Moving along with the story, before I drag it on so long you can't remember what I was talking about. Or did that already happen? Anyway...
I asked Elijah after school if he told his teacher all about rouge waves.
Elijah: "Yeah, I told her about them."
Me: "Do you think she already knew what rogue waves were?" (Just making conversation..you know, like stellar mothers like myself do.)
Elijah: "No, I don't think so mom, she is only a kindergarten teacher you know."
"I don't think she watches big people shows like that."
It makes me nervous what my students think of my intellect! I mean, I dance and rap in class already, so I must be of 1st grade intellect?!
Secondly, Asher? If you know more about child development than me, maybe you you can give me a tip.
Whenever we tell him something like, "No Asher, you can't write on the walls with a crayon." His answer? "NO, Asher not a dump truck!"
At daycare? His provider asked him to step away from the TV, his response? "Asher is not a dump truck!!!"
I don't recall us ever calling him a dump truck, but hey, he's right, he is not a dump truck.
He came into the house last week all out of breath. "Gotta come in. Da birds gonna eat me."
What?!?
"Birds gonna eat Asher."
Naturally, I told him birds eat bird food and not Ashers, but I still catch him glancing at the sky ominously.
Perhaps I should've titled this post: This Mother Needs Help.
14 comments:
Uh oh, he's becoming paranoid already. ;) Keep an eye on that one.
I have the intellect of a third grader most days...I like to think it makes me relatable to the kiddos.
"Only a kindergarten teacher" - love it, so cute!
By the way, are you thinking of joining MckMama on her cruise?
both wise beyond their years.
I love this post because I get to spend my day having conversations with kindergarteners that are an awful lot like that.
Just know this...coming from someone who works with these little guys as well as has two of them at home, they all are a little "off" until they get to be about 23 years old. Did I tell you I was hissed at recently by a student? Now, there are some issues!!!
oh my! I cracked up about the "birds gonna eat Asher". I'm just waiting for these days!! the things little ones come up with.
Did you get the painting done??
That Asher is too funny!
My love and adoration for you was totally reconfirmed with this post.
1) You rap. So do I.
2) Your son is not a dump truck. My son recently came to the realization that he is not Mater from the movie Cars.
Keep it street, yo.
Till next time,
Wenda
Didn't you ever see that Hitchcock movie? Birds are scary:)
It makes me wonder what goes through their little minds at this point. :o)
Um btw you never got back to me about the moms day 5K. Can you do that one???? I want to register soon so that I don't chicken out:)
Oh man, way too funny!!!!!! Kids are the most effective form of entertainment (expensive too, but they're worth it!!)
those boys are too much! and i'm telling you, it's only gonna get more interesting!
Post a Comment