5.24.2009

Not Me Monday~ Mostly Marathon



Aren't you all glad MckMama is back in the game? Me too. So, ready to get this game on the road? 

I ran my first marathon today yesterday {I admit, I am not writing this Sunday night.} That's right. 26.2 miles of running in slightly hot perfect weather with great views. 
Following the run, the following {did not} happen: 
• Upon saying I was hungry, my hubs {did not} say, "Um, are you going to shower first? You kind of smell." 
• My husband {had not} parked about 45 blocks away from the finish line. Uphill. 
• While walking to the car, not parked 54 blocks away, Corey {did not} hear me let out a high pitched scream. He {did not} turn around laughing, knowing what I had seen. 

It {was not} a Roasted PIG HEAD! Staring at ME! With Eye holes, Ears, a Snout, Mouth and EVERYTHING. The WHOLE HEAD! 
Now, I don't (really, I don't) even even eat pig, so why would I want a pig head staring at me? And really, what kind of person puts a PIG HEAD out out in the open next to the pig cooker, where innocent bywalkers can see its sickness? 

Moving on, as I am {not} all whipped up just thinking of The Pig... My hubs? {did not} make me put down a blanket before sitting in the car, parked 453 blocks away, so I didn't stink it all up. 

More race details tomorrow night...right now? I {am not} so tired I am about to pass out! 

38 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats on not running the marathon!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

You are such a ROCKSTAR! I'm so proud of you... even if you smell!

Amy said...

Yeah for you run. That is great. Who cares if you may have smell just a little I mean you ran. That pig thing is way gross. I love pigs and would of cried. Like the time I worked at a private school a house close by had dead deers hanging around. Gross.

King J's Queen said...

Congratulations on NOT running your first marathon! How did you NOT do?

Blogging about the 80's and 90's said...

I could run 26.2 miles too, but over a month.

Barbaloot said...

Wow! You are amazing for having done that. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen you - we finished only minutes apart! I personally thought today was hellish--congrats on your first marathon and on a difficult course such as Stillwater! Looking forward to hearing more. I had planned to blog tonight but when I sat down to type, I was pudding. :)

dawnmramsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dawnmramsey said...

Wow. Congrats! I could only dream of running a marathon.

Unknown said...

proud of you!!! what an accomplishment!!
your hubby sounds like what mine would do if i stunk...put a towel down!!!

enjoy your memorial day!!

DESJ and Company said...

I'm in awe, marathon mama!!
What was your time??

From

Another Sara

peewee said...

yay! I'm SO glad you made it without being killed by an axe murderer!!

erin said...

sara! you're awesome! i can't believe you ran a MARATHON! i couldn't even watch a whole one, let alone run a tenth of one!

lol... what a husband. he might as well of just parked at home!

have a happy memorial day!

Tina said...

Yay! Congratulations on your marathon! Good for you! I can't wait to hear more about it. I did a half marathon last fall, but I don't think I could ever do a whole marathon.

E @ Scottsville said...

Mmmmmm, yummy roasted PIGS HEAD! blech. Sounds disgusting! Did you take a picture? Oh wait, you probably didn't have your camera cuz you were so stinky.

Too funny how that hill you had to climb got longer with each mention. That made me smile.

So when we going campin? Huh? Huh?

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment :)

2Corinth1:4mom said...

Congrats! You did it!!! I still haven't run longer than 5 miles since my marathon over a month ago! Wear the shirt proudly!!

Foursons said...

Wow, congrats on your marathon! And why the heck couldn't your husband drive to come get you where you stood at the finish line? And...does he not know about patio seating at some restaurants so the wind could blow and he could sit up-wind? Geez, some men. That being said, I'm sure he was super proud of you and stood a might-bit taller that day. Great job one million times over!

The Mother said...

You may be domestically challenged, but you are obviously not physically challenged.

I'd have trouble just with that 54 block walk to the car.

And the only runs I get are in my panty hose.

Helene said...

Wow, girlfriend, you are one hot mama....so in shape to be able to run a marathon!! Me?? Just running across the street to catch my kids makes me wanna keel over....that's why women should never wait until their late 30's to have children.

I totally hear ya on the grossness of a roasted pig's head. Once when I was in Hawaii, I made the mistake of watching some Hawaiian's take a roasted pig on a spit out of the ground and I thought I was gonna pass out. Not just becuase it was plain gross but also because I still swear on my grandmother's grave that the pig was smiling at ME.

amanda said...

congrats on running the marathon. i could not do it! and as i was typing marathon i typed marathong. lol. silly things make me laugh today. like you! :0)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on the marathon.

Kaci said...

I'm so proud of you! You rock my socks and put my measly 5k to shame. :) XOXO

And I so would of barfed seeing a pig head...poor thing.

"Cookie" said...

Yay on the run!!! the stinking comments were too funny. Food is MUCH better than what one looks or SMELLS like.

THinking of you guys since it's your brother's bday.

Miller Racing Family said...

Congrats on not running a marathon and also not killing your husband after parking so far away. Have a great Memorial day!

Holly said...

Wow, a marathon! Cool. Pig head? Not cool. (Not not cool?)

Sara said...

A whole marathon?! You totally ROCK! I'm so impressed! I don't think I could run that far even if someone was chasing me and my life depended on it.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your marathon! way to go!!!!! i see your running totals to the left with 26.2 in the 'week' spot...so cool!!!!!

Leah said...

MckMama skipped the Not Me's this week, but you can still participate in Toot Your Horn Tuesday! Come on by! Would love to hear more about your race!
www.sillylittlesparrow.com

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Congrats on finishing your race! You are a total rockstar if you are stinky :)

Kameron said...

Congrats! I feel like I ran a marathon today..not that I know what that feels like exactly, but if you feel like you've been hit with a mac truck then yup!

DESJ and Company said...

Pefect.
Then you can run some more for me.

Brooke said...

Congratulations! Isn't it the best feeling to have crossed the finish line and to be able to have such a great accomplishment under your belt? I was on Cloud 9 for months afterwards.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Congrats on the marathon!!!

Erin said...

Wow, a marathon. I am NOT impressed in the least. Okay, I might be crying out of jealousy, but that doesn't mean I'm impressed.

The Stiffs said...

Atta girl! Be proud of the accomplishment. I'm impressed.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Congratulations, Sara! Can't wait to hear all about it!

MissAllycat said...

Gah! I saw the pig heads too!

Congrats on a kick ass marathon!! You rock!