8.12.2008

Betty-Anne's Helpful Household Hints #1

My sis reminded of a very helpful book I received as a shower gift for my wedding 10 years ago entititled Betty Anne's Helpful Household Hints. Given to me by my hubby's great-grandmother, who only re-gifts, this book was originally published in 1983. I will periodically share some of Betty Anne's hints with you, so you too can "make everyday life easier and less costly for you." (taken from the back cover) 

Betty Anne Helpful Household Hint #1: 

A gift that's lucky, too- As the cost of meats keep rising, chicken becomes more popular. And that means more leftover wishbones. Here's another way (besides wishing!) to use them. Dry them. Paint them. Put a little glitter and tie them to gift packages. The recipients will not only have a nice gift, but have a lucky wish, too. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must go now, I am making a list of upcoming birthdays. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! Everyone loves dried up glittery bones on their presents! don't take all the meat off - same some for the lucky recipient.

Jazzy said...

NICE!!! BTW we have no need for presents this year, for ANYTHING!