3.25.2009

I missed my calling.

With being layed off, I am going to have some time on my hands, as I've said before. I have debated what I should do next. Do I sub? Go back to school? Craft all day? Then, as I was on my way to a workshop, listening to the radio, I heard it. 

My calling. 

I am going back to become a Medical Researcher. 

Yes. You read correctly. I knew this was the right choice for me after I heard the latest medical research that had be done where they took 2 groups of people and had group #1 eat a diet in low saturated fat and less than 1/4 lbs. of red meat every 3 days. Group #2 ate an average of 1/4 lbs. of red meat per day. For the study, red meat included beef, pork, bacon, ham, hamburger, hot dogs, liver, pork sausage, steak, and meats in foods such as pizza, stews, and lasagna.

After studying the participants for 11 years, they came up with the following findings:

Those who ate the most red meat had an increased risk of heart disease, up to 50% higher for women, and 27% higher for men, than those in group #1. My response? 

Duh. 

I might just develop a study on trans fat. Let's say group #1 eats little to no trans fat, while group #2 eats vast quantities of trans fat daily. After 10 years, which group will be heavier? Which group will have increased cardiovascular problems? This is going to be tough. They'll have to pay me big $$$. 

Why wasn't I included on the research team for the study on how seeing people drink alcohol on TV makes teenagers more likely to drink? I'd have rocked that study. 

The one where they found that the food you eat can cause bloating and gas? Honestly. I'd have done that one for a few thousand. 

I truly missed my calling. Right now? I am hearing voices calling me for dinner. Thanks for the great responses on the last post. I appreciate all the kind words and thoughts. I am going to play some blog catch up tonight. I have been pretty obsessed with little Stellan the last few days. I think about 3,232 of the hits on her blog are from me. Keep praying! 


post signature

20 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i wanna be in the study about eating chocolate and toffee and it's affect on PMS or something. it really doesn't matter as long as i can eat the choc or toffee.

heidi said...

I know, right? Sometimes those studies are so idiodic. WHo comes up with them? We have a federal deficit of WHAT? We can't pay our teachers a reasonable amount, why? Oh, right, because we need this medical funding.

Psh.

I'd like to do a study on how long these government officials can breath with their heads up their collective arses.

YES WE CAN!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog .....I love yours and have it bookmarked...

Teresa

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in the chocolate study as well, but then again who wouldn't right?

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Hilarious - I have always wondered about these kinds of studies... what a waste! I like the chocolate one too!

I have been checking my Blackberry nonstop all day or checking the computer whenever I can to get Stellan updates! I am so behind on other blogs because I can't stop checking on Stellan!

Kameron said...

I know what you mean. I'd love to get paid for exercising common sense!

erin said...

haha! that's great. and to think these people had to go to school to figure that out!
i wouldn't mind being in on a chocolate study though. :-)

i have been freaking out about stellan the past few days, especially today. and instead of shopping after dropping samantha off at church tonight, i came right home to check on him! i'm praying so hard for another miracle...

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone needs a subject to study the correlation between parenthood and coffee. :)

BTW, my running shorts are mostly C9 from Target...I don't remember if they leave that chafey part on my back like many of my stuff (I, too, have soft womanly skin, lol) but I would recommend Bodyglide for that problem.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You are too funny! I think you've definitely found a new job! ;)

forever folding laundry said...

Wow, eating trans fats = increased cardiovascular problems? I think you may be on to something!

And, to answer your questions: yes, we are definitely mac people (bordering on geeks). Never ever will I go back to a pc! I am addicted to my iPhone, as my husband will vouch for. He hates that. =)

Gary is an Effects Supervisor at Pixar. Basically he's in charge of all of the special effects in a given film (currently, "Up"). Special effects in an animated film are things like fire, explosions, smoke, dust, and in Up, balloons. He's very lucky because it's definitely his dream job. Come out this way sometime & we'll do a tour! =)

~Keri

Anonymous said...

Wow, you'd have been genius! Don't we all wish we could snag a tough job like that?

The Stiffs said...

Yep, that's it, plus you could blog about the people who would volunteer to eat all that trans fat.

The Dental Maven said...

I'll do any research where they'll feed me.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you got laid off, but I would go with craft all day!

Simply Complex said...

I cant keep from checking on Stellan either. Compulsive, I swear.

Simply Complex said...

Love the new look by the way...

Orah said...

I bet they can not find subjects who are 15 and are having unprotected sex to find out what might happen.

E @ Scottsville said...

Definitely praying for little Stellan right along with you!

Sorry to hear about the lay-off, but glad you've found your calling! Go for it, girly. Best of luck, too!

Anonymous said...

you are so right...DUH! it's not rocket science!

Anonymous said...

Medical research sounds great. You're a natural.