No, I do not do extreme things like camping without a bathroom, or climbing mountain cliffs.
I do not try new extreme* recipes or things like that. I am quite happy with my microwave thankyouverymuch.
So, what is this extreme part of me? I always workout to the extreme. If you haven't noticed (pay attention now, eyes on me! Sorry, i haven't had any students in a couple of weeks...) I tend to take my workouts all out.
Running? Let's go harder, faster and longer. Run 14 miles in 2:00:34? Next time, suck it up and take off a few seconds. Don't feel like running? Push harder. Run longer.
Now? I can't run over 4 miles without my stupid IT band hurting, so I cannot push myself like that any longer.
Also, I promised myself that I would do some major cross training after my marathon. So?
Let's kick my butt on weight workouts. I have done more lunges/squats/plyo moves in the last week than I have in years. I am in a constant state of soreness in my legs and glutes- and I LOVE IT. Nothing makes me happier than having sweat rolling off me at a rapid rate. (Am I odd?) Boot camp? Love it. Except for push ups. As I proved on the playground today, my upper body strength is nill. Good thing my bubble butt has a lot of muscle.
Yes, I have been like this for years. Well, 10 years or so. When I was in high school, you would've found me cutting gym class and hanging in the bathroom. Cool, aren't I?
I get crabby if I go longer than 4 days without working out. Yes, I am normal. Extremely normal.
When we moved to my current town, I lost the gym I loved, so I bought a bunch of videos to help me cross train. Some favs?
Cathe Friedrich Tae Bo
Wii Active Jillian Michaels- Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism (like the plyos)
I just ordered P90X, so we'll see when that comes.
Now tell me:
Any favorite videos/workouts?
Why do I not have an awesome body?
why am I still writing this post and not ordering my iPhone 3GS?
*Sara's definition of extreme: Anything with more than 4 ingredients, or that uses terms like chopped, grated, basted or so forth.
57 comments:
I used to do Tae Bo...key word here being "used to". I think it's awesome that you have such a positive attitude about working out!! I could use some of your motivation and energy!!!
Oh my gosh...you rock! LOL!
I have so many Tae Bo tapes. Yes, I said tapes! And one of my favorites is Gilad!
Now I need to have an attitude like that! I need to push myself and make myself! I can do it I know I can, I always get pumped up when I read your posts about running. Before a workout I should read one of them, that will surely keep me going:)
i wish you lived next door to me so that you could kick my butt in the morning to make me exercise...
and cooking terms? i cringe when i hear "fold in" in a recipe. could they not come up with a different word?!
This is awesome! I had a pilates video that I loved to do in the Winter but it had an annoying drumbeat through the whole thing, at first unnoticeable, then later, all I could focus on! Why do I not have an awesome body either? i blame my pregnancies, plain and simple. AND it's one of my questions to ask God when I die. I have MANY questions to ask....
You crack me up!
I love the Wii Active. It seriously made me feel like a 90 year old woman who had been through hell and back the first few days but now I love it!
I used to do a pilates video that seriously worked my abs but I haven't done it in awhile.
Hey there physically extreme girl. I finally posted a conspiracy post. Sort of. I dislike sweating but respect people who like it. Incidentally, how do you get strike out font in blogger? Do you write your own html?
I'm so jealous of your ability to normally run such long distances. Even with being hurt I'm sure you'd still totally kick my butt! I used to do pilates and the billy blanks bootcamp video was really fun!
Hi there, just came to you from More than Words. I think I have visited before but I like your blog and took some time to read your newest post.
Talking about extreem camping... well, maybe not extreem but we just did camping in the mountains. It was great! Of course we had a bath house. A must! LOL
Oh, YOu inspire me with your running and exersize videos! I want to get some videos. I will be looking into the Jillian Michael´s videos. been hearing so much about her lately. Have you heard of "all pain NO Gain"? A great fitness blog. She helped me get motivated and keep accountable. She is a a fitness extreemest too. In a good way.I have here blog posted on my blog.
Well, Hope to come back and check out your totally cute blog more often!
btw.. I am a teacher and a mommy of boys too. ;)
You are my workout idol.
p.s. The iphone and I are married.
Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha
You are so funny. Your IT band will slowly get better if you do the things you are supposed to then it will no longer bother you.
I try...try to not care about how great my body looks as long as I am enjoying what I'm doing for working out. I think that makes weight loss a whole lot easier.
I haven't tried the Jillian Michaels DVDs, maybe I will. :)
I can relate with the iphone. I wish I had your workout drive. I'm blogging instead of jumping on the treadmill...
