5.03.2009

No me!


She's back! It feels so real now. With a Mr. Linky and everything! Doesn't it feel good to see pics of the Happy Meal again? 

While I await to hear what has happened in MckMama's world, I will share what hasn't been going on in my own. 

• For instance, I did not recycle my son's Flat Stanley from his kindergarten class. I did not know anyone to send it too! Elijah did not come up to me on Friday and say, "Mommy, I keep waiting for my Flat Stanley to come back, but nobody sends mine back to me." Oops. I had to tell him what I did not do. Hubs did not make me feel guilty about this, and in fact write the following note to E's teacher: 
Dear Mrs. G. 
My mom thought Flat Stanley had to go somewhere far, far away. She did not know we could send him somewhere close, so she recycled him. Could I please get a new one? I promise I won't let my mom touch him this time." 

Well. 

I wear a skirt about 3 times a year. Skirts are hard for me, as I am, to say the least, unladylike and generally move too fast. So, naturally, the first day I wore one this spring, I   did not somehow smash the car door into my leg causing a 2 inch by 2 inch enormous bruise on my leg. Nice. My coworker? Did not ask when they would start filming the sitcom that is my life. 

• I attended a great workshop on Thursday night. Very interesting, also held in a very warm auditorium, after a very long day. I did not get so....comfortable.... that I *might* have fell asleep for a few moments. My coworker did not throw something at me to wake me up. 

and now? Because I am not so tired I'm going to pass out? I did not have an awesome 20 mile training run this morning! Yay! I did not feel great, not get chased by any dogs, and have a great (for me) pace of 9:45/mile for a long run. 
Now? I am going to pass out. Or read some more Twilight. I just started. 

23 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I LIVE in skirts! But I also get a ton of bruises. I don't even care!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

SERIOUSLY! Send me Elijah's Flat Stanley. I did an awesome one for my cousin last year that I will gladly replicate for your sweet boy. Flat Stanley can go to a Stanley Cup playoff game and visit Stanley Park if you send him my way!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I do love reading your little adventures. :)

Unknown said...

Yay, you joined the Twilight Bandwagon :) Can't wait until you start having dreams about Edward Cullen so hopefully I am not the only one. LOL. Have a great night! ;)

erin said...

wow... you're a teacher and you recycled flat stanley! :-) that's okay... i didn't even have a clue about him until a couple years ago!

great job on your run. although i seriously can't comprehend how in the world you can run for that long!

i love bruises and scars and etc... you should've taken a picture!

E @ Scottsville said...

OH NO!!! {{shudder}}

We've now lost Sara into the dark abyss that is Twilight!!! AHHHH!

See you in a few weeks when you emerge from your addiction to said books.

=0)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It's not me who thinks that you will be confessing your addiction to the Twilight books this week. :)

Cass said...

Oh Girl...get ready for the ride of your life that is Twilight. I could not read them fast enough and when they were done...I had to read them again. Luckily be obsession ended after about 6 months. I hope yours is not quite so long.

Not sure who Flay Stanley is- I will need to google that one.

Great job on the run. You are my inspiration, now if I could just make it out the door.

Night...

honeypiehorse said...

OK you're invited.

The Stiffs said...

Feel free to send Flat Stanley to the beach. Too bad you didn't send him within the last 2 weeks.. he could have been in England, Germany and Africa. I'll miss you while you read Twilight. I'm not obsessed but it was hard to put down.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You sound like me with the bruise. I'm so clumsy, I don't usually remember how I got the bruises. great time on your run.

Jenn said...

Fab Not Me! :) You always make me laugh.

I'll be waiting to see what you think of Twilight. I loved the books myself, but don't think I'd recommend them to the younger girls they seemed to be marketed to.

"Cookie" said...

Great Not Me!!

I'm starting the Twight too. Interested to see what the hype is all about. :)

As far as Flat Stanley goes....no clue what that is!! LOL

Where was the dessert/wine Friday night??? ha ha We had fun!

Cammie said...

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

Sneaky Momma said...

Send Flat Stanley to me!
I used to teach first grade for several years. I would love for Stanly to come spend a day with us!!!!

Sneaky Momma said...

However, after reading the above comments, sounds like Stanley would have more fun at their houses. I'd like to mail myself to the beach! :)

Meg said...

Yay for Not Me Monday being back!

Rock on for your 20 mile run. I am so bad and haven't been out in forever, it is just too freaking hot!

I love wearing skirts, I like how girly and flirty it makes me feel. You should find some comfortable ones, maybe that will make you feel better in them.

Have a wonderful Monday.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

A true-blue, honest-to-goodness Not-Me Monday post? So glad to hear that MckMama is back in the swing of things and that you suffer a similar inability to avoid bruising when wearing skirts.

It is an affliction that we share.

-Francesca

Ace said...

Yeah, I'm not a skirt person either. Actually hate them!

wendy said...

I don't wear skirts either ---I have U-gggly legs. besides you have to keep your knees together and who wants to do that. I fall asleep during work/meetings too ---shhh, don't tell my Judge that, I am supposed to be listening,.
I love your blog header ---so dang cute, --like you.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I wanted to let you know, that I passed on a blog award to you!
http://dylanandalexandria.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloggy-awards.html

KJ said...

That is a great job running! I'm looking at doing a marathon in December...any tips on where to find a good training program?

heidi said...

I'd take Flat Stanley for ya, too.