7.27.2008

Walkin' away cancer

On Friday night, I participated in the Chisago County Relay for Life with a group of women from school. It was an awesome night! It was super emotional watching the cancer survivors stand up to take their spot on the first lap. With dozens of types of cancer named, men, women and children of all ages stood up to acknowledge their fight against cancer. Seeing young women, carrying children, daddies who have battled cancer giving piggy back rides, 7 year old survivors...
no one is immune to cancer and its effects.
 I do not personally know anyone with cancer right now. My grandpa died of cancer when I was 3, and my hubbies grandparents died of cancer. However, I am guessing someday in my life either myself, or someone I love, will fight the battle. The more we can all do to help others fight and research cancer now, well, maybe one of our loved ones will be saved in the future. 
If you have the chance, participate in a Relay for Life team, or attend a Relay walk- you will be touched. 


No comments: