2.15.2009

Not Me!!


Have you checked out MckMama yet? If not, head over, she's a keeper. 

My list? Well, I have already admitted to a few in my last post, so I'm only left with a few, couple, several  things I did not do this week. 

I consider myself to be a pretty fair teacher. Even so, I have my limits. And one poor soul reached them this week when she told me, "I didn't really like what you assigned, so I didn't do it."  Maybe, just maybe, I could have handled this if she didn't already have 6 missing/late assignments in a month, or, if I hadn't helped her come up with ideas and introductions. And, if earlier that week she hadn't told me she didn't want to go on the field trip because, "It sounds boring."  I {did not} anticipate this event happen, and when she told me she wasn't done, say, "That's  fine. I wrote one for you, and you can read it to the class."  

When I was diligently slaving over dinner on night, I most certainly {did not} drop my husband's pork chop on the floor. After looking at it for 8 seconds (yes, 3 past the 5 second rule), I {did not} decide to just pick it up and put it back on the grill. He survived. 

While at Chuck E Cheese last night? I {did not} get a little caught up in the games and take some tokens from my boys. When they asked to play a game, I {did not} say, "Just let mommy play one more game..." (I snapped out and off we went to ride the tractor 17 times.)

Finally, after Asher wetting the bed several nights this week, despite all our attempts to limit liquid (I swear he is like a camel who holds it till 3 a.m.) I {did not} put Asher to bed wearing a disposable diaper, cloth diaper and plastic coated training pants. When he saw the plastic training pants, he {did not} walk slloowwly backwards away from them saying, "I can't wear 
'dose', sorry. No fank you." 
(notice how he's covering his face in shame? Notice how I took a pic and posted it on my blog anyway?) 

Have an awesome week, I can't wait to read your comments and check yours out! 

33 comments:

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I love it...he's too precious! I get very caught up in playing games, I am NOT allowed to go to Dave and Busters very often. I spend WAY too much money. Great Not Me's!

heidi said...

Poor Asher. You're so mean. I bet he'll need therapy when he grows up. Plastic pants...*SMH* disgraceful.

Jennifer said...

Your son's reaction to the plastic pants is not precious!!! What a cutie.

forever folding laundry said...

Oh yes, the bed-wetting phase. So frustrating!! Hope you make it through without too many loads of laundry. At my house it always seemed like someone would have an accident right after I changed the sheets. Good luck!

Mary Teresa said...

Chuck-e-Cheese is a GREAT date night. Not that I've ever done that. Not me! =D

Jenn said...

As a former teacher myself (I still sub occasionally) I find that first bit HILARIOUS!

If only we could all do that in life: "I'm sorry, I didn't really like that rear explosion you just sent into your diaper, so I'm not going to change it."

I wonder if we could use that to get out of tax-paying, too.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I posted about the 5 second rule today too. I love that you (did not) take tokens to play games yourself.

Anonymous said...

Well I frankly LOVED your response to the student! BAHAHAHA!

And I couldn't put it on MY blog because our Youth minister AND Pastor both read it, but I think you'll enjoy this: it was NOT my husband you told one of the youth girls Wed night at church that she looked like a slut! :0 OH MY! But it also wasn't the BILLIONTH time she was caught TOTALLY makin' out AT CHURCH with her boyfriend RIGHT in front of the entire youth dept! She didn't understand what was so wrong with it....so my husband told her...OOPS! LOL

Sometimes the truth MUST be told!

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Oh the shame of diapers!!

How could you?? How could you?? ;)

BlogBaby

Elyse said...

HILARIOUS about the bed wetting protection! You totally crack me up! I did not stalk MckMama's blog last night/this am to post! Btw, your student cracks me up!
Happy Monday!!!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

That pic of your son is hilarious, like a celebrity trying to avoid the paparazzi. :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Asher continually cracks me up. The things he says are very much like my own son..."No fank you, I do not want to go to bed" or "No fank you, I do not want to use the toliet." Why are boys such a challenge to potty train?

At least we have our blogs and one another, my friend.

