12.16.2008

Super- Almost- Ready

I am {almost} ready to go!! I had no idea it could be so difficult to
-pack 2 boys
-pack myself
-make sure I have all the birth certificates (because we are leaving the country), papers, cruise tickets (which I lost-temporarily- last night and flew around the house in a PaNiC!), meds, and everything else
-make sure all gifts are bought, wrapped and in right spot
-Christmas cards are out
-Lesson plans, peek of the week, sub notes are all ready
-everything is ready for the class party on Friday
-student gifts wrapped
-thank you's written for the chapstick, dt, mountain dew, leopard print necklace, cherry cordials and bubble bath I received from students
-classroom clean and organized
-Neighbor lined up to take care of cat
-Mail stopped

I. am. ready. Anything not brought can be purchased at a premium price on the trip. Now, I will leave you with a little Minnesota poem in my wake...

MINNESOTA POEM.........

It's winter in Minnesota

And the gentle breezes blow

seventy miles an hour

at twenty-five below

Oh, how I love Minnesota

When the snow's up to your butt

You take a breath of winter

And your nose gets frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around

I could never leave Minnesota

'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

Sorry, can't claim to have written this literacy masterpiece, but it's true!!

6 comments:

DESJ and Company said...

Hope you have an AMAZING time!

Gardner Momma said...

Once again I am jealous!
And once again (if you have a moment) I need you to walk me through moving that dumb cutest blog on the block thing from it's annoying place on my blog.
Pretty please?

Gardner Momma said...

Nevermind, I figured it out. Yay! And yes, it really was far more simpler than I could've imagined and now I DO feel that dumb. Thank you for cluing me in, I was always aggravated by it but didn't know what to do about it.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hello, super Mom. What a list! I got tired just reading it. The items that you received from your students really made me laugh. Leopard print necklace and mountain dew? BTW, what is "dt"?

Have fun in Florida!

-Francesca

PS: Thanks for directing me towards the source of your blog design. Much appreciated!

Erica said...

Hope you are having a good time down here! The weather has been great! I can't imagine all that snow ya'll get, I've only been in snow twice!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!