3.28.2009

Spring Break

Yesterday I read the blog of a woman who decided that on her spring  break she was going to go visit a fellow blogger for the weekend. One she had never met in real life yet. She planned to stay at fellow bloggers home, and enjoy the weekend. At first I thought, "Really? A whole weekend at a person's home you've never met? What if you don't get along? What if she is weird IRL? What if I am weird IRL?"...wait. stop there. 

This got me to thinking of my upcoming spring break. What if I were to spend it with some fellow bloggers? How would I plan my itinerary? I've come up with a plan, and I am ready to go. Stock your pantry with peanut butter, because my bags are packed.

First day? I love to run, so it would only make sense to stop by a fellow runner's home and go on a run together, right? RunMommyRun is the perfect choice. She loves to run, and works at Target. We could run to Target and maybe she would even let me use her discount! However, she is a fellow Minnesotan, and I have no plans to stick around here long, so I am heading to 

 Dinkypops No More! Dallas, where I will run with 

Brooke. She is a pretty cool blogger, with an adorable daughter, so I am pretty sure I could stay with her for a night or two. She might even show me the sights of Dallas. 

Then? I am headed for Florida to visit Manic Mother. Manic Mother 

I won't lie. My main motivation is the warm Florida sun. I can't take any more snow flurries here. But- I am hoping she will let me take some spring pictures with her. Can't stay long, I've got more places to go. 

So far I've made it all about me, so next I am going to see Tabitha.

She is amazing, always giving to others and thinking of others before herself. I am going to help her make some goody bags to send to hospitals. As much as I'd love to stay, I've got to run. I have long promised Francesca that I would come eat girl scout cookies with her. I can't wait to meet her son Giancarlo, he promises to be a hoot. But~ only if she takes that creep eyeball picture off her blog. It is grossing me out. 

As long as I am in the area, I am going to stop by Seriously? in Cali as well. I am thinking this might be awkward, as I don't know her first name, and the only pic of her is this: 

I am thinking it is a good idea that I use my first name now. Can you imagine the conversation? "Hi Seriously?!"

"Yay! The awesome Domestically Challenged girl! We finally meet!" 

"Awesome! Should we Seriously go get some lunch or something? You know, buy it, not make it."

"That sounds awesome Domestically Awesome girl!" 

Well, I think we would still have fun. But~ It is time for some home cookin' and NOBODY does it better than our sarcastic maven Heidi

She is an amazing chicken cook, and sarcastic to boot! I am guessing my sides would hurt after leaving her place, but at least I'd be full! Then, off to dessert with Cookie Crums. She has a hubby who has a crazy job. Maybe he'd let me tag along with him? Or, she at least better get me some cookies! 

Now, I am off to Canada. Let's hope I don't get stopped at the border like last time. 3 a.m. with the border patrol making us empty everything in our vehicle. Did I also mention it was raining? I'm going to visit Tiffany. She likes to run too, and she lives in the country with the biggest mall ever, even bigger than my own MOA (have I ever mentioned that I could, and have, spend hours and hours at MOA? and still not see all the stores? My record is 9.14 hours.) Tiffany and I will hang out, talk blogging and go to the mall. It'll be grand.  

Okay, time is running short. I have to head back to Good Ole Minnesota now. It had better be spring. With a final visit to Anna and Jazzy and of course MckMama, I am home. 

(No, I didn't forget you Dental Maven or Counselor Mommy, I just have no desire to have my head or teeth checked while on vacation.)  

The rest of you? I am coming at you this summer vacation. I have 3 months to burn, and am starting with Ashley's wedding. Then on to Germany , Missouri and beyond....

Who's coming with  me? Cammie, you in? 

post signature


33 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

My husband thinks I have now totally lost my mind because I am running through the house screaming and dancing and acting like an outright crazy person while I joyfully sing, "Sara wants to visit me! Sara wants to visit me!"
Wouldn't it be so cool if we could hang out!
LOVE YA babe!

erin said...

as i was reading this i thought is she seriously going to go to all those places?! :-)
loved the post. wouldn't it be nice to hop on a plane and go visit everyone though? especially without the kids..?!
hope you have a wonderful spring break!

hey did you ever blog about the canada border patrol? if you did i'd love to read it! sounds like a stressful, hilliarious story!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh what an awesome blog, Sara! I love that idea! I may do a blog vacation destination of blogger-buddies too! TOO CUTE! If I do one, I'll give you credit and link back to ya.

AND if you make it as far as Dallas, you might as well head a few more hours south to my small town of Seguin and we'll put you up for a night or two! =0)

I do NOT like to run, but we'd still have fun! You could pull me in a wagon behind you. {wink}

erin said...

i didn't even see that you linked to me until i saw your tweet about it. :-)
i don't like to run either, but i'll definitely sit on my bed and watch you run on my treadmill! lol..

Sarah said...

If only it were that easy!:) There are so many bloggers I would love to meet.

Jenn said...

