2.13.2009

I confess, I cannot live without my man

My husband is never allowed to leave the house overnight again. He had a business conference overnight last night, and had to spend the night. So, it was me and the boys. (Notice I didn’t mention this until after he was home? Now I don’t have to worry about strangers coming in to murder me in my sleep. But don’t try it anyway, I sleep with a bat, a cell phone and phone with me and the alarm system on.) We usually do quite well, watch movies and have fun, and enjoy a little relaxing time.
Last night? A bit different. First, I had to run to Target (don’t let the shock take you down.) Asher somehow managed to get his finger run over by the cart, and spent 5 minutes screaming, “I has a finger ache, I has a finger ache.”
Leaving the lot, I gave him some goldfish. He was almost tipping the container over and I turned to help him and BAM! I hit a cart corral. Oops.
Later that evening, Elijah put a pancake in the microwave- for 30 minutes. I found it after about 5, when the house filled with smoke. It took forever to calm him down, he was so scared he’d burn the house down.
At 3 a.m., Asher wet through his diaper, and by wet through, I mean, let Niagra Falls loose in his pants. I swear to goodness there was at least a gallon of urine there. He was crying and screaming for Daddy, and was torqued when Daddy wasn’t there.
Got him down and was up till 5 a.m.
At 6:30 a.m., I discovered my dad forgot to fill our wood boiler last night, and we had no heat or hot water. So, I am dirty at school today.
We’ve discussed it and Corey is never leaving me home alone again. Tonight? I am whisking him away for a romantic evening…I believe I owe him for the whole car thing.* 

*Surprisingly he was not angry with me about the whole little car incident 
After all, one time? He was in a canoe. With a broken arm. Holding a Canon Digital Rebel. Need I say more? 

7 comments:

LucieP said...

can you get any cuter?!

Ok that was seriously a rough story and probably what would happen to me too!

It was so hard for me to admit just how much I depend on my man--especially being a single parent for so long--I always considered myself invincible.

I hope ya'll have a great time tonight...you--er, I mean he deserves it! ;)

PS--It probably makes him feel great knowing how much you depend on him!

seriously? said...

Have so much fun tonight...sounds like you both deserve a wonderful evening. Glad to hear that you "discussed" this with your husband and he too agrees that he is never leaving. I mean, he can't be proud of his dirty wife, wet kid, and another kid with a finger ache. :)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I know exactly what you mean! It's been hell this week with my husband in the hospital and me home alone with our daughter. I swear I hear every bump and bang within a 8 mile radius of our house when he is not here!

Jennifer said...

That sounds a lot like me! When my hubby isn't home you can see me huddled in my bed with both of my kids and all of the phones that are in the house. :) I get so scared.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You poor thing! You hit the cart corral. Ugh. Any damage to your car?

Sadly, that is totally something I would do and I have the insurance rates to prove it. Luckily for me, my husband is a forgiving man too.

Enjoy your time together today!

-Francesca

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Oh my goodness..I'm glad you all survived your evening! I don't like it when my hubby is gone either, the dogs bark all night and it freaks me out.

Mommy Mo said...

OMG!!!! You made me laugh out loud. Please tell me that he did not drop the camera in the water...please?