Now, just because we've never used fondant in any shape or form before, doesn't mean I don't think I know how to use it. I mean, whatever, I watch Ace of Cakes and Food Network Cake Challenges. Kind of like Core's camera, just put it in my hands and let the magic begin.
So... while our first attempt may not land us on the Food Network quite yet {more like Cake Wrecks} I think we have a promising future making 2 dimensional, lookslikeitwashitbyabus Wall E's, don't you?
Don't worry. We waited until we'd been on antibiotics for 36 hours before beginning this creation. Strep throat...be gone with you!
Now? Someone's hubby went out golfing, and left his Canon 5D sitting on my dresser again, both boys are sleeping...hmmm...
Now, someone know how to switch lenses?
26 comments:
You did a great job! Mine would be a big, white blob.
go, you! that is super cute! fondant and i don't ge along. i have taken several cake decorating classes and fondant is my least favorite. kudos to you for trying! i think you have a future in cake decorating!
sorry i missed your "we heart art" carnival this week! i was enjoying my little bloggy break. i'll catch ya next time!
also, i'm getting a blog makeover with Samantha! i can't wait to see what she comes up with! thanks for referring her and for the info!
I think it's so cute!!
Wow what a great cake.
Too cute, I have never tried fondant either.
At least YOU know what Wall*E looks like. Me? No clue. Good job on the cake!
Hey, I pulled up my blog with "no problemo" (I'm still stuck in Cinco de Mayo party mode from our belated fiesta last night. Boy, do I ever wish you lived here. You would've been so much fun to have at the party!) Don't know what's up on your end. Let me know if you keep having issues. Hopefully, it was just a fluke.
Later! I've got to go be a Rock Star just like you and reheat dinner ;-)
I've been wanting to work with fondant for awhile now, but it intimidates me. Perhaps you've inspired me to try. :)
Thanks for the mention in your last post, by the way! I'm glad you enjoyed the songs.
AW! I think that is totally cute!! Love it! I bet it tastes just as good!!
I've never worked with fondant. But I think you did a good job. Better than most of us could ever do.
Ha ha- I never noticed your little line up there about reading your blog instead of cooking. I guess I rock!
Wall-E looks great, I totally would have known who he was if you hadn't told me first.
I would love to get your educator opinion on a post I wrote about redshirting kindergarteners.
http://juliechinni.blogspot.com/2009/05/to-redshirt-or-not-kindergarten-dilemma.html
that's an interesting creation!! :) I bet you guys had fun making that! Did you get busted for using the camera? I'm already working on my hubs for one for Christmas!! He's already rolling his eyes. he he
I burst out laughing. That is so damn cute! what r his hands made of? And I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you!
Looks adorable to me!
Strep throat be gone is the motto in my house too. I've been on antibiotics for 7 days now and feel wonderful!!
I love the cake, it is adorable, hit by a bus or not, Wall E is super cute!
Oh my gosh! This is so cool! I think you did a great job! But really, it doesn't matter what it looks like, it's cake!
mMmmMmMMM... cake... *drool*
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spatula hands. Love it. I'm just kidding. Geesh. You two did a wonderful job.
Switching lenses is easy peasy. You can do it. And he may never know as long as you don't forget to switch them back!
I think it looks fabulous :)
Job. well. done.
I think it looks great!!!
Great job! I am to much of a chicken to try fondant. I also love Ace of Cakes! I would love for them to do a birthday cake for us minus all the cost involved. Can't wait to see you on food network!
Have a blessed Sunday!
It's cute. I'm with you I always think it's really easy. I tried making a Rolie Polie Olie cake for my daughters adoption day party. Ha. Yah.
I would love to take a cake decorating class actually.
love ace of cakes! I've always wanted to make awesome cakes like that! Your cake is so cute, I bet you had fun making it!:)
That is cute! And seriously, a great job for your first go round with fondant! It looks like you guys managed to get the fondant pretty smooth.
Tell Elijah that I totally approve!
Okay BF, I thought you didn't cook!
Cause you totally rocked with the Wall*E cake. If I wasn't such a slacker, I'd try to make one myself!
It came out so cute! I saw your comment on Kelli's post and I was wondering if you were gonna post a picture of it on your blog!
I love it!
Fantastic work on the cake! Love it!
Hope you guys are starting to feel better!
I am so fortunate that my kids have never had strep-throat!!!
Lovin' that cake. Great job! =0)
Post a Comment