11.17.2008

Not Me!!


May I preface this by saying, I survived conferences?! However, I {did not} talk so much my tongue swelled and I almost started speaking in gibberish by 8:30 p.m. Following which I stopped at the grocery store, and when the cashier talked to me, I was so tired, I {did not} talk incomprehensibly to the poor lady. She {did not} look at me like I was nuts. 

I {did not} have a dream in which I saw MckMama at the Children's Museum and was too nervous to go and talk to her. You know, like she is an unapproachable celebrity or something!

My poor little Asher {is not} walking around with a little bruise under his lip because he tried to jump on my treadmill while I was running. {Note: Not a good idea} My husband {was not} supposed to be watching him, but was blogging instead. I would {never} do that! 

I {did not} tell my husband that he did not need to come to Elijah's party at McDonald's yesterday. 11 kids and 1 adult? No problem, I'm a teacher, right?  11 kids with birthday excitement, pop and cake?!? Thank you mom for coming to my rescue. 

Finally, I {did not} almost write a list of what I was going to say today, only to say, "no, that would be dorky." Now I am mad at myself for not, and forgetting everything! 

I can't promise to {not} spend 2 hours later tonight reading all your blogs! 
p.s. If you live in my town, and saw a dirty, sweaty chick in sweats at the grocery store the other day, looking down and not making eye contact, it wasn't me. 

22 comments:

Stacy said...

Of course you can handle that many kids begging for cake. Found you over at MckMamas place. Get Not me's!

Anonymous said...

Treadmill attacks. I hate that. Just so you know that did not happen at my house either! :-) Happy Monday

Alexis said...

Funny stuff! Good thing your tongue doesn't swell when you blog, eh?

Anonymous said...

I did have a little chuckle over the mispelled entry! LOL

Gardner Momma said...

Love your Not Me's! Also reading about your running... I'm wishing we were in the same town - we sound similar with our running! I'm always hunting for running partners... Good luck on the marathon training!

Keyona said...

Too funny...BTW your link is messed up on MckMama's blog. You have blogspto instead of blogspot.

Julie said...

I always do my post as the week goes. I wouldn't be able to participate otherwise! My brain barely functions at the moment.

-stephanie- said...

hey, we all do dorky things. Go ahead, make a list, we would love to compare dorkiness.

Anonymous said...

This was so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Very funny I especially like the last one :)

Gardner Momma said...

Me again - have you heard of "Moms in Motion"? I am a member here in my town. It's awesome.... you could form your own chapter if you're looking for a running club. go to momsinmotion.com - Our team here in Spokane has triathlon training, half marathon training, and much more - it's awesome!

Mrs. Realife said...

I'm laughing because (as a former teacher) I'd think I could handle 11 kids NOT excited and screaming because they're at a birthday party!

Thanks for coming by my blog!

More Than Words said...

Hi there!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

LOL @ the McDonald's party!! I can imagine!!

You list was fun to read!!

heidi said...

Great list!!!

Kameron said...

I was hoping someone wasn't Disableed, although i have to admit before I clicked on it, I thought it might be some clever play on words that I just didn't quite get yet!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute post, and I so hear you.

Anonymous said...

I don't live in your town, but if I did, I wouldn't have seen you because I was dirty, sweaty, in sweats and looking down too!

kay said...

I love finding other teachers on Blogger! (:

And I make lists for everything! I'm definitely dorky like that!

Holly said...

OH MY DAYS!! I don't think I have ever been that bad! I am surprised the poor child could function after all that sugar in his lunch. I have to say I did throw in a yogurt and some string cheese with an apple. Thanks for the comment.

Cat, our oldest was attacked by a treadmill when she was 2. My brother was running on it and she sat down on the front and of course the belt caught her and slung her to the back at which time her butt got caught between the wall and the treadmill. The belt burned the back of her legs. Fortunately my brother was able to fall with some grace so as not to fall on her or it could have been much worse.

djp said...

sometimes I don't put my not me's in for fear of being dorky too! i wonder what we'd all be posting about if we just didn't worry about that! hehe.

Holly said...

Well, you might not have dreams about bloggers, but I have! They're almost always really weird dreams.

I'm sorry your kiddo got hurt on the treadmill. Er ... didn't.

Nutty Mom said...

You've won an award, come to my page to claim it!