I've got a great workout drive. I can run to the kitchen, pulllll out something to eat, and then do arm curls as I shovel in the food. Now, lest you think I can only exercise my upper body, I can also get a whole body workout in. I know how to jump to conclusions, and run off at the mouth. I find the key to success is repetition. :-)
I used to do Tae Bo everyday (read "before I met John, got married, had 3 kids and got pregnant again for the 4th time all of which has happened in a 9 year time span"). I loved Tae Bo but alas, they are VHS tapes and my dinosaur VHS player has gone to that great electronics graveyard in the sky (actually it is still sitting in my armoire plugged in, like if it gets struck by lightning it might work again someday :) I have a Wii and a Wii Fit and was doing that until I got pregnant and I want to get the Jillian Michaels Wii workout after the baby is born. I have also been trying to talk John into the P90X...let me know how that goes :)
I've got plenty of paranoid, I need more extreme.
14 miles in 2 hours?! Wow! I have P90X too! Some of the workouts are harder than others and are quite challenging. The hardest part for me is that you do them 1 hour a day, 6 days a week. Big time committment. And the guy on the videos can be a little annoying at times, but it really is a good workout! Let us know how it goes.
I am on Day 40 something of Jillian's 30 Day Shred, lol.....I will say that I def. see results such as more toned arms, and I *think* that the muffin top is gone. neat!
But I will admit I am getting bored with Jillian and ready to move on. I have heard awesome things about the PX90.....but I think I am "a-skeered" to try it. Grown fit men puking from the workout? EEK! scary!
I think I will suck it up and try it....what do I have to lose? A day without the ability to walk? LOL
Be well!
*~Michelle~*
I wish I could be "extreme" when it came to working out!
I sooo wish I had your motivation! (and your body, you hot lady!)
i am extreme too...about diet coke and reese's...and i am sure your way might benefit me more. oops
I too wish I had your motivation! I cant even run half a mile...but you have been a really great motivator and have made me want to go out running...now I acutally need to go! I will let you know how that turns out:)
I like Turbo Jam - It's fun to do and feels like a good workout. 30 Day Shred and EAS Active are my other faves.
Do I do any of them regularly? Not a chance, but I feel great when I do!
I work out a lot. But I don't do enough "toning" type stuff, so I am managing my weight just fine, but not seeing exactly what I want results wise. But I keep plugging away. Just started pilates and that is a major workout for toning!!
My neighbours did (still do, maybe) P90X to get ready for their wedding, and they got pretty ripped, I have to say. The commercials scare me. I'm more of a Ten Minute Trainer (same guy) kind of girl. I so want to start running (and I'm talking 2 miles to your 14) again...I may try today or tomorrow, and see if my feet and shins don't rebel this time.
Come get your new award today!
Aw man, where do you get the inspiration for all of that?! And how fab must you look? I joined a gym last week and I'm still recovering from my "orientation." Let's just say my husband's been buckling my sandals for me... sweet man. The trainer is not.
i love my wii fit. and my mom is sorer than sore after doing her wii active. i must get that. i want to be sore and look good instead of jiggly. ;0)
I am NOT an extremist when it comes to exercise; however, I have heard good things about P90x!
I wish I was an extremist when it came to exercise. I am more an extreme lounger on the beach, baker of all things yummy, play hard with the kids kind of gal! I keep threatening to break out the Wii fit, maybe I could develop an addiction to that?
I think you just have a love for working out! And the whole sweating rolling off.... I love that!! The hubs and I are going to start the PX90. I'm excited!!! And as far as your "extreme" recipes....try Kraftfoods.com. :)
Okay, maybe if I lived a bit closer to you, I'd have abs of steel and a tight booty? Who knows. I'd probably make excuses to wriggle out of working out. I always seem to! I'm not your twin in THIS area, for sure. And I would camp out in a tent with no bathroom. ha ha ha
CCD here: But you stumped me this time. What the heck does the C stand for? "BFFAAC"
Best Friends Forever And Always Continuously?
I swear, you just seem to constantly remind me that we are so much alike it's scary! Proof for this one... go check out the post that I just finished... it's almost a mirror image of this one! Ever since I hurt my foot I've had to change it up... much like with your knee. And we all know what a extreme OCD all or nothing freak I am when it comes to just about anything that I do!
Do you wonder if maybe we were somehow separated at birth?
ummm yeah order the stinking phone would ya!
oh and can I have some details on how to make my glutes burn--seriously...I have the lunges & squats..but I want my booty to be less giggly..any advice?
