8.13.2008

Betty Anne's Helpful Household Tip #2

This tip doesn't actually have to do with the household, it is more of a camping tip. I know some of you are still planning camping trips this summer, so here is a helpful tip- but don't think it is only for camping- many of us also run errands around town as well, and this may be a great option: 

Your car can be a washing machine
If it's absolutely necessary to wash clothes on a trip, try this. Bring along a diaper pail. Fill it with dirty clothes, soap and water, and put back the lid. (Make sure it fits tight.) Store it in your trunk. ( Do this just before departure to another site, or if your taking a drive.) The movement of your car will agitate your clothes. Just rinse and hang at the next location. 

I love this idea! Now, I can wash clothes and run errands at the same time! Whoo, multi-tasking! My only issue is this- diaper pail?  Yuck. I better check the book to see what her tip for cleaning diaper pails is. 

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

Good Idea! Although lately with all of our clothes, Ken and I have decided to go with a much more cost effective and time saving route....We are no longer going to wear clothes. It seems that will save the most time and money for our family.

Take that for a Helpful Household Tip!!

So you guys want to come over, clothes are optional!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that washing method would earn me a divorce.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Jazz, you should totally send that tip to Betty Anne- you know, for Volume 2 of her book. We are on our way over....!!!

Anonymous said...

I think a tote would work good also, they come in difference sizes,so could wash a bigger or smaller load. Also if you have a really dirty load go over the rail road tracks a few times,or hit a few pot holes.