Not me! The husband version
This {is not} the culprit of the crimes below. My husband is kind, sensitive and generous.
Have you been to MckMama's? She came up with this awesome idea to share all the things we did not do during the previous week. My list? Usually short, because, well, I am perfect. Wait...
I {did not} get my domestic goddess on Friday night (at about 11 p.m.) and decide to iron my husbands shirts for the week. Whoo-hoo! This {did not} occur because I felt slightly guilty about not making dinner at all this week. Upon noticing my extremely generous domesticity, my husband {did not} say, "Honey, can you come down here for a minute?" I'm all, "sure babe, I am here to see to your needs." He {did not} follow this with, "I want to show you how to properly iron a shirt collar." Wow. Has 10 years of marriage not taught him anything?
Again, this same man? He always learns his lesson. So, it could not have been him who asked, "Hon, are you going to make a scrapbook for Elijah's papers and keepsakes from school?" Me?I {did not} reply, "Umm, sure. I guess I can get some scrapbookie thing at the craft store. Just don't expect me to get all crafty and start going to scrap weekends." I mean, if I started crafting, it would leave me less time to clean, and that would suck.
Going in for the kill, my dear husband {did not} threaten to return my birthday gift because I bought myself a couple of little things for my birthday. (okay, a Coach purse and CHI flat iron, how was I to know he would surprise me with something?!?)
Lastly, Corey did not turn to me tonight and say, "Why are the boys being such animals tonight?!?!" Upon hearing this Asher did not say, "I not an elephant!" No sweetheart, you are not an elephant!
41 comments:
Wow - you actually ironed! I'm not sure I could feel that much guilt. cute post
Great not me monday I thought your not me's were great.
I was also wondering if you would like to take part in tribute tuesday a blgo on my page it is a chance to pay tribute to some one who lights up your life. it has a mr linky so the world can see your tribute to a wonderful person.
Oh too cute! I don't even know where our iron is... so you've got me beat there!
Though MEN do seem to be rather dense about some things they should learn to keep to themselves! :)
(My husband is glaring at me whilst he watches me typing this!)
Great not me's! That's funny about the "animal". My hubby said that once too, and my son said, 'no I'm a little boy." heh!
Ohilda
Happy Not Me! Monday. Congrats on being #5 on the blog carnival this week! Woo-hoo! Lots of fun blogging traffic for you :)
Oh ironing good work! I dont iron unless my work shirt is VERY VERY WRINKLED and even then I usually try and toss it in the dryer for a few minutes to see if that works first lol.
I can't recall the last time I ironed. You impress me.
Cute! Men can be trained but it really takes a long time lol~ btw, what's an iron?? hahaha
We have a rule about buying items near birthdays...speciality items especially.
My Not Me Monday post
Thanks for the Monday morning laugh! I needed it.
My hubby does all his ironing, and I have no problem admitting that he does it better than I do.
Good luck with my giveaway.
What's 'ironing'?
I love it!! My husband did that once to me to, trying to tell me HOW to properly iron his shirts! I have NEVER ironed another shirt again:)!! Happy Monday!!
Very impressive using an iron! :)
Fun list, husbands are interesting creatures. :) :)
Love it! I suck at ironing too. That's why it's fabulous that we have a dry cleaner right down the road!
WOOHOOO!!! Go you Domestic Goddess!
Such a great list of NMM's this week. I am actually surprised that you husband lived to see the rest of the week after the ironing comment.
You are a super-giving wife.
-Francesca
I love your list. My FIL criticized my MIL's ironing when they were newly weds. She hasn't ironed anything for him since.
Haha! Very funny not me's. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my first "Not Me! Monday" post. :)
I have NO idea where the iron is in my house....let alone if we even have one. I am totally serious too! Great NMM post!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Wow, now THAT's funny. The last time I ever ironed anything was when I nearly burned a whole in my wedding dress. And that was 12 years ago...
And, um, yep, a Chi flat iron is on my list, too. ;-)
Leslie
Now that was a good one. I'm impressed with the ironing-I can't even remember the last time I ironed!
Ironing???? Wow!!! I got rid of anything that needed ironing! I do stand there when the dryer stops to hang everything up though!
Great NotMes!
LeAnn
Yea, I would never have started slapping him when he mentioned the ironing. "Why don't you do it YOURSELF" would never have come out of my mouth. No sir-ee-Bob!
=0)
Great Not Me's.
Erica
Yikes! I think my last one would be: "I do not have a dead husband"!
That reminded me of one I didn't include- I do not have a husband that gave away some can goods for a can good drive that I was planning to use for dinner one night this week. I am not going to make him go to the store and re-buy them. Nope-not me!
What a great list!
Visit my Not Me! Monday post.
That last one it too funny... er, it would be if it had happened! ; )
Ironing and I are enemies for life...
Oh that was funny! :) Have a great week!
Hilarious!
Just found your blog and wanted to say hi!
your 'not me' list was so funny!
super-impressed by your ironing extravaganza!
What a cute blog!
cute not me's! sounds like something my hubby would say...but I think he's accepted that I just don't iron well! He stopped asking a long time ago!
LOL. Great birthday gifts! It would be the year you are surprised with something.
Your blog is great! I not have one more to read while I avoid cleaning :)
thanks for coming to my site. Great Not Me Monday. You would think our hubbys would learn. take care
Hreat not me Mondays..:)
Oh, girl, buy no-iron (or nearly no-iron) shirts for your man! I get hubby the shirts that are a polyester/cotton blend. I dry them for about 5 minutes, then pull them out of the dryer and hang them up slightly damp.
I rarely us an iron! I would suggest to hubby that if your ironing isn't up to his standards, then he should iron those shirts himself!!! I bet he wouldn't say another word about your ironing! haha
Great NM's. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love to meet new bloggy buddies! :o)
ironing - wow! I know we own an iron but not an ironing board... I think in the 4 years I have lived here we have used it once! Great not me's!
P.S. I have gotten a couple threats of returned gifts as well since I can't help but wait!
Oh my goodness...can not believe that hubby told you :) Great NMM!
~Elyse~
Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comment about my girls. You are a better woman than I, my hubs does all his own ironing. He was in the Marine Corps and I still have alot to learn about ironing a pleat, so he says.
Yeah, I'm agreeing with SpunkyRed(Kara) on this one~~You actually ironed? That might be considered impressive!
The best one by far was your hubs trying to "learn you" on proper collar ironing technique!
Have a great week,
Pam
I love your site, and I would never buy myself my own birthday or christmas presents, not me. Thanks for visiting my blog.
At least your dear husband got you something for your birthday...even if he did take it back! I got jack squat last year. My b-day is coming up soon, so he better put some thought into! Maybe a nice tanning bed package would do! Hmmmm...now how to drop the hint.
Wow, woman... you are BRAVE. I would never, ever iron. Why open that pandora's box? If I ever DID iron, I'd make sure to burn a big ol'hole in the middle of a shirt, that way I'd never be asked again!! Ironing... not for me. Especially his clothes... if he wants to be wrinkle free, he can get himself some Oil of Olay and grab himself an iron... 'nuff said.
I think it's possible that I'd rather cook, LOL!
"I am here to see to your needs", LOLOL! You're hilarious!
Post a Comment