4.27.2009

Not Me Monday~ I had to come back.

I haven't been doing these lately, as MckMama hasn't. However, I am going through withdrawal. In a bad way. I miss not doing things.
Like not looking out the window and seeing my cat having a bowel movement in my children's sandbox.
Or? Not coming rather close of dying of embarrassment when, in Target (duh), Asher looked at me and said, "What stinks mommy? You stink mommy?" (In my defense, he asks "what stinks" about everything.
Luckily, my mother didn't do anything crazy like, let a big, BIG, aaaa...toot in an aisle at Target. Yes, right next to me. With people in the next aisle. I will never shop with her again. Ever.
What kind of mother would put her bra on her 2 year old, just for a laugh? Not me!
Same mom? (not me, of course) was not teaching her son the proper name of his little man body parts. She did not send him in to his daddy to announce, "Wook, Daddy! I have a penis!"
What kind of husband would not think that is funny!?! mine.

See? See the things I miss not doing?

29 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, I did not laugh at this post. :)

E @ Scottsville said...

I miss the NOT ME's too, and it seems all of you bloggy girls went back to it today and nobody TOLD ME!!! Dang!?! What is WITH THAT?

Loved your Not Me's. I'm in for next week for sure!

Kameron said...

I just haven't been in the Not Me! spirit as of late. Maybe I'll get back into the swing of things when MckMama posts one again. :o) But here's a sample of what might have been on mine for the week...

When we reached the hostess stand of the restaurant, it was not my kid who gave a huge grin as he tooted in my arms and then announced to the hostess(es), "I'm poopin!!"

Unknown said...

if i wasn't a mom to two boys i would think this is hilarious!!
but, seeing as i only have boys that live with me...this is all too familiar.

also, while in target, it was not my son that announced (with several ladies nearby) 'mommy, you have big boobies'!! nope, not my son!!

McKsMom said...

What is with men giving their penis weird names. I am separated from my kid's father. He has taught my son to call his penis a "jim dog." Totally inappropriate! What is wrong with calling it what it is? Both my son and daughter know the proper terms for that part, why doesn't dad?

Thanks for giving a laugh today!

"Cookie" said...

Love it! I've missed your NOT ME's. They always crack me up!!

Elizabeth said...

I almost had a Not Me today too! Just thought of it a little too late. Thanks for bringing it back - my Mondays missed it :)

2Corinth1:4mom said...

I love your son's announcement to his dad. The other day in my son's class, one of the aides had her mom there. The aide asked what the word of the day was and my son said, "Boobies!" In his defense, boobies are actually movies - but still...

Good luck on your marathon!! When is it?? Where??

Barbaloot said...

Are you sure your husband didn't laugh? I've never heard of a boy not laughing at that!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

I'm glad you decided to post not me's! Hilarious. How coud he not use the proper word once you taught it to him...at least it was just to his dad. Great Not Me's!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Great not me's! and the woman that put her bra on her two year old? hilarious she is!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I did not love these not me's.

The Stiffs said...

I don't miss the Not Mes! at all. I'm not happy to see you back at it.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I've missed doing these too! So happy to see the Stellan is GOING HOME SOON!

Anonymous said...

i have missed everyone's 'no me monday's'. now that Stellan is going home, maybe she will be back with them next week! way to keep truckin' with it!

Christie said...

that is too funny!! i miss not doing things too~ so glad you were not cleaning and stopped by today :)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

CHECK OUT THE AWARD I GAVE TO YOU TODAY!

Sara said...

hahahahaha!

I love Not Me! Monday!! :)

Lindsey said...

Hahaha you crack me up!!

Staci said...

I do NOT miss the NOT ME'S either :) I agree, I was going through withdrawals and I should have been writing them down all along. Now, I'll probably not be able to think of any of them the next time Not Me Monday rolls around...oh, I hope MckMama feels up to doing one next week! By the way, I am NOT reading blogs instead of folding laundry and making my kids' lunches for school tomorrow...WOW! that felt good :)

Julie said...

Too funny! Love the new blog look!

King J's Queen said...

I did not have a good laugh at your post. I will not have to get back on the not me bandwagon next week.

I also would not be mortified at the thought of ever going shopping with mom again.

PS - I do not like the new blog design. It's not bright and cheery or anything like that. 8-)

Pam said...

Come on Sara, are you sure it was Grandma? Don't be ashamed, we're all friends here. ;-)

Maybe next week I'll be back in the "Not Me! Monday" mindset and get my "A" game on. Until then...

Helene said...

Well, good for you on teaching your son the proper name for his private area. I won't even dare tell you what my son calls his. It started as an inside joke and then it has just stuck, unfortunately.

I also find it hilarious when my kids walk around with bras on their heads. Then again I also encourage my daughter to stuff huge water ballooons down the front of her bathing suit and proudly announce to her daddy, "Look at my boobies, Daddy".

It's nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness gracious, but what a hilarious life you lead. :)

Kaci said...

Giggle, LMAO, Giggle! You poor thing.

Simply Complex said...

I love that you did the Not Me Monday this week. You had some definite good material that was worth sharing! Will next week be even better? Lets hope so.

Mrs. M said...

Too funny! I never thought to try the bra on a small child. My daughter has a bikini top that goes with a hawaii skirt we got her. She calls it "her boobies". "Mom, I want to put on my skirt, but I don't want my boobies today!". :-)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Too funny! I miss these!