3.30.2009

Not Me~ Stellan Style

Are you all not with me on worrying hard core about baby Stellan? 
Have you not found yourself...
- Checking your twitter at 3 a.m. when you get up to go to the bathroom?
~Showing your husband pictures of Stellan from MckMama's blog, talking about how sweet and adorable he is?
-Told all your friends at work, acting as if you know this sweet little baby in real life? 
~Though about what makes you so connected to the MckFamily, and realize it is because she is real? MckMama shares her family with us in a way that is open, humorous, honest and addictive. 
- Are you pretty sure that 7,853 of the over 1 million hits mycharmingkids.net has had this week are from you? 
~Have you found yourself praying all day? At odd times? Like when you are teaching? 
- Googled the medical terms she talks about to get further information
~Had your child pour water on the floor while you read a post, and let him continue because you want to finish reading it?
- Are you thankful for your iphone, so you can check for updates while at Targer, DQ, and anywhere else? 

If so, welcome! We are not  a wonderful group of warriors, who are traveling this road with MckMama and Stellan. I cannot wait for us to all meet IRL and share stories. Until then? Pray on! 

post signature

33 comments:

The Stiffs said...

That was a not an absolutely fabulous Not Me Stellan Style post.

Jazzy said...

Pray on Prayer:) Um google is AMAZING for quick medical info!!

amanda said...

love the post!! i posted one like it too.

Amy said...

Love your blog, and every single thing you just listed is SO true!

Brittne said...

Great Not ME post!! Lets keep flooding heaven with prayers on behalf of this sweet little boy!!

Adorable blog by the way! Very colorful!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

that is def me right now too!!!

erin said...

i haven't googled the medical terms yet... good idea! and yeah, i was definitely NOT checking on her in the middle of the night!

Sara said...

I have not done most of those things too. Have a great week and thanks for tweeting about my giveaway :)

King J's Queen said...

This was *not* a blessing to read this Not Me Monday morning. It is *not* amazing to see just how many lives have been touched by this little fellow.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Not Me Monday!! I totally understand where you are coming from. Stellan has grabbed my heart and I'm talking kung fu grip style!!

LucieP said...

yes, yes, yes, and oh-YES!

Ace said...

Great spin on the normal Not Me's!

I'm right there with you on most of those things.

Staci said...

Yep...that's Not Me either :)

Anonymous said...

I am following, just crying inside for them. Today I went and photographed Stellan's name for her Stellan's name gallery. I sent a few pictures but then went back out and started taking picture after picture of the sign everywhere, in flowers, next to a tree, overlooking a vineyard. I don't know why or how but it made me feel like I was doing something positive even though I don't know this woman and her family.
I only hope when she does open the pictures they will bring her even the briefest of smiles as she prepares for another hard day.

E @ Scottsville said...

Yes, Sara! I twitter with my Palm Pilot while on the toilet at home, or from cell phone in town. I have checked in the middle of the night! Its the last thing I do before going to bed. Yes, I'm frustrated that I can't talk about him like he's my nephew that I care so much about! I'm frustrated that to most around me, he's just a baby on the internet, while to me he is "our baby". He is!!! Amen to EVERYTHING you wrote!!!

Crystal said...

totally agree to most of your not me's! I also have an award for you on my blog :-).

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I love that we are doing this! I am so glad that I got my Blackberry before all of this happened... I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get updates 989 times a day through my phone!

Anonymous said...

cute post! i am part of that same group and you put it perfectly. i was just sharing Stellan's story with my family over dinner last night as if i know them personally. i can't believe what they are going through...my heart breaks for them!

i wish mckmama could read your post...she'd enjoy it, i think!!! very clever and cute!

Laura said...

Totally with you there on all your not mes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That ENTIRE post describes ME!!!! I am glad to hear I am not the only one! Even checking my phone at 3 o'clock in the morning! And yes, thank goodness for iPhones!!!
Can you even imagine....bless her heart! I just hope Stellan turns the corner soon!
-AM

Alicia said...

Loved your Stellan Not Me's! I did NOT do any of that either!

Pam said...

Right on the mark! Every word is so true. Great post!

Simply Complex said...

Do you really wake up in the middle of the night for potty breaks? Poor girl!

All of the other things, yes I do them!

Clickin Mama J said...

I believe that I did NOT do any of those things. :-) It's amazing how this little guy has touched so many!

Meg said...

Yes ma'am I'm right there with you. I talk about Stellan and MckMama like I know them-clearly I don't, but her posts are so detailed and descriptive that I feel like I am reading about a friend with her blog. You have your iPhone, I have my crackberry, thank goodness. I don't know what we would do without all this technology.

Miller Racing Family said...

I am so with you. What a great post. MckMama would be so proud of your Not me Monday! I agree with you on so many things on your list. From the talking all the time with your family and friends about Stellan. I love that we talk about this family as if they are part of our own. How the range of emotions happens every time I read a MckMama post! I say bring on the kleenxes and tears as they aren't a drop in the bucket of what is going on in their family. Once again wonderful post, you said what we were all thinking! Have a blessed Monday!

Sonya said...

I love reading all these Not Me's and seeing how we are all so similar.

Mrs. Cline said...

Thank you for blessing MckMama and Stellan with your NMM!

Natalie

Jazzy said...

Oh btw, next time I have you over for dinner, I am going to have you check your iphone!! That way we can actually talk without you checking on Stellan every 2.5 minutes!!! j/k:)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You rock, Sara. Plain and simple.

It is so wonderful to see the entire blogging community supporting MckMama and her family through this trying time. Thank you for your heartfelt post. I too have been sending my thoughts and prayers out for Stellan.

-Francesca

PS: Your last post was absolutely hilarious. I loved the mention! However, going forward I am amending my first date with you to include a trip to Target. I want to see your mad, mad skillz in action!

Stellan Bracelets said...

I did not do any of this, just as I did not get up around 3:40am just now to check for any updates and end up here. I'm not here, you don't see this comment, do you?


:o) We're in good company!

Suzi said...

Oh my gosh...so funny. Those were totally ME too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!Well put into words, exactly how most of us feel!!!:)