I left you a bit of link love on our blog today. If you are interested, check it out. You'll just have to figure out which link is yours, which hopefully should not be too hard!

http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/2009/02/really-25.html

-Francesca

Mommy Mo said...

There's a five second rule?

When I was night training my daughter, I would take her potty one more time BEFORE I went to bed, to help her through the night. She would barely wake up to potty, then she would go straight back to bed, no problem. she eventually outgrew needing that potty break.

Alicia said...

Great Not Me's! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Asher is too cute in his plastic training underwear! Have a great Monday!

Kim said...

Well, at least you didn't post a picture of him peeing on the toilet ;)
Thanks for visiting my blog. You totally should make that cake. I posted the link to the recipe in a few posts...so you'll just have to read through and find it. It is really divine and you can smoosh your face in it like a one-year-old ;)

Kameron said...

My kid pees through his diaper almost every night. i stopped giving him liquids past dinner and it still doesn't work. That is such a cute picture!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I can't even count the number of times I've dropped food on the floor and fed it to my husband! I'll never tell him, though! Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! That's one for his first date maybe?
And 8 seconds, hah that's nothing. My kids will wait several hours and find food on the floor and last time I left the computer to check they were doing fine! ;)

Popping over from MckMama's!

Staci said...

I am sooooo with you on the pork chop...HAHA! He brings it on himself though when he won't let me throw out moldy cheese. He cuts the moldy parts off and will eat the rest...YUCK! A little dirt and grass won't kill him if the mold doesn't :) I also loved the one with the student...been there!

E @ Scottsville said...

OH you will definitely win the "Mother of the Year Award" for that photo! ha ha ha

I'm lovin' it!

Brooke said...

Make sure to bring that picture out when he starts dating! It will sure to delay the dating years by a few more :)

Pam said...

I am absolutely positive that Asher will not need years of therapy for having his picture splashed across the world wide web wearing 3 layers of pee protection all while doing his best to conseal his identity! There's no way that would ever affect him psychologically or anything. ;-)

The pork chop...been there, done that, too. I'm just impressed you were cooking dinner that night.

Have a great week,
Pam

K said...

That last one is too funny! I love it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I grew up in MN and do not miss the cold at all! Brrr...

Jenn said...

That's funny--I was full time for two years before going down to subbing. I love the actual teaching...it's the planning and report cards, etc, that go to me.

I was doing K-8 music full time, and will go in to sub wherever I'm needed K-8.

Jenni said...

I love the picture at the end of Asher! Whatever works, right?

Lauren said...

My best friend and I do NOT have an unhealthy addiction to the basketball game at Chuck e Cheese!

We played 15 games in a row one time without even checking on the kids!

Amy W said...

So did all those layers of diapers help??? Was the bed dry in the morning? I loved the paparazzi photo of Asher hiding his face. So funny for a little guy in a thomas the tank engine shirt.... :))

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Fabulous post!!!!! I have never done the pork chop thing either...... :-)

Stephanie said...

The training pants thing is hilarious. I used to have to hold Ben down to put them on him and half the time he still peed thru them anyway.

A friend of mine suggested that I put three sets of sheets on the bed with a waterproof pad between each layer. That way, when they pee (which you know is going to happen) you can just strip the top layer to expose a clean, dry layer, change their clothes and get back to bed. It SOOOOOO worked for me. I went to the fabric store and bought some of the waterproof cloth which is a bigger version of the changing table pads or lap pads and are sold by the yard. I got some big enough to cover the whole pee area! Voila! 3 minutes of interrupted sleep instead of 20!

Let me know if it works for you!

Stellan Bracelets said...

My ten year old camel and my seven year old camel would get along wonderfully with your sweet, precious camel...

If you have any tips for making the camels last until morning, puh-lease let me know.

Anonymous said...

I think I officially love you. Reading your blog was the highlight of my day!!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Great not me's and I love the pork chop incident - that had me laughing out loud! I have {never} dropped food and just picked it up and used it anyway!

Sarah said...

So I'm just now catching up on my blog reading and all of these just crack me up. Poor little guy will be in the heat of his presidential campain when this picture resurfaces again. Then you will have to really beg him to let you live in the white house with him. At that point he might make you wear all of this :)