12.30.2008

the post in which I let you know how glad I am to have boys

I noticed at DisneyWorld that I am fortunate to have boys. I always wanted 2 boys, and I have 'em and love 'em.
Let me explain why:
Disney Princess Dress- $64.95
Tiara- $15.95
Wand thingie- $15.95
Shoes/tights- $25.00
Having your hair done at the Magic Kingdom Castle- $75.00
Dinner (for 4) at the Magic Kingdom Castle with the 'princesses' - $225.00 (excluding tip)
Total Cost= $421.85
Have 2 girls, like many I saw? $618.70

Two boys who walk in the door of the Disney Princess shop and say, "eww, a girls shop" ?
Priceless. (or $70 on a monorail that doesn't work, and 35.00 worth of Lighting McQueen cars.)
Also, I don't have to worry about them looking up to this as a role model:
(just have to make sure they don't bring them home!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my thoughts exactly! We didn't find out with either of ours and the moment each was born was a huge relief, LOL!!! I tell everyone that girls = trouble! :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Absolutely loving this post this morning. As a mother of both a boy and a girl, I suppose I am going to have the "best" of both worlds? :)

You are also definitely right about Lightning McQueen. He has the magic power to cure anything that ails a toddler boy. At least, he and Mater do in our house!

Happy New Year.

-Francesca

PS: Love your profile picture in your sidebar. I think it is new? LOVELY!

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed reading this post :) It made me even more thankful for my little guy

heidi said...

That was so painfully true. *sigh*

But, uh, you'll make up for it in food when your boys hit puberty, promise. ;-)