9.06.2008

A Teeny Bit embarrasing- but so characteristic

I am currently hanging my head in typical Sara shame. Why? 
Umm, because.... I got myself all ready to go for the City of Lakes 25k. I carbo- loaded (yummy! fun!) and packed, mentally prepared, ect. Woke up, stretched out, was ready. My sis drove me over to the site- I was amped. 
Until I noticed there were no signs posted for it today. And the only signs I saw said the road would be closed tomorrow from 7-12. Not to worry, I thought, an inkling of warning going off in my mind. We arrived at the Harriet Bandshell, only to discover the race is on Sunday! Not Saturday!! Silly me. 
My sister got a good laugh. Corey- umm not so much. More of a "Did you check the dates? You had plenty of opportunity."
No, I didn't check the dates! Heres why:
- I was busy. It was the first week of school after all.
- Races are supposed to be on Saturday, not Sunday.
- I am a putz.

So, I came back to my sisters and we have had a lovely day of going to the Global Market, Macy's, Mall of America and a Core Yoga Hot Yoga class.
The forecast is for rain tomorrow, so that should be fun. Wish me luck. This time I have got the time and place this time.

1 comment:

Amber and the boys... said...

I hope you did well on your marathon. P.s. I think you are crazy awesome for being a runner (CRAZY). Here are your assignments.
-2008
-a left-brained character trait
-your fav. food in motion
-A fear

I am so pumped to see what you come up with, this project is so much fun!