My man.
Love him, but he is a man.
He plans a breakfast meeting with his team at work (or rather his assistant does, she is the social planner for the office)
Corey offers to bring homemade donuts, bacon and sausage. There, my friends, his work ends.
And mine begins.
He comes home, “Honey, I need to make donuts, bacon and sausage for a meeting next Wednesday.”
Guess who buys the supplies?
On Tuesday night, he comes home.
“I need to fry up the stuff for breakfast in the morning.”
Me: “Yes, you do”
Cut forward 1.5 hours
Corey: “I have to fry the stuff up for breakfast in the morning.”
Me: “Yes, you do”
Cut forward 1.13 hours
Corey: “I have to fry the stuff up for breakfast in the morning.”
Me: “Yes, you do”
Another 30 minutes passes, same scenario.
Why doesn’t he just say what he really means:
WOMAN, FRY THE STUFF FOR BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING!!
(and yes, I did.)
Men.
Endnote: THANK YOU so much for your wonderful, supportive comments on my post yesterday. They warmed my heart, truly. Corey and I had an awesome talk as well (I believe he almost wants me home next year. You know, to fry bacon and stuff.) I feel better than I did yesterday, which was a pretty gloomy day.
7 comments:
What does your MAN do for a living?
Nothing wrong with a little fried food! And...well...if you hadn't, who would've?
STAY HOME STAY HOME! Just kidding, I am sure you guys will do what God leads you to do as a couple! I am just partial to staying home, because, well another SAHP would be great!
Hmmmm....
I'm trying to imagine Corey in the kitchen, making donuts and frying up sausage. For some reason my mind is coming up blank....
...........he would, but only because I hate bacon so much I gag at the smell of it!
Hahahahahahaha!
Who won your contest?
Lol, so funny how in some ways they are all the same!
Homemade donuts, I'm impressed.
Men.... :)
Glad to hear you're feeling better about things. Try not to worry and know that if you end up staying home, it will all work out. My hubby is a SAHP and it works great for our situation!
It sounded like a child coming home from school needing help with a school project...Mom to the rescue. HA! HA! I live with a MAN too...challenging;}
I saw you at June's so I thought I would check out your blog.
Post a Comment