I was totally gonna mention p90x to you---and then saw you ordered it. My sister-in-law and I have been doing it for 8 weeks I definitely like it. I can finally do a couple pull-ups on my own---no chair!! I definitely have more lower-body strength (thanks running and soccer) but I'm starting to get more definition in my arms which I definitely wanted.
Some videos are INCREDIBLY hard (chest and back---holy cow!) and some are just great work-outs like Core Synergistics. The Yoga one is HORRID! I hate it. I'm not flexible, I prefer to be active, and it's probly the most difficult work-out I've ever done. An actual yoga person I know said it's the hardest yoga video she's ever done so...good luck with that one. Let me know how you like it:)
Okay, I WISH I was more like you! I am only on day 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and it is kicking my butt and I am only on level 1 and it's only 20 mins. You remind me so much of one of my best friends. she is a running FREAK! In college she would make me run with her, and I would be so worn out I would break down and cry afterwords, but I was in the best shape of my life. And as much as I hated it, she loved it. She stills runs (in fact, I think you and her might be the same person) She lives in Alaska now and will run at 20 below zero with ice on her face. (and she's had two knee surgerys) She is crazy, and a little ocd about it. But I think it's a good thing. And again, I wish I loved running and working out that much. ;) You do inspire me though :)
I do that, too. Not the running, but the weights.
I always ache somewhere. Often everywhere.
And I do not have an awesome body, either.
More proof that there is no god.
I have the exact same problem with my IT Band...stinks a ton. But I found with lots of good stretching and icing I can push it harder. Great workout if you cant though is to swim. Go long enough and you'll feel it all over!
Oh boy. I have the extreme opposite problem. Do you want to move in next door to me, so you can help motivate me? How can you not have a great boy after all that working out??
-FringeGirl
Wow..you rock.
I am more of the extreme non-worker-outer.
I am cracking up at what you think and extreme recipe is.
I love working out too. I wish I could push myself a little more with the running though. My favorite workout DVD is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and most of the Firm tapes. I usually feel it the next day any time I bend down.
Just thinking the words "working out" makes me tired. Off to nap.
Wow- my idea of exercise is walking from the living room to the playroom to tell my boys to stop wrestling. You must have an awesome bod, you just don't have the right mirrors!
I loved Taebo back in the day...when I ordered dvds recently and tried it, I only lasted about 5 minutes!
We just got Wii fit...it's fun and doesn't feel like a workout really which is nice.
A friend has the P90X and says it kicks her butt!
It's hard to believe you don't have a great body...would your knees agree?? :)~!
Your attitude is infectious! I am now enjoying the pain in my legs and abs from the P90. Kudos to you!
Send some of your motivation my way! I need it!
I really, really want Wii Active, but I cannot begin to even think about spending that kind of money. =( I need to figure what this P90X is....
I am just starting to get into the workout thing... it is addicting! :) Now if only the food thing was much easier and addicting! lol.
okay...give me 5...eyes on me! (i'm sure you have used the 'give me 5' method in your classroom, haven't you?!?)
i am extremely sore from my Tuesday class i take. each week it kicks my butt and i LOVE how it makes me feel, even though i can't get off the toilet seat the next couple of days without agonizing pain! extreme...you?...nahhhhhhh!
I need to work out more. But then I'm all, "Meh..my pants still fit. Why bother?"
Umm, I'm an extreme reader. Does that count?
I would like to run again( i did in high school) but after 5 kids Im scared it would be like running in my dreams, where Im trying to propel myself along with trees etc:)
My friend gor the P90X and swears by it. Actually so much so that my hubby wants to order it now! I have pilates videos, but I find it hard to get motivated to do work out videos. I have to haul my happy bum to the gym to get anything done!
You've GOTTA TRY BODYPUMP!!!
It's AWESOME and EXTREME...you'll be addicted! 2-3 times per week...alternating days...but it will PUSH you to PUSH yourself.
Look for it at www.lesmills.com
Click on Bodypump...check it out and the find a class near you!
hey getting better on the running thing we ran 3 miles the other day with a 8min30sec average. not bad for this NON RUNNER...still not liking it yet...but trying hard to "enjoy" it.
Tag girl...he he :)
Heyyy...Scott and I do P90X. Let me rephrase that...SCOTT does P90X and I pick.n.chose the ones I can do. It's hardcore so you should enjoy it! The abripperX is nuts!
You just need those Beta Endorphines that you get with exercise - TOTALLY normal! :)
I found you b'c of Erica Scott.
Great blog!
I wish I had that kind of motivation. I work out, but I'm not extreme. Sometimes I think I need to do more but I only push myself a *little* further. That's why I loved working out with a trainer. He kicked my butt like I couldn't.
Post a Comment