10.22.2008

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Fall, 
It was nice to have you here. Now go away. Take your frost, cold wind and 1,000,000,000 leaves you blew on my lawn with you. In fact, take Winter with you while your at it. 

Hugs and Kisses,

Sara 

Dear CoWorker, 
Umm, please do not look at my blog. I apologize if I slam my laptop down when you come, but honestly, I do not want you knowing my blog name. I also apologize if I purposely gave you the incorrect blog address. It is just that, well, what if I want to complain about you? and then you read it? That would be uncomfortable, now wouldn't it? We'll just stay away from each other's computer files. 
Sincerely, 
Me. 

One final rant: 

Dear Governor,  
Your thoughts on education. REALLY??? The DIRECT QUOTE in which you said
"Parents are the best option for student accountability,.... Since we can't control parenting, we can control the quality of teachers." 
I understand, to a point, but honestly? I have your mandated testing, No Child Left Behind, character building and everything else I have to fit into my day. I need to teach reading and math, because we test on those, and students have to pass the tests.
 We throw arts to the wind and our children are going to be one dimensional as a result. I have to teach honesty, respect, accountability, while those same skills are diminished at home. I love my job, don't get me wrong. But, please? Could you spend a week in a classroom? See what we do? Then, then, throw a few more logs on the fire. 

Sara  

3 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Girl! You GO! My three aunts who teach would agree wholeheartedly with you.

You can change your privacy settings so that you are "un-Google-able" - it's under the "basic" tab of your settings (change search engines to no and add to listings no)... You should be able to stay private without resorting to password protection (I have a mentally unstable former friend who blog stalks me). It's a hassle, but it can be done.

Mallorie said...

Love it!

I'm ready for fall to be done too.

I want to complain about co-workers as well...but the one i'd complain about knows my blog. Dangit!

No child left behind=what were they thinking?

Jazzy said...

Please explain this to me a little more, I am not a teacher and maybe don't totally understand what you are arguing:)