'm proud of you for making it. Choosing to make ourselves a priority is hard and I think you have totally made the right decision.

No running? How are you surviving without it? Now that I've started (and no where near as skilled as you) I don't think I could NOT run. What it does to calm my mind and emotional well-being is how I cope with stress. And when that stress doesn't get relieved I am a simmering pot ready to boil. It's not pretty.

Good to hear an update from you. It sounds as though you are doing well although I'm a bit surprised with the Pinterest addiction. *grin*

Amy said...

glad you did what was right for you.. Love all of the goodies..

Barbaloot said...

You can't exercise? That sounds like an order I'd love to get---but in reality I suppose it'd be rough. Hope you're doing okay!!

Erin said...

Don't give up your sarcasm. I need it. But if it's what's best for you I will love you anyway. Your projects look great. Now send some cookies my way (right cuz I really need that shit!)

Kristina P. said...

Dood, I work in a treatment center. I require sarcasm.

Kaci said...

Glad to see an update! XOXO

alison said...

i, too, am addicted to the pinterest. although i haven't actually DONE any of the stuff i've pinned!! and sarcasm?? it's like oxygen, man. you HAVE to have it. otherwise half-cooked broccoli and puppy chow are just half-cooked broccoli and puppy chow. the sarcasm makes them bearable ;) if you ever "one meal someone"...we will TOTALLY cover for you!

Andrea-TheSockMonkeyMom said...

Pinterest. Okay you're about the tenth person to talk about it. What the heck is this 'thing'?

I love the cookies. Well, I love all cookies, but those are especially good-lookin'. Is that tractor a cake or something? Cause if it is, that's really, really cool.

The Stiffs said...

Aww Pinterst. Ray has a healthy hate of that site now. Did you know baking is much more difficult than cooking? Miss you!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Wow, for a moment there I thought you were showing us all your baked goodies! Glad to see you haven't been in the kitchen! LOL! Kidding- I am afraid you are a better cook and baker than you give yourself credit for!

I think taking time off is a good thing. You need to take care of yourself before you can take care of and help others. I think you are doing a terrific job and I am so proud of how far you have come in this program. keep it up and know I am praying for you!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad you made the decision that is best for you. Love all the decorated cookies. Hope you can run again soon.

Bari said...

The apple and Pac Man cookies are my favorite.

Not being able to run must absolutely SUCK. I'm so sorry about that, but you really do need to get and stay healthy. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.... :( (just be careful with the running!)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Getting healthy is the most important thing and definitely sounds like you're on the right track! You rock lady!

Jen said...

I was just thinking of you!! Thanks for the update! Love all of the projects you've been up to :)
Hope you can exercise soon (without having to lie about it ;)
XO

Stephanie said...

Sounds to me like you made a fabulous choice! So smart to take care of yourself first. Isn't that the rule all Mama's are supposed to follow?
Oh and if we lived closer I would so be inviting myself over so you could teach me how to make those awesome cookies!

Mama4Real said...

Pinterest has changed my life.

Anonymous said...

I want some of those apple cookies!!!!

Impulsive Addict said...

Does your post have subliminal messages in it or did you bake some fancy cookies?

I hope you're doing ok and not replacing your "situation" with another addiction such as pinterest. I may have to report you.

And I have a feeling that you're still running.

Be good. Glad you updated us. It's about time.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you made a good decision. I think you need to send me some baked goods. Sweets are my downfall.

Emmy said...

Yes, we do need to take care of ourselves first or nothing else gets taken care of. Pinterest is wonderful huh? My goal is to actually make some of the stuff I pin now.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Good luck. Keep us posted. I think having a sense of humor might help you get through everything!

And LOVE the pac-man cookies.

Shell said...

Hope you can enjoy the rest of the year off- and feel better!

Amy said...

Hey Girl I am not sure about my cards either.. I hope you are having a great day..

Jessica said...

Baking is a good project. Keep it up. Those apple cookies are hilarious.

Liz Mays said...

You're very wise to take the time to focus on yourself and get healthy without distractions. (Except Pinterest is a mighty distraction.)

Mrs. M said...

I love your baking creations!