In between all the time I spend spastically loading and reloading MckMama's page looking for updates, I have been doing other things as well. (I know, shouldn't we just get together and wait together? Moral support for her and eachother?!)
My children's daycare provider's son (catch that?) has been in the hospital for the last week. He was diagnosed with diabetes at 18, and they have been unable to get his meds and blood sugar under control. Our provider has been staying with him to make medical decisions and keep track of what is going on. In order to keep her daycare running, she has had her parents come to help with the kids. I chose not to send my boys on Monday or Tuesday, as when I went on Friday, they seemed overwhelmed, and I didn't want to overstress them. Well, I finally sent them back on Wednesday, or rather my husband did, as I was at a workshop. He also picked them up, which he never does, and now I remember why.
Me: So, were the boys good at daycare today?
Corey: Umm, yes. I think. They didn't say anything.
Me: Oh, did Asher take a nap? How long?
Corey: I think he did. I didn't ask..... Doesn't he always take a nap?
Me: Did he eat okay? He hasn't been eating well for her lately.
Corey: Um, I didn't ask..... Do you honestly ask all this?
Me: What did they have for lunch? Did Asher bite again? Did they have any time outs? Did they go outside today? Does Asher need pull ups? What did they play today?
Corey: I am never picking them up again. I can't do this, it's too stressful.
Me: Agreed.
Today?
I went to pick them up and Asher was still sleeping, so I said hello to Elijah and went to go get Asher. On my way, the grandpa asks, "Oh, is Asher yours too?"
Um, yes. Except when he is biting, painting my mom's walls orange or cranky.
I notice he is sleeping late. He usually lays down at 12:30, and it is 3:40. Cripes. So I ask what time he went down for his nap. "I'm not sure. A while ago."
Okie dokie. Great. Fantastic. He has probably taken a 3 hour nap.
Grandpa then says, "Seems he has been out for quite awhile, must have been tired."
Right now? Guess who is still awake and sitting next to me?
Now, don't get me wrong, I am really appreciative she found a substitute, I just think it is funny! In a up really late sort of way.
_____________________________________________________
Finally? I was talking to a coworker after school today, saying how I want to repaint my kitchen soon. I commented that I need to find a block of time to do it. Her response?
"Well, you'll have plenty of free time next fall, huh?"
Yes, I will. Thank you.
Now, I am off to stalk mckmama again...

24 comments:
At least I'm not the only one stalking MckMama's blog (and twitter, too). Not that I really thought I was.
It is crazy how many times I check on Mckmama. I am thinking that if she has stat counter...she will certainly think I am stalking her as well.
All those questions are important questions to ask when picking one's child up from day care...what is it with men? My husband would be happy if the kids were in clothes (their own clothes are optional) and not bleeding. :)
Hang in there with lay off....lots happens over the summer. I have been laid off twice and brought back before school starts. Stressful, I know.
I love the conversation... so typical :)
I work with someone who just says whatever is on her mind which I, actually, just posted a little about today!
Hang in there!
I am blog commenting between stalking MckMama... and I won't even say how many times I have refreshed Twitter on my phone today! Ha!
That sounds just like my hubby! Could we possibly be married to the same man??? :)
I know what you mean about mckmama. Ever since I found out my heart has just been acheing. I keep coming on for updates.
LOL@your poor hubby.
I keep checking for updates on Stellan as well. I have eaten a pretty hefty ton today stressing over this little guy.
Glad I'm not the only once stalking MckMama. Your coworker's comment was very classy. I think you'd better stick to doing the daycare pick up. ;)
I hate to stereo-type, but I think it's pretty much a given with men :)
Hey - I'm finally getting around to adding blog buttons to my blog, and I'm putting yours on there :)
Who said that about your free time in the Fall? They are lucky they didn't get punched if that was me! Ok, kidding. The day care thing, that dialog is the EXACT same one me and the hubs have after picking the kids up. He will say, "well they didn't say anything, so I guess everyone was ok." Ugh!!!
"Well, you'll have plenty of free time next fall, huh?"
Ouch, not exactly sensitive to your feelings.
I love the daycare story. We only did daycare for a few months when my son was 3-6 months old, thankfully they wrote everything down and his dad almost never picked him up.
They would also let him sleep for four hours. I was like huh? Yeah, he's a baby but geesh!
I hope everything at daycare gets sorted and your provider is back soon.
Good luck with the kitchen, whenever you decide to tackle it. I just finished mine. Wait, my husband just finished mine. I too am stalking and praying.
There are very good reasons why woman are traditionally in charge of the children.
I had to stop myself from checking my phone for twitter updates when I woke up at 6 am--had there been any, I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep. MckMama updates are the whole reason I signed up for twitter! (I may have twittered that at you the other day...then I realised you probably didn't know who it was...whoops.)
Im stalking her through Twitter and her page as well...
my aunt used to run a daycare and when she'd need a day off my grandma would always go and watch the kids. which i always thought was a little weird. i mean, my grandma wasn't much of a kid person.
i'd ask the same kind of questions too. in fact after and hour and a half of nursery i'm asking those questions. i think i'd drive them nuts with questions if ryan was at a daycare all day!
i'm off to check on stellan and mckmama. i haven't even been over there yet this morning! happy blogstalking today! :-)
You are too much fun.
You know, you might just be able to paint your whole house next fall. You know, with all of your time... Silly.
My husband does the same type of stuff. I will get home from being gone for 8 hours and he will have just changed his first diaper. He just doesn't think about that stuff. Crazy.
Man, the dramas of 'daycare' or care takers. Although I do have to work now, I'm so glad I didn't have to go through that when my kids were little. I was able to stay at home with them. Oh how I miss those days. When life be great if we didn't need MONEY?
I feel your pain! Hang in there! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Loved the conversation with your husband - classic. Sounds like a conversation my husband and I would have.
And to your co-worker, you should've replied "thanks for throwing salt into the wound, I appreciate it."
Ugh.
Have a good weekend!
The Hubby and I have the same conversation when he picks up Lil Man. I don't think it's that hard or that big a deal to find out what went on on a specific day.
Obviously... men think differently.
You're not the only MckMama stalker!
I am also a Mckmama stalker...another reason why I like you so much!
Sounds like you need to start handing out signs to people when you hear responses like that!
But the hubs ones are so familiar!
I must not be checking your blog often enough. What happens in the Fall?
I am also a Mckmama stalker. She is such an inspiration!
I think your conversation with Corey is the same for most families with young children. The men think as long as the kids are still breathing everything is great! Loved the post. Have a great Friday!
Oh boys, of every shape, age and size. This is the same with the boys I was a nanny for. I usually picked them up, but if their Dad did and I let on the grill of questions-I would give up, thank him for picking them up and tell him I'll do it tomorrow. :)
That sounds exactly like my husband. Which is why I am always the one to get our daughter- otherwise I have no idea what went on.
Husbands just function in a whole different world. I can't figure it out.
Post a Comment