12.12.2011

My Christmas List

While some of my actions may in fact warrant me coal in my stocking this year (but really? Nothing illegal, so I don't see how I could be punished...changing people's computer languages, passwords, unplugging mice, stealing their phones and updating their FB status to say how cool I am, bringing kitties home, hiding that plate I broke and shirt I shrunk, chucking tootsie rolls at people, giggling at men running marathons with bloody nips- is any of this illegal? No.) 

Anyway, since I feel I was pretty darn good this year, I am sharing my Christmas list in hopes my dear sister will read it and pass along the word. (Making a list is admittedly harder than it seems, as I seem to have an issue with buying myself the stuff on the list..) 

This Lululemon jacket. Love, love the color.  It looks better in person, in my opinion.



Check out the blossoms on these Mizuno Wave Precisions! I am enamored with the design. I could care less about how they feel, to tell you the truth, I just want running shoes that are cute for once. 
 Fine. I did just buy early gift myself a pair of Gel Kayanos last week, but a woman needs a couple pairs, right?
 Since my friends keep talking about this foreign concept called "Running Outside in the Elements Where We Could Freeze Ourselves, Fall, and Die Frozen to the Ice"* , I may as well try to add a few moments to my life by asking for a pair of YakTrax Pros 
 *don't laugh at the possibility either. Happened to my great grandpa. Well, fine, he was drunk and fell and froze to the sidewalk, BUT he had made this drunken trek many times previously and this one was fated to be his last. What if it is some kind of generational curse or something? That is why I never get the mail drunk on a daily basis like him.

Finally, my last wish. A maid who moonlights as a chef. This whole "household duty" thing is really messing with my personal time, and I need to find a way to lessen my load. If I could not cook, clean, iron, or do laundry, I would have much more free time to waste.

  Now, dear sister? If you are reading this? Spread the word. (and I am sorry for calling you rat face again this year. It is just a habit, it means nothing. Oh, and I am sorry I told your Vinh about you killing that squirrel with love, how you never brushed your hair as a kid, and had a neon rainbow strap on your glasses. I only told him, not like I told the whole world or anything.) 


post signature

46 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Please send me one of those housekeeping chef.

Liz Mays said...

A chef-maid would be brilliant! If you find such a thing, do send another my way!

Betty Manousos said...

i'm with blueviolet. just wanted to say the exact same thing!

xx

Guacaholic said...

Shut the front door. For real now. Did your great grandpa really die that way? What a crummy way to go.

Bari said...

I'm just gonna copy/paste this & send it to my fam as my list, m'kay? :-)

Kelli said...

Fell and froze to the sidewalk? That's insane. If I didn't know you, I'd think you were lying. You saw that on that 1,001 terrible ways to die, didn't you?

Miller Racing Family said...

Now if you get the maid let me know and I will add it to my list. I always say I would pay big money for someone to do our ironing each week. Have a great day.

Emmy said...

Add the maid to my list too. That is sad about your grandpa- is that for real?

Teamarcia said...

Love that Lulu jacket so much! I know it's irrational but going in a Lulu store intimidates me.

Tara said...

Cool shoes! I think I should have made a Christmas wish list on my blog for my mom to see. I have my list on Pinterest but nobody who buys me gifts looks at it. What was I thinking? I hope you get everything on your list...

Kaci said...

I want the last one and I want Jon to have the ice shoe thingys. =)

Anonymous said...

Love the blossom covered shoes. Those are wonderful and would go well with the jacket!

I actually had to wash my vacuum filters yesterday. As a regular person, I should not have to be doing something like that.


Maid please!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'd love a housecleaning chef too.

Anonymous said...

I could totally go for a maid! That would be a awesome gift!

Kmama said...

I would love a maid/chef. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Barbaloot said...

I hope changing the language on peoples' phones doesn't mean I'll get coal cuz I totally do that often and I think it's funny.

Stephanie said...

LOL Loving the jacket and the maid. I'll take one of each. Thing I'll trade the shoes for a pair of fashion before funciton boots :)
Hope your sister is paying attention!

Stephanie said...

PS Did Your poor Grandpa really die that way? So sad!

Furry Bottoms said...

I think the jacket would look absolutely fabulous on you. It is form fitting and you've got a great body for it.

