1.25.2009

Not me Monday!


Ready to get it all off your chest? Admit to things you really did not do/witness/experience this last week? Me too. 

If you happened to read my post from last week, you remember our brownies were attacked by a 2 year old. However, we were much smarter this week, so Asher was {not} able to do this: 


to our cake. {thank goodness for frosting!} 

Always conscious about what I say in front of others, I {did not} stick
 my foot in my mouth by telling a coworker about how I had to go back to the dentist, because my "old, past retirement age dentist had missed a cavity." Did I mention my coworker is 64?!?! Oops. 

I {do not} think it is adorable how my boys like to sleep in the same bed at night sometimes. All snuggled in together, they {do not} melt my heart. 
And you know? Just because I make popcorn at work nearly everyday on my prep does not mean that I {do not} occasionally *crisp* it. However, my students would *never* rat their teacher out, announcing to their specialist, "Ahh, burnt popcorn, I bet it is Mrs. T, she always burns her popcorn!" I {am not} beginning to get a reputation around school as the teacher who doesn't know how to microwave popcorn. It {isn't} me! It is the microwave, I swear! 

• Speaking of the same class? I {did not} put a staple in my finger in front of them this week. Then, as the staple sat in my finger, as they asked, "Wow, does that hurt?," did I respond, "Nope, no pain at all...none." #$%# 

Let's all send good vibes and prayers for MckMama's family this week. I am truly excited for her. A cruise is the perfect way for her and PC to bond with their miracle baby, and each other. I have been on 3 cruises, and they are amazing in how they pamper you, and look after your needs (clean room! twice a day!) 

32 comments:

Christie said...

Funny list, love the cake picture~ I don't know if anyone ever told you but, you're not supposed to stick staples in your fingers!! lol, great list and happy Monday!!

Kameron said...

You're going to have to invest in a lock box for your baked goods pretty soon!! Great not mes!

Ohilda said...

Great Not Me's!!! And ouch! A stapled finger? I did that in 6th grade fooling around with the teacher's stapler, and I will NEVER forget it!!!

Blessings,

Ohilda

Stephanie said...

That looks like about EVERY cake that I make - before my kids get into them. I really want to take a cake decorating class. Maybe I should take a cake BAKING class too...or do they teach you that in cake decorating, too? :)

Hilarious about the popcorn, too! There is nothing worse that burnt popcorn!

Jenn said...

Found your blog on MckMama's---you are too funny, woman! Love it!

Julie said...

Love the pic of the boys in bed together...SO sweet!

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Great not Me's!!!!

heidi said...

I love when my kids get all snuggly together. I get to pretend, for a moment, that they like each other. :-)

One would find my email address in my profile area, yk, if they were looking.

Or they could just use this: heidimt2003@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

My boys STILL sleep all warm and cuddly together. ;) And they would DIE if they knew I just told you. LOL So good thing I didn't.

erin said...

ugghhh... burnt popcorn. i'm SURE it's the microwave since you're a rock star at microwaving!

i did not just read more of your blog at love it! :-)

Sarah said...

Great Not Me post!!! Love the sweet picture of your boys.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great list! That pic of your boys did NOT melt my heart too! Do you mind me asking how close in age they are? My boys are 15 months and they remind me of your boys.
Happy Not Me Monday!

Crystal said...

Someones got a sweet tooth :-P and the popcorn so brought back a memory from highschool when a teacher burnt some in the microwave in the teachers lounge and the fire alarm went off :-X... LMAO.

Amy Bennett said...

Great list!

Megan R. said...

The cake picture cracked me up!!! I totally would have had to swear in front of the class if I stapled my finger. Maybe that's why Im not a teacher....I have a potty mouth! I think I'm in big trouble when C starts picking up words...

Shell in AZ said...

Here's a teacher story I'm sure you can appreciate...

When I taught second grade, one of my best and brightest accidentally stapled her middle finger. After a few tears and hugs and removing the staple, she insisted that she needed to go to the nurse to have it looked at. Since she'd been a trooper, and because she was a good kid who did not usually look for ways to get out of class, I gave her a pass and told her to go ahead.
As she was exiting the room, my principal was walking in. She stopped the student and asked, "Ella, where are YOU going?"
Sweet Ella looked innocently up at my boss, raised her middle finger, and replied, "To the nurse," and went on her way.
Yeah...I had to explain that one.

tara said...

LOL, you sound like me! I would so burn popcorn and stick a staple in my finger!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I have trouble with that popcorn thing too.

Brooke said...

Happy Not Me! Monday. I think I'd like to come to your place for desserts, pieces missing out of the middle and all!

Megan said...

I have also definitely never stuck my foot in my mouth like that!! And, when I was a teacher, my students NEVER told on my when I burned my popcorn. (Sometimes I'd bribe them by sharing, but that's neither here nor there!!)

Jane Anne said...

I have a little guy that loves to get his hands in the dessert, too. Sorry to hear about the staple - ouch!

Check out my Not Me! Monday Post

Anonymous said...

My cakes turn out like that all the time and I don't have a little one to mess them up. Not fair.

I've stapled myself too and I know it hurts. Ouch!

E @ Scottsville said...

Ha ha ha - sabotaged brownies and cake, huh? Somebody's got a sweet tooth!

Enjoyed your NOT ME's!

Gardner Momma said...

I knew I liked you for a reason - I'm a popcorn freak too! Make it at least once a day - and do not like sharing.
And I also get major foot-in-mouthitis as well..... I'm sure she forgave you!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

So funny! I frequently burn my popcorn. I put it in and push the stinkin popcorn button, half the time it comes out perfect and the other half its brown. I don't get it. I totally think its the microwave too!

I'm not sure I could have stayed calm with a staple in my finger, I may have gotten myself in trouble with some 4 letter words...

Love your Not me's!

Elyse said...

LOVE your NMM!!! I have so stapled my fingers before and not so nice words come out...oops! Love your list...maybe the cake needs to be higher :)
~Elyse~

Kacey said...

That was a great post! Crazy how those 2 year olds can get to cake no matter what!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great Not Me's. I can't believe you stayed so calm with a staple in your finger. Ouch!

seriously? said...

I love that you said the word "prep" in your not me mondays post and I knew instantly that you were a teacher. Staple to the finger is never good...sorry and if it means anything, I would have belted out some obscenities and swore them to secrecy. I'm just sayin...

Crystal said...

Oh oh I gave you an award check it out :-)

Debbie said...

Oh, the idea of you stapling your finger in front of that class makes me hurt. And yes, frosting can fix anything.

Alicia said...

Funny Not Me's! Its Not Me that has to remove my foot from my mouth either:)