4.05.2009

Blog Awards~ Like the Oscars, but not televised

Well, it is about time I got my butt on the the burner and accepted some of the wonderful awards given to me by fellow bloggers. I get so excited when I get one, then promptly forget to forward it. (Hello! ADHD, which, coincidentally is why you may wonder why my stories and/or posts end abruptly or don't go into great detail sometimes. I get bored/distracted/sidetracked and hit publish. However, this said problem does not affect my ability to get moved off topic easily.) 

So, without further ado, I moveth forward. I was given the Kreativ Blogger (must not get sidetracked with a rant about how much I abhor phonetically spelled words. must not

This was given to me by a Lovely Bride to Be, whom I may crash her wedding this summer. 

I have some rules I have to follow. I am horrible at following rules, and would renegade on this, but it might not be such a good idea after writing this post. 

1. Link back to Lovely Bride to Be (check her out, she looks seriously good in photos. Nary a shut eye, crooked nose, or stupid line between her eyes that her husband won't let her get botoxed...) 

2. List 7 things you love

3. Link to 7 blogs and then let them know, you know, so they aren't sitting there all unawares. 

Here I go: 

1. I obviously love my family, those testosterone filled boys that I call my loves. Corey, Elijah and Asher bring me joy I have never known. My sister is ok too, but she reads my blog and never comments, so I wrote her out of my will. 

2. Donuts. Yum. Put me in front of a donut case and I will shake like a dog waiting for a treat. I cannot decide which to get. Sprinkles, chocolate covered, glazed, long john with nuts? what if I make the wrong choice? What should I do? Get them all? None? 

3. Peanut Butter. If I could subside on one food only, it would be peanut butter. I don't even need a spoon. I'll just stick my tongue in the jar. (Here is where a freakishly long tongue would come in handy.) 

4. Running, but, you know you knew that was coming. BTW, I did 10.25 miles tonight. You know, because I have decided to go easy on myself. Actually, I think it was good for me. Now, if you can only run a marathon in 24 hours? I'm in. 

5. Reading other people's blogs. As a naturally nosy lady, I love looking into your lives and hearing about you. 

5. Reading. I will read pretty much anything. Put it in front of me and off I go. If I get crabby? My mom tells Corey to go buy me a book to shut me up.

Okay... I am losing interest with myself quickly, so I'll move on. Here are my ladies: 

• A veterinarian. I know. How cool is it to have a bloggy pal that you can ask questions like, "How do you tell a male from a female turtle?" I mean, why google when you have her? 

Jazzy. She knows me. She knows my love of peanut butter. and if she tells you anything else about me, it is all a lie. 

Erin. She lives where it is warm, she is funny, and she can jump real high. 

Anna. She has a beautiful daughter and a great sense of humor. Her daughter has faced many things for a young child and is doing fantastic! 

Jen, who was almost like my neighbor. You see, she lived in Canada and I live in Minnesota, so we were practically neighbors. And? She even told me that Poutine is not a play on the word routine. It is in fact- actually? I still don't know. 

Tiffany, who is again just like my neighbor. In fact? She has generously offered to take me shopping in a big Canadian mall. (Patty, shut your mouth. No need to warn her of how I shop.) 

Ace. She is funny, has cute kids and makes fun of me for living in the Frozen Tunda. What's not to love? 

post signature


14 comments:

Ace said...

Yay! Thanks!

I'll quit with the no-snow-here-face-rubbing. Just call me excited, living 30 years 450 miles north of here I was really excited to not be snowed in once this year!

erin said...

you're too funny! and you stole ace from me. i was gonna link to her too!
i'll be so jealous if you crash ashley's wedding. love that girl!

Cass said...

What a great post for an award...thanks for sharing. I adore your wit.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

umm you guys are seriously making me blush here! maybe you and erin should both come crash my wedding!

thanks for all the love, seriously, i heart you so its an honor that you like me too (and think I look good in photos, which I don't agree with but i'm totally flattered nonetheless)!

i looooove your blog and your writing and you basically make me laugh out loud everytime you post so i will probably choose you for all future awards :) haha

honeypiehorse said...

Congratulations. I agree that donuts rule. I like chocolate ones with colored sprinkes.

King J's Queen said...

Congrats on your award!

So, here's my question for you. What is your favorite doughnut maker? Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, or Tim Horton's?

Me? It's KK...hand's down (or hands sticky might be more appropriate). We have one close by and I gain weight just driving by. But, oh, how good they are when they are hot and fresh off the line. So light and airy and hot, hot, hot. They melt in your mouth.

Hungry yet?

Oh, and one more question...creamy or chunky?

The Dental Maven said...

Congrats Girlfriend!!! And yes, peanut butter rocks!

Cammie said...

yeah for awards! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award and Happy Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel so honored. :) I'm glad you like reading about my life - as boring as it sometimes is! One day, we should meet in real life!

Miller Racing Family said...

Congrats on the awards! You just crack me up! I love that you say you have ADHD mainly because I have already diagnosed myself as well. People are always laughing at me at work as I jump back and forth from stories, because I can't remember a thing! Isn't that just a mommy thing! Have a great Monday!

E @ Scottsville said...

Sara, Sara, Sara - I read through your list of names and got to "ERIN" only to realize that she jumps real high. This made me go "Hmmm", so I clicked on her link only to realize that SHE was ME! You are the second person in two weeks who gave me an award and also called me "ERIN" instead of "Erica". ha ha ha

I must look like an Erin. =0)

Thanks for my award!!!

"Erin" (AKA: Erica)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

(Visualize me in a stunning designer gown, standing on stage, with microphone in hand)...

Ahem, I don't know where to begin. This is such an honor to have been nominated for this award. I want to thank my family for giving me such crazy and inspirational and stupid stories for me to blog about. I want to thank my parents for stressing the importance of a good education, especially my mom who is an English major and always made me want to be a better writer. Without them, I wouldn't be here today to accept this award. But mostly, I want to thank the amazingly cool and super talented Sara for giving me this award. She is such an inspiration for all of the bloggers AND runners out there. I can't find the words to begin to express my gratitude to her today!

Thank again girlfriend! You ROCK!

LeAnne said...

LOVIN' your blog!!! Thanks for giving Tiff that award...cause now I get to make an acceptance speech! YAY!!!! Even though she did call me out on her blog and let the world know just how old we are:) AND I also begin sentences with conjunctions! AND I also excessively use the exclamation mark!!! AND, i too, do not care!!!