And? I would NEVER EVER dream of laughing at you for Running Outside in the Elements Where You Could Freeze Yourself, Fall, and Die Frozen to the Ice. Nope, not me. Never. I am only too aware of the possibilies!! :) *HUGS*

mypixieblog said...

Personal maid/chef would be pretty spectacular. I should add that to the Christmas list. Won't happen, but nice to dream anyway :)

And that Lululemon jacket is adorable. Love that store, but it makes me cry every time I walk in. So many items are just way out of my price range... but they last FOREVER!

Val said...

I hope Santa brings you everything you want!! You deserve it. Happy Tuesday!!!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I'm heading back to Lululemon...I think I "need" that jacket :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Your last wish? Yes, I'm with you!
I think you've been good and deserve all that. Those running shoes are especially cute!

Impulsive Addict said...

Um, yeah, I could really use that housekeeping cook. I'm not much on housework over here and nobody seems to wanna do it ether which is a very bad thing. But my Christmas tree is AH-MAZING!

Did your grandpa die? That's a horrible way to go. Poor guy.

Anonymous said...

A maid/chef sounds great! I hope you make the dip and love it.

Amy said...

I want that maid who cooks and cleans for me.. Yes please..

Unknown said...

I need a housekeeper/chef too!

Those mizunos are seriously the cutest shoes I have ever seen. I love mizunos. I might need them too.

Simply Complex said...

I didn't find the precisions to be as comfortable on my foot as the wave rider in the store. But my, those ARE pretty!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Love the jacket and love the shoes! I will take size small in the jacket and a size 9 in the shoes please! Thank you santa! LOL!

Amy said...

back again.. Hope you get what you want... You so deserve it..

plester.vbp said...

I WAS going to tell people what you wanted, but you've been bad. I distinctly remember a pair of my socks gone missing and you taking a bite out of my beloved cake pop from Starbucks one day.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to know what I could use, I could really use a gift certificate towards a place where I can buy my very own super cool gel manicure kit/system! OMG we could do fancy nails for cheap!!

Jessica said...

I would take a maid that moonlights as a chef.

Mrs. M said...

Love your list - and running shoes WITH traction?? Would have saved me a few tumbles in the past! :)

alison said...

ummmmm....have you forgotten about that time you moonlighted as a grafitti artist??? i'm just sayin' that MIGHT be bordering on the "illegal"!! ;)

and we don't get much snow or ice here (well...not ANY to be truthful) but shoes with traction on them could never be a bad thing for me. anything that might help me keep from falling over is always good.

Smart Food and Fit said...

I accidentally found you doing a search on lululemon define jacket! Glad I found you, we have alot in common. That color is very pretty in person, we carry it at the studio I work at but want one in currant or tango red! Hope you get everything you asked for and more!

bobbi said...

I would give up all those other (very COOL) things for a chef maid. For real.

Jen said...

Ha! Awesome Christmas wish list. Those shoes are very cool! Do you run outdoors in the winter? I try to avoid it if it's icy and windy out...I'm a real wimp like that ;)
Hope you get all those things and more this Christmas. You totally deserve them :)

Di said...

I had a maid/chef but he went and got a real job again. Sigh. Also he didn't fold laundry.

Cool Gal said...

I LOVE that jacket. It's awesome!

The chef/maid...hilarious. I hope one appears under the tree for you Christmas morning. :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I mentioned you in my last post. Thought of you when I read this sign.

http://secretmomthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/12/are-you-1.html

Anonymous said...

Where are my cookies?

Loukia said...

I want a chef-maid and someone to help me lose weight and get fit!
Happy New Year to you! All the best in 2012... xoxo

Emma said...

I hope that you at least got something from your list and that you had a fabulous Christmas. Happy New Year to you and yours x

Lady Mama said...

I always wished I had a sister.... up until I read that thing you wrote at the end! Haha just kidding. Happy New Year to you - hope it's a great one!

Stephanie said...

Coming back to say I hope you are feeling better!! Happy New year to you my friend. Hope 2012 sees all your dreams come true:)

PS I'm with you. Stupid Bathrooms. Enough with the sick already@!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'd also like a maid. And a cook.

Happy New Year!