1.11.2009

Not me Monday!



You ever have one (or 8) of those weeks where you can't remember any of your Not Me's? And it stresses you out more than it should, considering it is just a fun post time? Not a major life altering thing, after all. But, it does, so much so, that you consider making up your Not Me's? Yeah, me neither.
Moving on.
My earlier post? The one about going shopping all by myself? I did not have me an awesome time. While sitting at the benefit makeup counter, the make up artist starting talking to me about my "beauty regime." I did not think to myself "By beauty regime, do you mean whatever makeup I can throw on at stoplights and in parking lots?"
Upon coming home from the shopping trip (the one I took all by myself! All day!) I showed my husband all my purchases. Dually impressed (or at least smart enough to pretend,) he asked what I spent. Upon telling him, he did not respond, "Oh, that's all?" Stupid, Stupid, Stupid me!
Speaking of stupid, Asher has not added that to his wonderful little vocab. He does not walk around calling everything 'tupid. "tupid cat, go 'way" or "not tell Asher no, dat 'tupid!!"
Lovely.
I am off. Be checking all yours soon!

21 comments:

Christie said...

Great post! I had so many more too but when I sit at the computer all of my creative juices stop flowing...oh well, part of going on 35 maybe? I also mentioned you in my post this morning so check it out, have a great day!!

Stephanie said...

Hilarious about the "stupid" thing! My 4 year old never has done that. He tells me that stupid is a bad word if he hears me say it. I'm sure my 19 month old will be the one to come out with stuff like that. She's the typical second child!

Check out my Not Me's!

Sarah said...

Today was one of those weeks for me..I had nothing to post. I need to start riting stuff down!

Sarah said...

or maybe start checking my spelling on comments before I post them :)

Anonymous said...

HAAAAA!! I LOVE it! And we'll just all play even though MckMama is late! LOL

I did mine last night, and then blogged again after it! LOL

Chris said...

Hi! Found your blog through THAT family's... I'm a SAHM to two boys too. Recommended your runner blog to my friend berrygirl at http://berryblogerific.blogspot.com
because she's an avid runner with two boys too. Nice to meet you.

ash said...

beauty regime...hmmmmm, I did not spend $150 at the clinique counter on new year's eve because the girl convinced me that it was a new year which means a new look. all of the said product is not still sitting on my dresser. that would be wasteful...not me!

Anonymous said...

Love the 'tupid remarks. It sounds so much cuter from a little one than from us, doesn't it?

Beth E. said...

Haha! Those are great! I loved your little one's newly expanded vocab. "'Tupid cat." lol Too cute!

T

Gardner Momma said...

Sounds like you need to plan you another shopping trip. Since you obviously did not spend enough.....

Jenilee said...

I think they did. Luckily, I had showered LATE on Saturday due to other kid related things so I didn't feel too gross. :) oh the joys of being mom! I also greatly dislike housework by the way! :)

Crazee Juls said...

Shopping by yourself?!? I'm so jealous ;-)

Aimee' said...

Thanks for stopping by! I looooove shopping trips ALONE! =) They are the best.

Brooke said...

Happy Not Me! Monday :) I can't remember the last time I had a beauty regime - I'm happy I get to brush my teetH!

Anonymous said...

lol awesome! I was SO excited last night when I had something to post today! And you little boy sounds like my munchkin!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

So funny! Your kids are too cute. I have problems every week remembering my Not Me's too...but then they just kind of flow out once I've started. Thanks for sharing!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny! Congrats on your shopping trip. I am NOT hoping desperately to get one of those soon!

Jane Anne said...

I loved this - what ever make-up you can throw on at a stop light! I can SO relate. I have weeks like yours, too. I also have weeks like this past week where I had so many Not me moments on my mind, I had to leave some out b/c my post was getting so long!!
My boys are on a kick right now where they are constantly talking about the words they aren't allowed to say - like calling each other stupid. Effective way to keep talking about what they want, I guess!

McCrakensx4 said...

Thanks for blogging by. Seems as though we have a few things in common! I am always stressing about my Not Me's! Oh well, such as life! Cute post...have a great week :)

Leanna said...

Oh, I can't begin to tell you how many times a day something pops into my crazy little brain and I think 'OMG, I should blog about that'...yea, maybe I should just try getting it on a sticky as a reminder first. ;)

Kirsty said...

LOL we must share a beauty regime...I think its a pretty popular one!