Hmmm...I'd tell you to swing by Jersey on your summer break, but I'm not sure if we'll be living here by then, thanks to Hubba Hubba's pending ordination. :) Maybe we'll move somewhere really neat, and you'll visit. I'll make poutine. Unless you have poutine in Canada with Tiffany--then I'll come up with some other authentic Canadian cuisine to make you. Or maybe we'll just order take-out.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I love this post - what a fun way to link to all the bloggers you like! I would love to meet you and a few others of my favorite bloggers - I could totally see being real life friends.

By the way, you are totally welcome to come to my wedding - that would be so awesome!

Guacaholic said...

Um, I think you've met RMR. About 12 years ago, at my high school graduation party. (She's a first cousin on my mom's side.) You two should run together - I think you'd get along in real life wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

Miss Kate....I've met Sara???????? Well, it was 12 years ago...I probably still had a perm and big bangs...a lot has changed since then. :)

We need to make this a blogger vacation where you kidnap each blogger along the way and at the end, we're all hanging out together. That way, I can share my Target discount with everyone. :)

Shell in AZ said...

Although I'd love to have you, you may want to reconsider Phoenix in the summer. Unless running in 115+ degree weather appeals to you...

The Stiffs said...

Make sure you visit the girls in Virginia Beach. We're cute and the boardwalk is an awesome place to run, plus running in the sand...you'll never want to leave.

Miller Racing Family said...

I love the spring break post! How I would love to meet so many of the blogging pals. How we could see so much of the great USA this way! Feel free to swing by Missouri and bring the boys as we can show them some dirt race tracks. Hope you have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

You are too funny, it would be great to do a blog buddy tour. And you can come stay in my house any time! I do hope to actually meet you when we move to MN!

seriously? said...

Please, Please, Please, tell me you are serious...We would have so much fun if you came out here. FYI, if it was awkward we could drink a few margaritas to take the edge off.

BTW, that is a self portrait picture of me as that is how I normally look anyway and my name rhymes with Dim...not like my daughter rhymes but, really rhymes. :) We have the same spring break and everything...the possibilities are endless!!!

Brooke said...

This was such a fun, fun post!!! You are so invited to Dallas. I need a running buddy, and I already have a great route planned for us (but you will have to slow down a bit and not leave me behind in the dust). And then we can be off to see the beautiful azaleas and wisteria in full bloom right now. I can drive you by the mansions that I do not live in. And then we can spend an evening drinking some of the best margaritas in town!

When will you be here?

Meg said...

Wow, you will be a busy busy girl over Spring break. Come down to GVille when you swing by Florida and we'll take a quick run through the University's campus while you're here...you'd love the route.

King J's Queen said...

You have seriously got to get over here to the East Coast! I might even drive the car beside you as you run, you know, for moral support. Cuz, well, I don't run or jog. Then again, yes I do; I run my mouth. Sometimes, something even jogs my memory. But, hey, we did have a 10K marathon in the area this weekend. Woohoo!

heidi said...

Anytime, babe...anyfreakintime.

I've driven to another state and stayed the weekend with someone I met online. I took my children, too.

When I took Sis to SLC for the brain garbage, I stayed with someone else I had met online. I met her IRL a few times before but still...

So, yk, I'm weird I guess.

Julie said...

That's too funny!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Spring Break! I love road trips.
Yes, please do come visit I can put you in in August or the first week of July but why spend the 4th in another country? Make it August and we'll pop over to Paris, head down to Milan and then over to Barcelona. We will eat (and then run) our way through Europe!

Simply Complex said...

I am all in!

The Dental Maven said...

Aww, c'mon! I can't entice you with a little spa dentistry tooth bleaching session??

"Cookie" said...

Sounds like a plan. Just made some cookies last night!! :) The Hubs could take you for a "ride along". South Carolina here comes Sara!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to meet you in real life, you name the time and place! Very cute post my dear!

melanie said...

What a cute post!! I did get to meet one of my blogging buddies in real life and it was sooooo much fun!

amanda said...

what a fun idea. i only live in wisconsin, so i could head on over by you and we could head out!! :0)

forever folding laundry said...

Well if you're visiting Seriously you might as well carve out an extra 30 minutes and just drive over to see me. Then we can pick up the Three Bay B Chicks and make a day of it. Let's see, to sweeten the deal? I know of 4 Targets in a 10 mile radius. Sold?? =)

~Keri

Pam said...

OMGosh that is so funny!

You and Seriously? AKA "rhymes with 'dim'" would have one big, hilarious, foot race. Boy would I love to be there for that. Unfortunately, sunny California is not in my forecast for Spring Break.

You have so many options, whatever will you do?!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a fun post! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I actually know some of them(my cousins) They are counselormama,and Trueloveisamama; Forevefoldinglaundry is my cousins wife, oh seriously is friends with counselormama, and Three Bay B Chicks are best friends with Foreverfoldinglaundry. They all live in Cali, I live in Texas:)

kel said...

Hi! New here! Followed you over from Cammie's blog! And then you go and give a bunch more blogs to check out.. yay for making new friends!

love your blog!

Lindsey said...

What a fun post, LOVE IT!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like a fun break.