10.26.2008

Not me!



Why hello. Welcome to my newly renamed blog. I did not rename it after my husband called me "domestically disabled" after I threatened to blacken his eye when he asked what was for dinner. 
I am very domestic. Do you think just anyone can heat up chicken nuggets? Or make mac-n-cheese? (Also, I did not forget to watch the stove and have it boil over.) 

I am so very domestic, that while my hubby was outside cutting and stacking wood, I did not take a nap. I had things to do, laundry to put away, crayon to clean up! 

While my 5 year old was making a chart depicting the probability of a car landing right side up, upside down or on its side, I did not think to myself, "My boy is so smart!"  Especially after when he got frustrated it kept landing right side up and crumpled the paper. 

My 2 year old did not walk up to me with a handful of brown stuff on his hand. It was definitely not poop. All over his hand, leg, back, and soon, all over me. 

I did not catch my husband teaching our son to scratch his back on the back of a door. That is going to look great when he does that at others houses. Yes folks, we are truly the cream of the crop. 

And of course, I am not panicking about MckMama having Stellan this week. Will she update? What should I pray for? Help! I'll miss her! Also, my friend and I did not have a conversation about MckMama, acting as though we totally know her personally, and discuss Stellan's birth this week. We aren't that obsessed. 

9 comments:

Jazzy said...

What are we blog stalkers????? Isn't it normal to talk about people you don't know in real life like they are your next door neighbor? Seriously!!! :)

Liz said...

Well at least you were talking about her to someone else who was reading her blog too...i talk to my friends and family (who don't even read her blog) as if she's my real life friend...they are so confused and can't figure out why i'm so obsessed!

Lori said...

oh I'm so not looking forward to that part of potty training

Junita said...

Oh - I don't think of MckMama as my own BFF too! I certainly don't bring her up in conversation.

Whitney said...

Such a funny list! When you read someone's blog thoughts everyday it makes you miss them and think you really know them, for real!

Kirsty said...

LOL! Such great 'not me's'! Love the name of your blog..I am most definitely not domestically disabled..no siree! LOL

Stacey said...

I'm laughing out loud about the poop...at least he was shoing you his creation!

Ashley said...

i am not a blog stalker either. and i am not worried that mckmama will not be posting regularly after stellan is born...

Anonymous said...

I totally would NOT have worn fleece pants and a sweatshirt around the house because as we all know, that is TOTALLY not hot. And if my husband (your brother in law) would have nicely asked me to wear something a little less sweatsuit-like I would have immediately put something cuter and more flattering on. Never would I have told him to shove it, I was cold.