
You know? When you start your week by passing a really slow car on the road, only to realize it is someone you know, and they are going the same place as you, it will be a good week. Good thing it {wasn't me.} If I were the type to do something so silly, I certainly would not floor it to 70 mph, and try to get as much distance in between us as possible. I {would not} hurry into the meeting, throw off my jacket and try and make it seem like I'd been there forever.
Nope! Not me!
Then certainly the same woman {would not}- ahem- fry bacon in her underwear. And have grease splatter and hit her in the thigh (and blister.) If a woman were to do such a silly thing, she would certainly not admit it to her coworkers.
This same woman? Whose husband was out of town for 4 days this week? She {did not} allow her children to watch SpongeBob so she could get 29 minutes of blessed peace. Nope, not me!
Since I am such a tough cookie, I {would never} sleep with 2 phones, a bat and lights on when my husband was gone. Then forget to lock the door. Not me! I am much smarter than that. (Notice I didn't tell you until after he was home to protect me. By snoring loudly through all the noises.)
In conclusion, this woman {did not} set a new running record for milage this week! 46 miles! Neither is she packed and ready to go to Florida this week! Yippee!
I'm off. I have to admit I {am not} excited to read your lists. I {have not} come to smile when I see familiar names on the list and think, "YaY!, I can see what she was up to this week!" You know, since I know you and all. Not me!
Nope! Not me!
Then certainly the same woman {would not}- ahem- fry bacon in her underwear. And have grease splatter and hit her in the thigh (and blister.) If a woman were to do such a silly thing, she would certainly not admit it to her coworkers.
This same woman? Whose husband was out of town for 4 days this week? She {did not} allow her children to watch SpongeBob so she could get 29 minutes of blessed peace. Nope, not me!
Since I am such a tough cookie, I {would never} sleep with 2 phones, a bat and lights on when my husband was gone. Then forget to lock the door. Not me! I am much smarter than that. (Notice I didn't tell you until after he was home to protect me. By snoring loudly through all the noises.)
In conclusion, this woman {did not} set a new running record for milage this week! 46 miles! Neither is she packed and ready to go to Florida this week! Yippee!
I'm off. I have to admit I {am not} excited to read your lists. I {have not} come to smile when I see familiar names on the list and think, "YaY!, I can see what she was up to this week!" You know, since I know you and all. Not me!
17 comments:
The driving to work one happens alot to me I work an hour earlier than everyone else so when I see them it means I am running late and I speed past them hoping they won't see me and then trying to get in the office to look like I have been there a while!
Have fun in Florida it is going to be in the 70's and 80's all week! Blah what I wouldn't give for some snow.
ouch!! At least you WERE wearing underwear, or there is no telling where the grease might have hit you...;-)
Hey thanks for popping in on me, my cards are almost done, :)!! I love your blog!
I am actually shocked that I woke up before the alarm this morning. Love your not Mes and found you through MckMama!!!
~Elyse~
I too have a snoring through everything protective husband.
Have fun in Florida. We're freezing here at -1.
That woman who was frying bacon in her underwear sounds like she would get along with the woman who put away groceries and organized her kitchen cabinets in jeans & bra, but that wasn't me :)
http://itsnotoverafter30.blogspot.com/2008/12/it-wasnt-me_15.html
WELL HELLO IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET YOU! YES BUSY BEE THAT IS FOR SURE . WHAT A BLESSING IT IS TO MEET SOMEONE NEW, WEATHER YOU STUMBLED ON MY BLOG OR WHJAT EVER GOD DID TO BRING YOU IN MY PATH I'M GREATFUL AND BLESSED TO HAVE MET YOU. YOU BLOG IS ADORABLE AS WELL THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY AND AGIN AS A AT HOME MAMA OF TWO GIRLS AGES 8 TURNING 9 NEW YEARS AND A 2 1/2 YEAR OLD ITS SO NICE TO TALK AND INTERACT WITH ADULTS LOL PLEASE DUE COME BY again as i sure would like to stop by and read your blog and follow alkong as well. thanks a bunch till next week have to run a busy been bnow wraping gifts for the helpers at choir. blessinga michelle
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Cute header & blog!
Oh my gosh LOVE your Not Me's today! I have done the speeding-past-someone-I-Know thing too..... ugh. I am soo so so insanely jealous of your running mileage this week. Between pregnancy, lack of child-care, darkness at 4pm, and extreme cold my mileage last week was like 2 I think. Oh dear. Have fun in Florida!!
Only 29 minutes of Sponge Bob? You're a saint!
Have a great trip! And while you're gone, chew on this:
Minneapolis is having an inaugural marathon on May 31st! Part of Team Ortho's race series... :) So if Stillwater ends up being cancelled, you have an alternative. :)
Now, go do something in your underwear.
I just happened upon your list from MckMamma's and I love it! I laughed (especially at the driving and frying bacon in your underwear) and I related (to the Spongebob- hate and love that show b/c of the content and break it provides me sometimes). Stop by Gravity of Motion. I posted a Not Me! list today, too.
Oh, I love your Not Me's! I've left the door unlocked when my DH was gone as well--of course he was once gone 5 days a week for 6 months so it was easy to slip up. Hope you escape the cold and enjoy your cruise!
LOL, Great list. I agree about the feel safe snoring. Weird huh??
Orah said what I was gonna. Could you imagine if you WEREN'T wearing the unders? Hmm? Yeouch.
SOOO FUNNY! :)
Oh! I laughed LOUD at the bacon frying incident!! For years my smartiemouth comment to people is something like, "Sure, I've got a tip for ya - Don't ever fry bacon in the nude!" I never really thought I'd see someone blog about a bacon frying/partially clothed incident. What a hoot!
Post a Comment