1.22.2009

I live with 3 men...

I live with 3 men. While this means I am able to use all the handbag and shoe money for myself, it does mean my toilet is nasty at times and wrestling with daddy rules the day.

My husband? No, he doesn't eat much, but he does think he is pretty witty. For example? Yesterday, I hit my head on my trunk. (Don't ask, this stuff happens to me all the time.) I sent Corey the following email, letting him know of my pain:

Hi. I accidentally hit my head really hard on the trunk of the car this morning. The blunt force trauma has caused me to have a goose egg and I have forgotten how to cook. You will have to find alternate dinner plans this evening.
Your loving wife

His reply?

Wow...what a coincidence! I hit my head this morning too. I totally
can't remember where to have my check deposited.

Sorry ladies, he's taken. (As if I wouldn't call his admin. assistant and track that check down like a cougar on a hunt.)

To answer your question- What do we eat? Here you go:
A revolving menu of
Spaghetti (meat for him, none for me)
Muffins (as in blueberry muffins w/0 the blueberries, because he doesn't eat them)
French Toast
Pancakes
Hamburgers (I choose an alternative for me and boys)
Steak/Pork for him Fish/Chicken for me and boys
Taco Ring (he could eat this every night)

There you go. Welcome to my life. About 3 weeks in, we start to get sick of the same old, and I try to throw new ideas out. I did introduce him to a new menu item- quesadillas! (Totilla, meat and cheese, what could be easier?)

He is a wonderful husband and *amazing* daddy, and I love his picky tush to death. As Elijah said at the dentist last week, "My daddy? He loves to wrestle with me so much. When he gets home, he can't wait to wrestle with me. And my daddy? He is the best tickler in the world. You should see sometime." (Let's hope the dental hygenist does not take us up on that)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL, he has sharp wit! I have always wished I could think on my toes like that.

And by the way, WHEN do you squeeze in these long runs that you take? Do you work everyday as a teacher?

Sarah said...

LOL. Your posts crack me up.

My three year old just told me she could eat "taco boats" for every meal....a scoop chip filled with meat, beans, and cheese. Yah, I could do that for her :) She even let me put a tomato on it!

Crystal said...

LOL my mom picked up my niece and brought her over here the other day and my sister texts her when she got home where is Kaity? and my mom said I sold her to the gypsies lol. My sister came back with I hope you got a good price :-P.

Debbie said...

Sounds like you two are equally matched.

Christie said...

...cougar on a hunt!! Too funny!

Cascia Talbert said...

I really enjoyed reading your post.

I just found your blog and love it! I'm looking forward to reading more.

LucieP said...

love the label for this post!

I dislike cooking too!
Do you have a crockpot? I go through phases...but there is some yum stuff you can cook in there --even spaghetti!

My BD would respond to my email the same way....love!

Jazzy said...

Core is funny. Well actually you both are! That's why we love ya!