8.20.2008

Betty Anne's Helpful Household Tip #3 AND #4

An unexpected gift arrived in the mail today. Betty Anne's Helpful Household Hints Volume 2!! I do not recall ordering this, I looked at it on Amazon, but never ordered it. Yet, like a gift from above, there it was in my mailbox today. I personally believe Betty Ann herself sent it to me.  So, in celebration, here is a double dose of Helpful Household Hints for you. 

#3- You can make your own deodorant at home. Simply fill a small spray bottle with lukewarm mineral water.  Mix in a heaping tablespoon of alum and a generous dose of your favorite scent and shake well. Now you have a home-made version of what you pay so much for in drug stores. 

#4- Bored of the same old meat and potatoes? Well, for variety's sake, try some of what we call the "forgotten" meats. Kidneys, liver, tongue, hearts, even brains can be fixed in a number of tasty and interesting ways. They'll also be easier on your budget. 

I am glad she mentioned the "forgotten" meat tip. I have been looking for a good heart (pig, chicken, cow, whatever) recipe. If you have one, do share. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this color font doesn't show up very well on a white background.

But I do like hint #4. I'll serve that to your brother in law next time he makes me mad.

Jazzy said...

So, we'll be over later for liver right? We will bring some kidneys to add to the feast. See ya soon. Yum Yum, I am hungry!