I am not sure why I have been so lazy, perhaps it is the fact that it is the first summer in 12 years I have not worked. Corey told me to take the summer off and enjoy time with they boys, so that is what I am doing. I admit that other summers I have not pushed myself too hard, the last 4 summers i have worked an average of 12-18 hours per week. However, this summer, I have done nothing. I love it!! I love sitting and hanging with my growing-too-fast boys and indulging their wishes to go on turtle hunts, jump on the trampoline and nature walks. I love spending too much time on the internet and not enough time doing laundry. I have spent hours talking on the phone to friends, read several books, and ran over 100 miles per month.
I've also done about 2354 loads of laundry, swept the floor an average of 2.7 times per day and washed more dishes than I care to talk about.
I'll pick it up in August. I am already getting into the mode where I start to think of the things I want to get done in my classroom, as sure thing fall is coming. In the meantime, I think I will enjoy some more lazy summer days!
No comments:
Post a Comment