Is it not bad enough that we are subjected to advertising everywhere we go? As we drive down the road, use the bathroom (come on! what MALE thought of this? And yes, I know it is a male because all female mothers know that going into a bathroom alone is a privilege. A woman would not purposely intrude on our moment of peace in a public bathroom where 57 butts have hit the same toilet in the last hour.)

You can't read your twitter or facebook accounts without seeing advertising, emails, church bulletins, nothing is safe...
I'm all game for a bit of advertising. How else would I know that my car is now a pile of crap, my kids toys are obsolete and I need a new tv? However, I do feel bad for this company, because it appears that in a falling economy, they had to go with, well, a budget friendly advertising company. The result? Downright ugly, as it appears I am too.

(Yes, Lisa. Your plump lips are Now, who can go a day without enjoying one of these somewhere? I usually catch this little bugger when I am eating something like a chocolate or donut hole. Really helps me to feel good.

Yes, these are my personal favorite. For the last 7 years, since I took a human relations class in college, I have watched magazines like Women's Day in the stores. Every cover, every time has the following:
• A ~M*a*g*i*C~ way to lose weight quickly
• An article on how to gain more energy and/or reduce stress in your life
• An article/picture of a super high calorie meal or dessert
• An article on how to slash bills! Keep your house clean! Relax! Come on you overwieght,overstressed, underachieving,lazy, craft making,gourmet meal cooking (that you can't eat because it doesn't fit the afore mentioned diet) women. Get with the program. Sheesh.
Needless to say, none of these types of magazines have ever graced my home.
I am done with my rant now. I'll end with my boys.
Yes~ My golfing crew. Me? I sat in the grass and worked on my tan. (Which I don't recommend. The grass on the course can be sharp, and leave little pricklies on your skin, which itch for hours afterward.)
21 comments:
Well, I'd have been right there with ya tanning on the grass instead of golfing. =0)
You rant right on ahead anytime, Sweety! We enjoy 'em!
Oh I hear ya! I get so sick of all of these same types of ads too. Not to mention all of the air brushing that goes into a magazine shoot to try to make a person look plastic and when the celebs aren't air brushed they are told how fat they are etc. So frustrating. But glad you had a great day with your boys. ;)
Mwah ha ha! Lisa Rinna lips - oh, the THE LIPS!
As a woman planning a wedding, I am keenly aware of the advertising dichotomy. Apparently my marriage will be doomed unless I have (according to a certain local bridal publication) A) a Hummer limo, B) white bunting on the ceiling, C) $40/plate chicken, D) a $7K photographer... Yeah. Fight the man. The whole advertising industry makes me a little nauseated.
i think i saw lisa in an interview once where she said that she overdid her lips. YA THINK?! and the ads in bathrooms? yeah... they drive me nuts too. especially in convenience stores where they have their weekly ad on there.
Ah, how I wish I had the strength to resist the magazines promising me more energy and super easy weight loss and yummy recipes.
Alas, the big joke in our family is how easily advertising works on me.
I always wonder the types of people that advertising appeals to. Must be those who have taken such a self esteem beating that they'll believe anything. Me, I like my lips, even though you can't see them from space.
The advertising on the back of the bathroom stall was, quite frankly, a genius idea. Talk about a captive audience??? Where else ya gonna look when you're in there? LOL
I hate those magazines. Better body, better cooking, better finances, better sex, a better you all in a week.
Oh yeah, Lisa whatever her last name is has the nastiest lips in the world!
Wait...those ads aren't real??? I think I should take up your kind of golfing...now THAT is a work out I can stick with. Thanks for the tip. :)
Nice...LOL.
For the most part, I love being a girl, but this would be one reason why I do not. Why is that women are supposed to be perfect??? The women's movement had good intentions, but IMO it's a crock of sh$$. Women have such a delusional sense of thinking it's normal to be able to do everything, be everything and have everything. And if we don't/can't? We are big losers.
I just love those silly weight loss ads as well. You might lose the weight but give it a few weeks and it will be back. Love the picture of the boys golfing.
Also thanks for entering my giveaway. I have entered you in for two chances.
Have a blessed Sunday!
Totally agree!
But let me add that I'm totally laughing with my friend, Seriously?, about the adds NOT being real!
I especially love the one you have pictured with the ginormous rear that miraculously lost 12 lbs in 2 days. Apparently when those 12 lbs went, so did all of the color from her skin. Come on ad execs, get real!
ah... I have big lips.. but I also have a big ass, big tummy, big tits, big thighs, big feet and a big head.
I just featured an Angelina Jolie ad in my blog, too. Weird!
Great post!! Obviously the sacredness of mom's going tot he potty with out any kind on interruption is sadly on the decline! What is this world coming to??
BTW..love the blog changes!
toilet advertising...who knew it was so big???
What freaks me out is that there are women out there who really believe this stuff!
yeah I always think about those magazines with their newly discovered weight loss tips and then next to it is a big chocolate cake; they send mixed messages!:)BTW thanks for all the great tips on the running and blog:)
I have to say that I'm a fan of the ads in the bathroom stalls. I'm a bathroom reader and when nature calls in public and you have nothing to read, those are situated perfectly in front of you to help you read while you do your duty... or doody.
Great thoughts on advertizing...and what we unintentionally bring in the home! Thanks for sharing
Lisa Rinna is absolutely idiotic looking. Those lips are absurd!
I do agree with the above commenter who said that the bathroom stall advertising was brilliant! Whoever thought of that is a genius!
Post a Comment